Starting my second week of the discovery phase and feel good about it. I go to the gym every day and have eliminated heavy deadlifts and squats as I try to get more in golf shape.

I think of the program as a Mr Miyagi wax on wax off thing where you develop strength and flexibility which helps the swing.

I would definitely agree with that.

I’m in it since a few months and have a bit of background of human body bio mechanics. And want to through a few thoughts out there…….
There is no good in workouts isolating muscles.
Focus on a full body workout, or only isolate muscles that have a specific problem.
Joey D. developed this program to work against exactly that mistake you do for example in the Gym, Isolating specific muscles. He isolates only muscles if you have a specific issue in that area.
Taking in consideration that we do use in his exercises a lot of muscles at the same time, even if concentrated on big muscle, you have to have awareness what you are doing and focus on the exercise.
Balance and control of the Body is the key. If you are pushing through the exercises without concentration and / or you get to the point where muscle can’t do the job in the right way, you better stop to do the work out and have a break. Why? Because the human body is a complex machine that will, without you thinking about it, prevent damage. How does this work, here a test that you can do at home that will visualize what I’m talking about.
Stay with close feet or light open in front of a mirror; take a bottle filled with 0.5 gallons of water in your right hand. Elevate the arm shoulder high. Stay in that position till you notice it starts burning in the shoulder area, close your eyes and when it is starting to hurt, open your eyes.
Are you still staying straight or are you leaning towards the left site? Did you notice that you are leaning towards the left site? I guess you get my point. Basically your body activated muscles to prevent damage, and they have nothing to do with the motion “elevating an arm shoulder high”.

Muscle memory; this has two characteristics to it. Doing motion in a wrong way over a period of time will branding it in your muscles (brain) we call it habits. To develop such a habit takes, depending on intensity, only a few weeks. To get rid of the same habit a few months. Second point on muscle memory is that doing a workout without doing the actual thing that it is developed for (Golf Swing) will create a motion pattern. That is why you should additional do driving range and hit balls. While on the driving range use only 75-80% of the developed muscle energy. Watch the ball flight, and if you are seeing something is wrong with it, hit a few and feel where you might activate muscle energy that causes that issue. Hit the next ones and reduce the activity of those muscles. When you get back to your workout concentrate to be more passive during the workout in those specific areas.
As told before I’m doing it since a few months now and I defined my goals when I started;
1) to get my body in shape 2) increase my club heat speed 3) to get rid of “force” and work with energy (easy swing)

1) lost 18 pounds ; 2) before (driver) average 92 mph now average 103 mph
3) I swing easier (relaxed) ; constant ball flight (misses are predictable); I feel after 1h driving range and 18 holes like I could go another 18

Summarized; best workout ever if you do it right, and excuse my typos or Grammatik I’m a nonnative speaker.

Thats great info Antifaz!

I've noticed my balance on set up is better and I'm striking the ball better. This is after one month. I really think my game will continue to improve.

As told before I’m doing it since a few months now and I defined my goals when I started;
1) to get my body in shape 2) increase my club heat speed 3) to get rid of “force” and work with energy (easy swing)

1) lost 18 pounds ; 2) before (driver) average 92 mph now average 103 mph
3) I swing easier (relaxed) ; constant ball flight (misses are predictable); I feel after 1h driving range and 18 holes like I could go another 18

Your 3 goals were accomplished by me as well. I didn't need to lose weight but I have strengthened my body and I have picked up 15-20 yards on my drives and 10-15 yards on irons. I also used to be wiped out by the time I finished a round or range session and now I can hit a bucket and play a round and still have enough energy to hit more balls. My swing is much easier and relaxed with increased distance.

After feeling limited by my body doing what I want in the golf swing, I ordered Joey D's complete follow along at home system.

I watched the introduction last night after, and liked what I saw.

Just did my first Discovery workout today, and really liked it. I hate that I feel very limited in some of the exercises, but feel like doing this system will help me out quite a bit especially in those areas.

I bought his book "Fix the body fix the swing" and just doing the stretches before and round and the exercises 2-3 times a week has helped the game a lot. As he says this will not give you a six pack but will help your swing. I am a believer

About to pull the trigger on the program. Really need to improve my flexibility and core strengh in order to increase swing speed, and this sounds like the perfect solution. Any updated thoughts from those who used or currently doing the program?

Last edited:
Does anyone have any actual numbers on distance increased, swing speed increased or anything after doing the program for a while?

Anyone still doing this, looking at picking up the smaller set to do at home for workouts.

Anyone still doing this, looking at picking up the smaller set to do at home for workouts.

Just got done with the 1st month on this and hit balls for the first time today. I really believe in his methods regarding training muscles for their functions in the swing. I do feel there needs to be more involved with core and have been adding that separately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI, the Coupon "SUPER" is still active, thanks!

Looking forward to giving this a try.

James
Looks like the code still works, high ponder mode!!!

Anyone still using this? I'm curious about how long before you got bored with the system?

On my 3rd month.... I found that doing the prescriptions and focusing on those for a month and then doing an all body really helps. Still like it mostly because I can see results

On my 3rd month.... I found that doing the prescriptions and focusing on those for a month and then doing an all body really helps. Still like it mostly because I can see results

How long do you see yourself using it?

How long do you see yourself using it?

I think at least one more month and then Ill focus primarily on stretching and little stuff for awhile with as much golf as I plan to play. I feel like this system really helps if there is a certain aspect of the swing you struggle with because of a body. I might be hitting it a little further but my angles and overall swing have seen great benefits in the first few times I have been out after doing this for a couple of months

Needing a lot more flexibility and starting my diet so I want to give this a try. Does anyone know where I can buy this? His website is sold out and the couple on eBay don't look like what he has on his website.

Needing a lot more flexibility and starting my diet so I want to give this a try. Does anyone know where I can buy this? His website is sold out and the couple on eBay don't look like what he has on his website.
That's too bad, knowing his code still worked!

I just got this back via email.
Hello,

Thank you for your email. We are hoping to have product back in stock by the end of the month. However that is not definite. You can sign up to be put on the waiting list once we get product in you will be emailed and notified. We do apologize for any innocence.

Joey D Golf

I just got this back via email.
Thanks Icey! I just sent them a email about and hour ago inquiring about the same thing lol. Did you ever pick it up? They have the DVD available so I'm wondering if I can just buy the equivalent bands at a workout store?

I'm hard pondering picking this up to do during the winter, anyone done it and seen results?
Golf Fitness Home Follow-Along System -- 20 minutes 3 times a week
bundle_pack-dvd-free_sample.jpg

http://shop.joeydgolf.com/Golf-Fitness-Home-Follow-Along-System--20-minutes-3-times-a-week_p_8.html

From someone that knows your game, I would. Of advise this. Work on some yoga stretches and swing a weighted club.
Thanks buddy, really need to work on my body this offseason and hit the ground running once it warms up in the spring.

Back