Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

Got to work with my 20* pro tonight and I must say it fits into my bag a little better than I thought. Hopefully I can stretch a little more distance out of my 5i to close the gap a bit but for now I think I am going to stick with my same setup and drop the 4i and add the 50*

I was really enjoying what I was seeing out of the hybrid tonight. Mid-high flight and just a nice easy swing to accomplish that. Looking forward to keep getting out and playing with this and seeing those score drop.

Definitely. I'm seeing a a 20 yard gap between the 20* and my 4 iron

Did either of you guys play an XHot hybrid and if so how does the 2 stack up next to it?

You think that's an OK gap at the top of the bag? Have about 12 yards between 4 iron and 5 iron

its not perfect, but certainly manageable considering how long these hybrids are. Step off one for less seems to work well too.

Did either of you guys play an XHot hybrid and if so how does the 2 stack up next to it?

I didn't play the Xhot hybrids. To much of a hook machine for me. But I love the X2Hot. Long and straight and pretty forgiving if you ask me.

Crushed the 3 and 4 hybrids tonight. I sliced a tee shot with the driver that left me 205 to the pin. Pulled the 3h and put a nice easy swing on it. The ball got up with ease, landed on the front edge of the green, and rolled to 6' of the stick.

I had another ugly tee shot the left me 178 to the flag. I was in wet ruff that was going to take some work to get out of. The 4h just launched the ball out of the ruff and it actually carried over the green.

I love these hybrids.

I love my X2Hot 4/22* hybrid. It's a good transition from Apex 5 iron. So far, I have used it for 36 holes in the same day and was 4/4 in GIR from 200-220 yds out. So easy to hit and off the tee I have alot of confidence. So much I am thinking about getting a X2hot 3/19* hybrid to replace the X2 Hot 5 deep I have in the bag.

I didn't play the Xhot hybrids. To much of a hook machine for me. But I love the X2Hot. Long and straight and pretty forgiving if you ask me.

That is definitely good to hear.

Crushed the 3 and 4 hybrids tonight. I sliced a tee shot with the driver that left me 205 to the pin. Pulled the 3h and put a nice easy swing on it. The ball got up with ease, landed on the front edge of the green, and rolled to 6' of the stick.

I had another ugly tee shot the left me 178 to the flag. I was in wet ruff that was going to take some work to get out of. The 4h just launched the ball out of the ruff and it actually carried over the green.

I love these hybrids.

I may just need to hit this guys hybrids on Monday.

its not perfect, but certainly manageable considering how long these hybrids are. Step off one for less seems to work well too.

Yeah I'm trying to determine if choking down or shortening the swing is a better option, but that for another thread

Original was a left machine for me as well. Didn't hit the original pro version though.

For some reason I recall hitting Flog's hybrid once and loved it. Hit it so deep I couldn't find my ball.

I played the original X-Hot Pro hybrids in 18* and 23* last year. Switched to the X2 Hot Pro in 18* and 23* this season. I carry the X2 Hots 15 yards longer. They are also straighter for me and fly a bit lower. I think that's a result of the Tour Green shaft. The Project X shaft was not good for me. I was always fighting a hook.

Pondering 3H something serious. Going 4-PW with the Apex Pros, so now I have a gap to fill. Liking what I reading in here.

Pondering 3H something serious. Going 4-PW with the Apex Pros, so now I have a gap to fill. Liking what I reading in here.

You're welcome to hit mine when we play. Be forewarned, though, that flog bought one within about two weeks of hitting mine. It's that awesome of a club.

You're welcome to hit mine when we play. Be forewarned, though, that flog bought one within about two weeks of hitting mine. It's that awesome of a club.

I've been bitten by the Callaway bug, so I have a feeling it might be in the bag before our round haha. I've never had much success with a hybrid, so it will definitely get a run through my next trip up for a lesson.

I've been bitten by the Callaway bug, so I have a feeling it might be in the bag before our round haha. I've never had much success with a hybrid, so it will definitely get a run through my next trip up for a lesson.

In all honesty, I never looked at a hybrid until the X2Hot. Tried it on a whim, and I was hooked after about three swings.

In all honesty, I never looked at a hybrid until the X2Hot. Tried it on a whim, and I was hooked after about three swings.

Were you a 3 iron guy before? I've hit mine well so far in the MCs. Not gonna lie, I'll be a little skeptical at first.

I play the X Hot and X2 Hot fairway woods and they are awesome, would love to give this one a shot

Were you a 3 iron guy before? I've hit mine well so far in the MCs. Not gonna lie, I'll be a little skeptical at first.

Yep. Although I had a 5W as well. I dropped the 3i for a 50*. But, I swapped out the 5W for the X2Hot 3h.

These are literally the best hybrids I have ever hit.....

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

Yep. Although I had a 5W as well. I dropped the 3i for a 50*. But, I swapped out the 5W for the X2Hot 3h.

Yeah that's the ponder right now. 5W or 3H. We need to set that round up. I'd love to take a few hacks with it. Still kicking myself for not swinging more Cally stuff at #TheKing. I was focused on the matches while out on the range/course.

2nd hole today, Par 5. Good drive left me 247 to the middle of the green. Ball was slightly above my feet so I figure that rather than hit the 5deep I'd play it safe and go with the hybrid to put me in front of the green. Choked up about a half inch and put a nice swing on the ball and it just took off. Perhaps it will land a little short and bounce up to the front of the green?

Nope, ball landed on the front of the green bounced through the green. This hybrid is insane

Back