Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an awful 9 holes yesterday. My driver is just a ? right now, nothing feels right and I am hitting it not even close to solid (not even club face contact). Irons, shanked 5 grounders in a row in the water tin cup style after not shanking one time this season so far. Grip feels uncomfortable no matter if I do overlap or interlock, tried my modified 10 finger and it worked in the beginning but fell apart. I am lost lol :confused2:

Chipping and half swings are the only things feeling great. I THWACK the ball on half swings but when I get into the full body 80% swings I am falling apart.

Andy and I took advantage of a beautiful day and played IvyRidge. He's hitting long drives and Iron play was pretty good.All in all our putting needed some work but didn't play too bad. I'm sure he'll type in as soon as he gets to a computer. Hope everyone else is getting out this weekend!

Absolutely perfect day for golf. The Links at Ivy Ridge was in incredible shape, beautiful course. I highly recommend it.
Allan shot a nice 90 and 92 for me. Putting hurt both of us. Allan was money with the Callaway driver back in the bag.
Driver was good again for me but the short game was awful.

Allan waiting to hit on #2.

Hit 3/4 greens on par 3s, but 3 putted two of them.

Our tee shots on #15, @160 yard par 3. Allan missed a hole in one by 3 inches. My birdie putt lipped out.

Absolutely perfect day for golf. The Links at Ivy Ridge was in incredible shape, beautiful course. I highly recommend it.
Allan shot a nice 90 and 92 for me. Putting hurt both of us. Allan was money with the Callaway driver back in the bag.

Our tee shots on #15, @160 yard par 3. Allan missed a hole in one by 3 inches. My birdie putt lipped out.
Course looks phenomenal. And...Allan!!!! So close!!!

Looking good boys! And Allan!! What a shot!!

Great shot Allan!!

That course looks really nice - wish we had a chance to play there before I moved. Next time I am in the area :)

Great shot Allan!!

That course looks really nice - wish we had a chance to play there before I moved. Next time I am in the area :)

Definitely!

I had an awful 9 holes yesterday. My driver is just a ? right now, nothing feels right and I am hitting it not even close to solid (not even club face contact). Irons, shanked 5 grounders in a row in the water tin cup style after not shanking one time this season so far. Grip feels uncomfortable no matter if I do overlap or interlock, tried my modified 10 finger and it worked in the beginning but fell apart. I am lost lol :confused2:

Chipping and half swings are the only things feeling great. I THWACK the ball on half swings but when I get into the full body 80% swings I am falling apart.

I've been there. The more you think about it the worse it gets. Take a step back. Look at whats working on the half swings and work back up to full swings.

great tee shost guys, looks like you guys should be playing on Sunday afternoon....on tv with shots like that:banana:

Thanks guys! We had a great day and after watching Andys' tee shot,I was just saying to myself"Oh Boy,just get it on the green". We'll be back at ArrowHead Sat.morning and we just have to hone in on the putting! It looks good for Sat. so I hope everyone can get out also.

great tee shost guys, looks like you guys should be playing on Sunday afternoon....on tv with shots like that:banana:

Blind squirrel, Mike :)

Hang in there Golds! I was having similar issues earlier in the season, slow things down and do what works for the time being. Hit the shots you feel comfortable with, even if it's using a single club from tee to green.

Saturday late morning will be playing Mill Creek, hope that rain holds off!

Gotta get you and Jimmy to Ivy Ridge for a round. I think you guys would love the course.

Gotta get you and Jimmy to Ivy Ridge for a round. I think you guys would love the course.

Count me in!! We gotta figure out getting together soon. Been way to long for not playing with my WNY THPers.

Count me in!! We gotta figure out getting together soon. Been way to long for not playing with my WNY THPers.

It'll be a great day if you make it down.Let's work on it!

4 hours for me to there, but I'm not opposed depending on when you guys pick a date.

Ivy Ridge looks great. I will be at Churchville for the league Saturday and probably Sunday as well.

The course is immaculate and it would be great to get everyone there. Give me notice and I'll see what I can do!

4 hours for me to there, but I'm not opposed depending on when you guys pick a date.

Pete, if you want to make a weekend of it, could do Arrowhead or another course (Hickory Stick?) on the other day.
Make the 4 hour drive worth it for you.

Pete, if you want to make a weekend of it, could do Arrowhead or another course (Hickory Stick?) on the other day.
I think Glen Oak would be better than Hickory Stick

Really? Think I'm gonna have to disagree with you there Allan. Not a huge fan of Glen Oak.

That was my thinking as well. I know you guys might not be able to do both days with work and family stuff, but I'd be interested in something like that.

That was my thinking as well. I know you guys might not be able to do both days with work and family stuff, but I'd be interested in something like that.

Who says you're not family?! :alien:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back