Golfing in Nebraska

Bulldog, If I ever find myself in Wichita for training I'll have to hit you up.

Granted I don't get there as much as I use to.

~Don't practice til you get it right, Practice til you can't get it wrong~

Wichita
I35 & 80 across

If you're driving 4.5 hours, do you want to try and play Saturday and Sunday or are you happy with just 1 round?

Thought I'd make a weekend of it

Thought I'd make a weekend of it

I could be talked into golfing on Sunday too... Just saying. There are options west of Lincoln near i80 too (Milford and York to name two)

Thats fine. I enjoy lil munis as much as $$ courses

Duey mentioned around York are some nice courses

Mitford course is nice, golfed it when I went to school there.

I can also do a weekend, I have friends I can stay at in lincoln/Omaha, plus my birthday is the first so it wouldn't be bad to celebrate it in that area

Duey mentioned around York are some nice courses

I've never played the course in York, but hear its a nice one. Smallish greens with lots of hills and trees. Lochland, here in Hastings is very nice, but my favorite close by is Centura Hills in Cairo. We will be moving the following weekend, so I might be up to play that weekend depending on what stuff I have in the works and how close the course.

I've never played the course in York, but hear its a nice one. Smallish greens with lots of hills and trees. Lochland, here in Hastings is very nice, but my favorite close by is Centura Hills in Cairo. We will be moving the following weekend, so I might be up to play that weekend depending on what stuff I have in the works and how close the course.

Duey, you want to join us at iron horse on Saturday or just on Sunday if we go west of town? What course could we play to entice you to join us??

Duey, you want to join us at iron horse on Saturday or just on Sunday if we go west of town? What course could we play to entice you to join us??

I'll try to make it over to Iron Horse for one of the two days. Too much going on here right now to set anything around me, just play what ever fits you guys and I'll try to work with it. Iron Horse is a fun course, so is Quarry Oaks just down the road.

I might be able to make May 31st at Iron Horse.

I might be able to make May 31st at Iron Horse.

What's it going to take to turn that might into a yes? We've got to get out again, been too long since we both played like crap at woodland hills.

What's it going to take to turn that might into a yes? We've got to get out again, been too long since we both played like crap at woodland hills.

We definitely need to get out again.

As far as the 31st, it would all depend on the time we play. Morning works best for me, but with people traveling to get here, I'm not sure if that would work for everybody else.

You bring up a good point about times. Rhyno, bulldog, and duey, how early would you be willing to start on the 31st?

Oh, I can see if I can head down there a say early. I would say 10 ish at the earliest if I left that morning. Maybe sooner.

I coming fri night. If I'm pack & leave from work (2:30 pm) I be there to settle in, have a nice dinner & drinks & be ready for Sat.

Another question. .is anyone walking? So I know if to pack the clicgear

Ok, so let's get a headcount for Saturday May 31st at Iron Horse and see if we can fill two groups.

Nebgolfer
Rhyno
Bulldog
Mulligan9111
TheDue (maybe)

Any others interested? I'll shoot for 10:00ish unless I hear Rhyno is in sooner.
:
For Sunday at course TBD (looking west of Lincoln: Milford or York):
Nebgolfer
Rhyno
Bulldog

Tee time will depend on who all chimes in.

Last edited:
It's only like 2 1/2 hrs from here, so I can be there early. 10 sounds good, but I can be earlier if need be.

Scratch this. Be more fun to ride & converse

Iron Horse would not be a fun course to walk at all. Very hilly and between some of the holes has a lot of distance.

WTH is Icy?

WTH is Icy?

He's going to be in Indy the end of the month, so he's probably ducking the thread. Wish he could make it, but THP event beats local event.

Yea, no worries we'll have to arrange another to meet icy.

Sorry guys I'll be in Indy, have fun though!

Back