removal of winn dri tac grips

Mark1621420

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 9.9
Does anyone know if you can remove Winn dritac grips? I got new shafts but I just put on my grips on the other shafts that I am now not using. Also if in the Cleveland area and really know you can get them off let me know I'll pay someone to do them

Are you asking if you can save the grips and reuse them on other shafts? If so, I do not believe that would be possible

I have those grips and no you can not save them.

That is exactly what the club's pro said as I was handing my clubs to him. Now it looks like I will need to find more grips

Has anyone also tried to put extra wraps under the Winn Dri-Tac grips? I wanted a midsize in the red/black but can't seem to find a set of 8. I am now looking into just getting midsize Golf Prides Multi compounds due to this. When I gripped these last time it was a major pain to get onto the shafts. I first tried to get 2 wraps total on but realized very quickly that wasn't happening.

Has anyone also tried to put extra wraps under the Winn Dri-Tac grips? I wanted a midsize in the red/black but can't seem to find a set of 8. I am now looking into just getting midsize Golf Prides Multi compounds due to this. When I gripped these last time it was a major pain to get onto the shafts. I first tried to get 2 wraps total on but realized very quickly that wasn't happening.

You should be able to find them on eBay, if not I have seen them a lot at Golf Galaxy. I have the all silver grips and love how they look.

I am trying to find the red/black ones in midsize but I don't believe they make them

i've put 2 wraps of tape under them it works fine.

I've saved them before, but they don't save all too well. 50-50 chance and it's a pain. Wear ear and hand protection just in case they explode haha.

2-3 wraps should be fine, just use lot's of solvent.

I for the life of me was barely able to get the grips on with only one wrap and tons of solvent! I pretty much pulled a bicep muscle and thought I was going to break the club with how much pressure I was pushing with

I for the life of me was barely able to get the grips on with only one wrap and tons of solvent! I pretty much pulled a bicep muscle and thought I was going to break the club with how much pressure I was pushing with

What kind of shafts are you putting them on? I never had an issue. 4 wraps was typically where they would get difficult.

Same ones that are in my sig

Sorry I re-gripped KBS Tour 120g stiff shafts

Back