What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I played golf today...

Short game work and some range time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to ingrain what me and my instructor have been working on. I'm getting there. I have another tourney on Thursday. I love to practice but I need to get in more rounds

Trying to ingrain what me and my instructor have been working on. I'm getting there. I have another tourney on Thursday. I love to practice but I need to get in more rounds

Keep it up buddy. You will be ready come July.

While playing today I got a feel for shaping ball flight. I was doing a good job of fading or drawing when I wanted to, but can't control how much draw or fade yet.

Hit the range this afternoon and discovered that it was also demo/free-fittings day.

I was hitting the driver and 3W really well so I decided to do a Bridgestone ball fitting for the second time.

WP_20140503_017.jpg

My swing speed is up about 6mph from the last time I was on a launch monitor. Nice!

The end result recommended an E5, which surprised me, but the detailed track on the launch monitor clearly showed that all three E5's would have been in the fairway where all of the Q-stars were off to the left. I also gained 4 yards with the E5's, presumably from the better launch angle.

Now I have to decide whether I want to change balls before I head off to Orlando this weekend for LIITA or stick with the Q-stars. Any opinions?

I would say stick with what your significant other has used, if that doesn't matter I would try out the new ball. But if the QStar has been your ball for a long period of time I wouldn't stray until I had practiced my short game with the E5.

Lesson today with a new instructor who uses trackman. Overall it went really well and I like his teaching style. First couple of range sessions this year I was pulling the ball left out had a slight fade. Working on two things now as a result. Ball position was too far forward and taking the club back slightly to the inside. Adjusted both and what a difference it makes. Will go back in a few weeks to see if I have learned anything. ;)

Had a putter shootout between a Counterbalanced Tank #7, the new Golo 5, and the MXM Rossie. I wanted to love one of the Odysseys but I was rolling the Golo extremely well. Time to trade up methinks as I really prefer the silver/black of the new GoLo vs the black/black of the one I use currently.

Also hit the Adams XTD driver. While it got trounced by my Bertha, I can't help but think that all they have to do is slap "TAYLORMADE" on the bottom and it would sell thousands upon thousands. It is far and away a superior product to the SLDR or the Jetspeed IMO.

Had a putter shootout between a Counterbalanced Tank #7, the new Golo 5, and the MXM Rossie. I wanted to love one of the Odysseys but I was rolling the Golo extremely well. Time to trade up methinks as I really prefer the silver/black of the new GoLo vs the black/black of the one I use currently.

Also hit the Adams XTD driver. While it got trounced by my Bertha, I can't help but think that all they have to do is slap "TAYLORMADE" on the bottom and it would sell thousands upon thousands. It is far and away a superior product to the SLDR or the Jetspeed IMO.

Well, duh. Haha. Man I love those MXM, I just can't drop that amount of coin on a putter. (That may change)

Lesson last night working on dropping in to position to hit from the inside.

First tee tee with the kiddo this morning. Then 2 hour range trip where I continued working on swing path while also working on hitting my 3 wood off the deck consistently. Also made some adjustments to my driver set up by hovering the club. I used tape on the club face to find my impact spots and adjusted tee height and position to/from the ball accordingly. Not sure if it's for me or not just yet though.

Finishing-up with some THPing and watching replay of the PGA action from today. Earlier, played in a GCAT tournament.

I think I'll stick with the Q-stars for this trip and perhaps start trying the E5 on my own after we get back. Thanks!

I would say stick with what your significant other has used, if that doesn't matter I would try out the new ball. But if the QStar has been your ball for a long period of time I wouldn't stray until I had practiced my short game with the E5.

Hit the range on my way home this morning, hopefully the course later for LITA practice

Took my son to the course for the first time and it was AMAZING! Nothing more awesome than listening to him have an absolute blast out there! Such an awesome feeling as a dad

Just finished up an hour of putting practice, and before that about 25-30 minutes of chipping.

Complete failure on the golf course...

15 holes of practice with multiple balls, still working on staying connected, starting to pay off thankfully!

Practiced in 37 degree weather

18 holes, new course to me, lovely weather, good company... Even the poor driving and putting couldn't spoil it one bit

Went to the range, hit about 75 balls. Just focusing on make solid contact and not swinging out of my shoes. Then spent 30 min chipping, which I actually took a lot of positives from. It's a beautiful day out and unfortunately I only had time for the range, not 18.

Got 18 holes in.
Sunny with a cold wind apx 46* out.
86 with 36 putts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back