Callaway X2 Hot Driver Preview

Looking like first round ever with X2 hot driver on Monday... Still working out whether I'm better with the draw option set or neutral. But yes, when I swing easy with this it just goes, and better than anything else I've tried.
Range tomorrow to try to dial it in, but it's been so windy it's more difficult to judge..
just love this club. Feels like slipping on a pair of comfy old slippers. Perhaps I shouldn't have said that...

Just analysed my first round with this driver from yesterday. Fairly windy all day. Hit it 12 times, on the fairway 10 times, 1 about 2 yards in light rough left, and 1 about 5 yards off on the right.
compared to my previous TM 580 the dispersion on this was so much tighter and the distance so much more consistent.
This really has made the game so much fun...

Traded my G25 (played at 10° with standard stiff shaft) for a X2 Hot 9° driver. I play the X2 hot at 10° in the Draw setting with the standard Aldila Tour Blue Stiff. What I noticed with one range session, X2 Hot is longer off the tee, does not want to go right, is more forgiving and looks nicer at address. So far I'm happy I made the switch.

Traded my G25 (played at 10° with standard stiff shaft) for a X2 Hot 9° driver. I play the X2 hot at 10° in the Draw setting with the standard Aldila Tour Blue Stiff. What I noticed with one range session, X2 Hot is longer off the tee, does not want to go right, is more forgiving and looks nicer at address. So far I'm happy I made the switch.

Glad you are getting on well with it. It suits me very well and it almost feels hard to me to hit it wildly off line. Enjoy

I think the shaft has something to do with it. Last week I traded in my G25 4 wood for the X2 Hot 5 and 3 woods, played two rounds with those and hit some of the best fairway wood shots of my life. The X2 Hot 3 wood is easier to hit off a tight lie than the G25, since I had so much success with the fairways I thought I should give the driver a try. Now I want to get the X2 Hot 4 hybrid.

Yes I am really interested in the 4 hybrid and the 4 fairway...

I was told at the local golf store that the X2 was the same as the X with an updated cog. True??
I bought the X to replace my Razr Fit but hated the sound, didn't like the feel, and my good hits were not as long. Sold the X to a friend.
I hit the X2 in the store and was killing it and did not seem to have the same sound or feel as the X. The sales guy said it was the same head with the updated cog and that I might not like the X2 when on the course. Any experience between these two?

Last edited:
I was told at the local golf store that the X2 was the same as the X with an updated cog. True??
I bought the X to replace my Razr Fit but hated the sound, didn't like the feel, and my good hits were not as long. Sold the X to a friend.
I hit the X2 in the store and was killing it and did not seem to have the same sound or feel as the X. The sales guy said it was the same head with the updated cog and that I might not like the X2 when on the course. Any experience between these two?

They are not the same, X2 head is lighter and face is also 4% larger without adding any additional weight. Also the Aldila shaft in the X2 is a definate upgrade over the project x. I've hit both and didn't get along with the X but I see the X2 staying in the bag a while.

Thats a bad salesman haha. A misinformed one as well. The shaft alone is worth getting the X2. You won't regret it. #bomber

I thought it was a huge improvement over last years model sound an feel are much better not as good for me as others in the line but better than last year the shaft in the pro is an great upgrade

I am currently weighing up on may be getting a new driver. I currently game the X Hot 10.5* which I got fitted for with a Grafalloy Prolaunch Speedcoat Red 60 Regular Shaft. I am getting really good results with the club.

Since I got fitted for the shaft, I’m I right that in thinking that I can discount any advantage of the new shock shaft in the X2Hot.

So, it would be down to the X2Hot head. One big difference is that it is adjustable and as stated previously the head is bigger yet lighter. Would it get me more distance or would it be more forgiving/ accurate. My natural ball flight is straight or a baby fade.

Therefore, is it was worth my while moving up to the X2Hot driver. Could I justify the extra money you change? or if the wallet can stretch would the Big Bertha driver be a better option?

I hit the X2Hot at GG the other day only took a couple swipes with it and really liked the feel since it was on the sim I don't take any stock in the #'s I was seeing. I liked the feel of the X2Hot better than the Alpha or Bertha as it seemed livelier to me.

Took a few swings with the X2 Hot a couple of weeks ago at a demo day and didn't really connect with it. Then, I moved on to the Big Bertha and hit it pretty well and was kind of wowed by it. Today at another demo day, I was hoping the Big Bertha would wow me, but it didn't. I took a lunch break after hitting clubs for 90 minutes and came back after lunch and tried the X2 Hot. This time, I hit the X2 Hot (10.5*, no adjustments, reg flex) very well, better than the Big Bertha. I like the darker finish and feel better than last year's XHot. Also, I like stock shaft much better than last year's version and I probably hit this as long if not longer (hard to tell because the better range balls were gone by the last hour of the demo day) than anything else today. This year's X2 Hot gives me a nice launch height wise but with less spin compared with last year's stock offering. This was my favorite along with the Ping G25. I'm not giving up on the Big Bertha yet, but I'm going to give the X2 Hot serious consideration. I having an iron and driver fitting on Saturday that will hopefully help me get things sorted out.

Took a few swings with the X2 Hot a couple of weeks ago at a demo day and didn't really connect with it. Then, I moved on to the Big Bertha and hit it pretty well and was kind of wowed by it. Today at another demo day, I was hoping the Big Bertha would wow me, but it didn't. I took a lunch break after hitting clubs for 90 minutes and came back after lunch and tried the X2 Hot. This time, I hit the X2 Hot (10.5*, no adjustments, reg flex) very well, better than the Big Bertha. I like the darker finish and feel better than last year's XHot. Also, I like stock shaft much better than last year's version and I probably hit this as long if not longer (hard to tell because the better range balls were gone by the last hour of the demo day) than anything else today. This year's X2 Hot gives me a nice launch height wise but with less spin compared with last year's stock offering. This was my favorite along with the Ping G25. I'm not giving up on the Big Bertha yet, but I'm going to give the X2 Hot serious consideration. I having an iron and driver fitting on Saturday that will hopefully help me get things sorted out.
These were my top 3 so I would def keep them all in the reckoning. O I forgot I liked the Nike too.

My buddy in the last year had a Razr X & X Hot driver break on him so he called Callaway upset that 2 drivers broke and Callaway being as great as they are said Ok we'll send you X2 Hot and shipping label to send back the X Hot, so his new driver arrived on Thursday and we golfed Sunday and I got to hit it on one hole, he had it set to Draw and I bombed the drive farther then I hit my new Nike Covert 2.0 and he had his best driving day to date, When I was looking at new Drivers the Nike, X2 Hot and Bio Cell made the final 3 but a ebay deal kinda made the decision for me but know I'm questioning if I made the right decision and I should not have let $$$ be the deciding factor, but man the X2 Hot is a #bomber !!!

In light of my #thegauntlet selection, I was tinkering with a x2hot pro driver at +2. I could really like it.

These were my top 3 so I would def keep them all in the reckoning. O I forgot I liked the Nike too.

I liked the Nike too and had a decent driving round with a demo today. I hit about a dozen balls with the 10.5* X2 Hot stock reg shaft demo today and I didn't notice until after the first 3 ball set (was also trying the Big Bertha and G25) that it was set at +2 draw. It was ridiculously easy to hit. Nice easy launch & height without ballooning with a nice controllable draw, and it was on average longer than the other two. The X2 Hot is definitely on my short list for my fitting Saturday.

I liked the Nike too and had a decent driving round with a demo today. I hit about a dozen balls with the 10.5* X2 Hot stock reg shaft demo today and I didn't notice until after the first 3 ball set (was also trying the Big Bertha and G25) that it was set at +2 draw. It was ridiculously easy to hit. Nice easy launch & height without ballooning with a nice controllable draw, and it was on average longer than the other two. The X2 Hot is definitely on my short list for my fitting Saturday.

Thats my experience in a nutshell. The only thing I would say now that I've 2 rounds with it, is that it doesn't like being forced. First round was fine. Second round I tried to force it, and was a lot more inconsistent. Back to the range afterwards to sort it out and it's fine with a solid smooth swing.
not sure if that's me, the head or the fact that I'm using the stock reg shaft. I suspect Bertha and the others may be the same for me, not sure. My SS is about 90.
but whatever, with a good smooth swing, this is the longest easiest one to hit time after time...
have fun Saturday..

Have one 18 hole round and two 9 hole rounds in with a X2 Hot Pro, stock stiff at +1* in draw setting. Extremely pleased with it and might end up taking the gamer spot from the Alpha.

HUGE improvement from the 1st generation in my opinion and very underrated. Can be found very inexpensive in the market or w/ the upcoming $50 off promotion from Callaway.

Have one 18 hole round and two 9 hole rounds in with a X2 Hot Pro, stock stiff at +1* in draw setting. Extremely pleased with it and might end up taking the gamer spot from the Alpha.

HUGE improvement from the 1st generation in my opinion and very underrated. Can be found very inexpensive in the market or w/ the upcoming $50 off promotion from Callaway.

I've got a half a dozen rounds in with mine and it's my new gamer as well, displacing the multitude of drivers I own (X Hot Pro, Mizuno Mp630, Cleveland Classic XL, TM R1, Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme, Adams Super LS, Bridgestone J40)

Last edited:
I picked up the X2 Hot driver (non pro) today. Weather sucks but got on to the range. It really does feel like the ball explodes off the face. So much better than the Big Bertha in my opinion. I really am surprised how little love this club gets. Can't wait to take it out on Sunday and see how she does.

This is a beast for me. This will be my gamer at the MC 9*

Picked one up a couple days ago after demoing it and the BB at my golf club. It's 10.5 regularl.

It performed better for me. It's replacing a snapped regular flex RBZ 10.5.

I played with the settings, found +2 Draw produced the longest most consistent hits, easily 20 yards longer then my rbz average, mostly due to the RBZ dispersion for me was all over the place and the X2hot is much much much tighter on this.

I will say I don't like the sound of it....but ill trade the loudness of the RBZ for the forgiveness I'm seeing everyday of the week and twice on sunday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Back