Last year after getting my Callaway 3Deep my driver use went down to about 5 holes each round. This year I've started some golf specific exercises and am actually longer off the tee because of it. I now carry a 2Deep and am killing it. My old rule was never pull driver unless the hole is over 400 yards. Now I'm hitting the 2Deep on almost all par 4's under 425 yards and also hitting it on many of the par 5's.

If it is giving you so many fits, have you thought about trying a different driver?

I broke my driver 5 days ago. (the crown cracked) I have been using my 3 wood until I make the "big" driver decision. It has me thinking about using a lighter weight driver..

My driver is in time out till it starts acting right.

I've been using my 5-wood more and more off the tee. We play from the Senior tees, and I can still reach the par 4's in two, however instead of a 8-9 iron, I'll be hitting a 6-7 iron. I'll pull the driver on some wide open holes.

I think TM saw this coming, thus their Mini Driver.

I think you have a 13.5-degree driver.

Nope , Its a Titleist 906f4 13.5...It is a strong 3 wood and I have also had people tell me it's a 2 wood

My mom has the same thing her sciatic problem is extreme. Hoping yours is less painful I heard it quite painful. I played with only a 3 wood as a junior. Mostly as I had so much confidence with it and could bomb it 250+ everytime. I feel if thats the case, no need for the big dog. But that being said keep trying drivers just for the extra yards expecially on the longer par 4 and 5's

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Thank's Jaysfan, I'm hoping the therapy will do the trick, If not I will take the Shot. I also agree 100% with your analogy.

I could easily take out my driver on a not too long and tight course. Where I play the wind is too tough and a couple of the par 4s I could not hit with two 3 woods into a stiff breeze. The course i used to be a member at was a perfect course for no driver.

If it is giving you so many fits, have you thought about trying a different driver?

I'm actually thinking about getting an older driver , Titleist 905r. But the tournaments are less than a month away so I will get a few guy's that know my swing pretty well to get me back on track after these tournaments are over.

I've been using my 5-wood more and more off the tee. We play from the Senior tees, and I can still reach the par 4's in two, however instead of a 8-9 iron, I'll be hitting a 6-7 iron. I'll pull the driver on some wide open holes.

I think TM saw this coming, thus their Mini Driver.

I agree, I have not hit one yet but saw one in Golf Galaxy the other day....May have to spank one.

I played a relatively short course today , About 6000 yard's....I used my 3 wood on every hole I could except 1 that I teed off with a 4 iron ( and of course not on the par 3s )...My maximum distance was right at 240 with 225-230 in carry. I was usually hitting it about 225-230 total...For me that was not bad..

I've often considered a 44 inch driver.

I've often considered a 44 inch driver.

To be completely honest I could not tell you the length on any Driver or fairway wood I have ever owned, I do know that I usually have an inch added to all of my irons though.
It is rare i buy a NEW driver, I simply hit a few and go by feel and if I like it I buy it....The Last new driver I have bought was a Taylormade R7

I'm actually thinking about getting an older driver , Titleist 905r. But the tournaments are less than a month away so I will get a few guy's that know my swing pretty well to get me back on track after these tournaments are over.

Is there a sponsorship or brand loyalty that makes you stick only with one brand? There are quite a few great drivers out now that really offer something special in lateral forgiveness.

No driver here right now. I go from 12 degree 2deep to 14.5 3 wood to a 20 degree hybrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back