Your favorite shot to hit?

Any shot with my fairway woods or driver. Too much confidence with them.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Gotta say the 100-105 yard shot with my 54. I absolutely love any shot with my wedges but that has to be my favourite. My coach taught me to put it back in my stance, line up a little open, hands at the ball, and make a smooth swing with a little weight shift. The result is a killer low trap draw that spins like mad. It's a money shot for me and more often than not I execute it perfectly

Being late spring in Kansas, the winds are 20-30 just about every day, so hitting a well executed knock down wedge is a real pleasure. Love leaving myself 50-60/110-120 yards to the hole and flighting in a wedge and watching it dance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3w from the tee. I love flushing that, watching the gentle draw take it 270-300 yds down the fairway.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

It used to be a high cut from 160 with my 7 iron. It now seems to be a high cut from about 140 with a 7 iron.

I like being about 160 out for a smooth 7 iron. I typically play a little fade into it a little back in my stance. Works really well for me.

Replied to Jmans post about hitting a 54* wedge close in his round today, and I replied with that type of shot is one of my favorites.

So, what is your favorite shot to hit?

For me, it's as I posted earlier... Being around 100 or so yards out, taking a 54* wedge and playing it back of my stance a little bit, keeping it low and watching it dive and bite right at the pin.

I have to agree with this shot. Nothing quite looks as good then the 54 low flighted shot. I had one last night that was perfect. I was 86 out, 3/4 the 54* and put some nice spin on it, the ball stopped, spun to the right (toward the pin) and left me with a 10 foot birdie putt, which I promptly missed, but the shot looks lovely.

i'd say a 3/4 54* from about 100 yards that just checks up and stops.

110 yard - 52* wedge
It's the one club and shot that I know is going to spin and stop for me.

That drive that I think only goes 230 and I keep driving and see it went 280-300.

110 yard full 52* wedge

I love swinging away with my driver. Just a great feeling watching the ball take off, reaching down to pick up the tee, and then watching it land nicely in the middle of the fairway. Just one of my favorite sequence of events when I play. If only I could say it happens every tee shot.

this is actually really hard to answer for me, because there are a lot of different shots I love. Assuming we're talking about a shot you like before you hit it (not just afterward if you happen to hit it perfectly), I'd probably have to say I currently really enjoy being anywhere from 100-150 yards of the green. I'm feeling really good with my short irons right now and have been hitting greens more than I ever did previously. 130-135 gives me a great look with PW and I'm loving that shot these days.

I love swinging away with my driver. Just a great feeling watching the ball take off, reaching down to pick up the tee, and then watching it land nicely in the middle of the fairway. Just one of my favorite sequence of events when I play. If only I could say it happens every tee shot.

Lol yeah, mines like watching where it goes so I can find it.

I love the 30 yard flop shot where I can pull out my 60 degree, open my stance and swing away.

75yd shot with my 49* wedge. Nice easy 3/4 swing

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I've always been a Phil Mickelson fan and the shot that inspired me to really start playing golf was his flop shot. It has since been my favorite shot to hit. From the semi rough open up the face, swing and watch it go high up and release just a little to the hole. It's a thing of beauty

Tapatalkin away

Last edited:
I would have to say my 4 or 5 iron landing the green and staying close to where it just fell. Knockdown shots...umm can't do it I make up for my height deficiency with ball flight.

I like any shot that goes where intended really, but if I had to choose it would have to be a nutted drive--right down the middle and as far as I can hit one.

I love hitting a 3/4 to 1/2 SW's from around 100 to 50 yards. Put it about a ball length father back in my stance and clipping the ball perfectly. Watching the high ball flight, watch it take two hops and pull the sting on the spin. I pulled this shot off last time I was out playing from about 65 yards, pulled it back to a little over a foot for a birdie. It was sweet.

Tee shot on a short par 3 around 120 to 150. It's an awesome feeling sticking the green on those par 3's.

The knock down GW from 90-100. Ball back in stance and when executed properly, the ball hits, hops, and stops

My PW from around 120yds into the green, 1 hop and stop............love it every time.

I have to add the straight up a steep hill putt--can just be aggressive with it!

Back