Euro Soccer 2013-2014 season (SPOILERS)

You realize that after tomorrow, City will have two games left to Liverpool's 1, and we've already scored 150 goals this season, so they can score a bunch of goals! Even if City only wins by one each of the next two games, that gives them a differential of 61. Liverpool is at 50 now.

It won't matter anyway, since Liverpool will drop points tomorrow. :eyepoke:

It will be fun when uefa bans City from the CL.

Would be nice, but won't happen...big fine, though maybe. I've no love for City's practices, but PSG are the real cheaters.

Blu will be ranting when City's owners cut a check for the fine. hehehe

Blu will be ranting when City's owners cut a check for the fine. hehehe

As long as they don't pay for it with a retroactive sponsorship deal.

Oh dear Liverpool. What have you done!

yzava7y2.jpg

Wow just saw the score...... Hmm this really shakes things up heading into Sunday.

That was fun to watch :alien:

Couldn't see that coming. Bad news for the premiership if you ask me...

You realize that after tomorrow, City will have two games left to Liverpool's 1, and we've already scored 150 goals this season, so they can score a bunch of goals! Even if City only wins by one each of the next two games, that gives them a differential of 61. Liverpool is at 50 now.

It won't matter anyway, since Liverpool will drop points tomorrow. :eyepoke:
Ahem . . .

Make up games. I hope City doesn't have a let-down against Aston Villa. It would sure make Sunday exciting though. United can secure seventh place by dropping points against Hull City.

EPL TV and Internet Viewing Schedule
All times Eastern.

Note: All matches shown on NBC, NBC Sports Network, and Premier League Extra Time will also be shown live on NBC Sports Live Extra..

Tuesday, May 6:

• Manchester United vs Hull, 2:45pm, NBCSN

Wednesday, May 7:

• Manchester City vs Aston Villa, 2:45pm, NBCSN
  • Sunderland vs West Brom, 2:45pm, Premier League Extra Time

Man City (and PSG) look like receiving a £50m fine and a reduction in CL squad size down to 21. Ooooh, that'll hurt em. Not.

Man City (and PSG) look like receiving a £50m fine and a reduction in CL squad size down to 21. Ooooh, that'll hurt em. Not.

Don't tell blu, hehehe.

I actually 100% agree with him that spending is way out of control. But love being on the other side of this argument with him!

report is 50m Euros, so closer to ~60m. The only really potentially challenging piece is if they stick them with the 8 "homegrown" players requirement amongst the reduced limit of 21. That actually could make it harder for them to advance in the CL.

report is 50m Euros, so closer to ~60m. The only really potentially challenging piece is if they stick them with the 8 "homegrown" players requirement amongst the reduced limit of 21. That actually could make it harder for them to advance in the CL.
It looks like that is part of the penalty.

http://news.sky.com/story/1256043/manchester-city-facing-50m-fine-from-uefa

Under sanctions which the club are contesting, City will also have to cap their spending on Champions League players so spending does not exceed this year's total.

The reduction in the size of the Champions League squad to 21 could hit City hardest, as they will have to continue selecting eight "home-grown" players in the squad.

City are contesting the Uefa sanction, but if they do not agree to the sanctions, set out in an initial "settlement offer", they face even stiffer penalties.

The normal squad size is 25 so a reduction of 3 is hardly punitive. And imagine sheikh whatever his name is probably has 50 million quid in his pockets as change.

Does levying a fine on a team that is 'losing' money make any sense? 50m euros when you just lost 45m over two years. I know the point is to keep out the sugar daddy over spenders that is driving up the price of everything. But fining them such a huge amount seems like an odd way of doing it. Does that then become part of their 'expenses' making it even more likely of continued failure to comply...

Reduced squad is seems to make some sense. I would say the penalties should either disqualification from the Champions league or required net spend of 0 during the transfer window.

Wow just saw the score...... Hmm this really shakes things up heading into Sunday.

I didn't watch the game as I was on the course for my league and I knew with 24 premiering I would not be able to watch it. I felt really good on the 11th hole with a three goal lead.... By the 14th green, the score was tied.... Incidentally, my match went to hell after the 14th hole....

report is 50m Euros, so closer to ~60m.

A pound is worth more than a euro. It's the other way round, 60m Euros/ 50m pounds.

I would say the penalties should either disqualification from the Champions league or required net spend of 0 during the transfer window.

Many will be pleased you aren't the president of UEFA LOL

We'll be watching the City-Aston Villa game after we get home tonight. They better not blow this!

Villa had nothing to play for, and it showed! Another disappointing season draws slowly to a close, thank god!!!!

We'll be watching the City-Aston Villa game after we get home tonight. They better not blow this!

Such a poor fist half, do I care? Well yes just for you Small's glad you won in the end but you made a job of it. For me as the song goes "Wise men say only fools rush in but I can't help falling in love with you.........."

My team won and that's all that matters to me, next drink please!

Oh dear, a messy morning..............

Back