Six4three5's Club Fitting on 4/26/14

I've never been a guy to chase the optimal numbers, but it does provide a solid base to start with and work off of the numbers.

I kind of feel that fitting seems a bit off. I'd be between a stiff and a x-stiff with my iron swing speed and there's no way that's true, MAYBE a stiff depending on the shaft (I think KBS fitted me for a stiff on the online fitting software). Nonetheless, very interesting to see how your fitting went.

I kind of feel that fitting seems a bit off. I'd be between a stiff and a x-stiff with my iron swing speed and there's no way that's true, MAYBE a stiff depending on the shaft (I think KBS fitted me for a stiff on the online fitting software). Nonetheless, very interesting to see how your fitting went.

I think the optimizer takes into account more than just the swing speed. I think it takes into account tempo and kick point as well. I could be wrong with that as I'm not positive. Other than launching the ball relatively low I hit the 2 lighter x-stiff pretty well. I'll probably still end up going stiff shaft, but it certainly makes me think.

I think the optimizer takes into account more than just the swing speed. I think it takes into account tempo and kick point as well. I could be wrong with that as I'm not positive. Other than launching the ball relatively low I hit the 2 lighter x-stiff pretty well. I'll probably still end up going stiff shaft, but it certainly makes me think.

Yeah it's interesting. I've swung heavier shafts and they do feel good but I've always liked the lighter shafts for my tempo.

Yeah it's interesting. I've swung heavier shafts and they do feel good but I've always liked the lighter shafts for my tempo.

You and I both. I think I've just gotten acustom to a lighter stiff shaft. Feels the best to me.

Good stuff Jimmy. We talked about this over text, but I'll mention it here as well.

The shaft optimizer put me in 130 gram X-Stiff shafts with an average six iron swing speed of 92 mph.

My current iron shaft choices for the sets I have are 99 gram regular, and 85 gram stiff.

I'm not saying the optimizer is right or wrong, but the results were really different for me as well.

At the end of the day (I hate that phrase), it's a machine and it is calculating what the "optimum" specs would be. Although the fitting might be based on the "optimum" set-up it doesn't take into consideration the individuals personal feel.

I was recently fit off of the Mizuno swing analyzer also. 88 swing speed with a 7 for tempo and 6 for kick point. Put me in the DGS300. Moved to these from the TaylorMade 85 regular shaft. I am a high ball hitter with a fast tempo so this shaft has helped to ease my swing down a little. I thought I liked the light shafts also, but my swing really needed the extra weight to smooth it out.
6435 you did not mention your other numbers from the analyzer. Care to shore for comparison?

Nice Shef! I just got Rbladez with KBS Tour 90's which is much lighter than my old S300's.

Nice Shef! I just got Rbladez with KBS Tour 90's which is much lighter than my old S300's.

Thanks Case! I definitely got some pondering to do on the shafts I want.

Nice write-up Jimmy! I look forward to seeing your MC bag take shape.

I was recently fit off of the Mizuno swing analyzer also. 88 swing speed with a 7 for tempo and 6 for kick point. Put me in the DGS300. Moved to these from the TaylorMade 85 regular shaft. I am a high ball hitter with a fast tempo so this shaft has helped to ease my swing down a little. I thought I liked the light shafts also, but my swing really needed the extra weight to smooth it out.
6435 you did not mention your other numbers from the analyzer. Care to shore for comparison?

I actually didn't get the other numbers unfortunately. I didn't realize what different numbers they offered. I just heard the guys say his average swing speed was 88mph so that's why I knew those one. I might go to golf galaxy to see if I can't finagle my way for a few swings on it to see what we get tho!

Great read and nice review. I'm anxious as well to see everyone's final MC set ups.

Great read and nice review. I'm anxious as well to see everyone's final MC set ups.

Thanks bud! I still have to add some driver shaft reviews that I took some notes on. Also going to be messing around with a few different shafts in the next week or two that I have available to me.

Nice write up! I had a similar experience a couple years ago where the shaft optimizer spit out all X shafts. I tried them and really like the X100 and PX 6.5. I loved the stability and consistency I could get with them, even if I got a little pumped and swung too hard. Unfortunately my old back just can't take that any more, so I'm back to lighter weight stuff.

Nice read Jimmy

Great read 6, found the ball speed difference interesting. Glad you were fit properly and will have your game face on in July :)

Back