Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Hawks View today. LOVED the course. Will give more thoughts tomorrow

uvy6azut.jpg
bara6yqu.jpg
7yse8uny.jpg

Hawks View today. LOVED the course. Will give more thoughts tomorrow

Glad to hear it!! It's really a nice place to play.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Great pics, TimG! I'm going to be in Lake Geneva in a couple of hours, playing a tournament at Geneva National. Hoping for some sun, today.

Great pics, TimG! I'm going to be in Lake Geneva in a couple of hours, playing a tournament at Geneva National. Hoping for some sun, today.

Power draw right down the middle sir!! Good luck.

Thanks! That's the plan. I haven't played the Trevino course in a while, so looking forward to that, too.

OK, what is with the weather in our area?!?! Played this AM with dhartmann, and it was not exactly warm. Then, my afternoon putting session was even cooler, with wind directly off the lake. We need some days with true temps in the 60s (that are not workdays)!

Having said that, enjoyed the round (I can see how an annual membership at Renwood would be a good deal).

Got home late afternoon and took some time to decompress. Ill add more later but ill give you guys an update and some pictures.

First off, the resort was awesome. Rooms were nice, staff was friendly, and the food and drink options were ample. Ok anyways, on to the golf. We did 2 teams of 6 Ryder cup style. The staff at the courses treated us like we were a group of 30. Anything we needed was taken care of promptly.

We played the highlands Saturday afternoon. Was warm(ish) but we had to deal with 25+ MPH winds. The course was in GREAT shape. I didn't think the course would recover from the brutal winter or even the rain we have been getting. We played the tips (~6600 yards) and it was a fair but challenging. The greens were immaculate and rolled quick but true. This course really set up to my eye and my play showed it.

This morning we played the brute. Turned out to be a very nice day with mild winds. Holy cow what a test. From the opening tee to the last hole, not 2 shots I had were similar. From huge elevation changes, to gigantic bunkers, to well placed hazards the course was a real treat. You defiantly need to be below the hole or else it's 3 putt city.

Quick note, practice areas were good, only bummer was it was mats at the range all weekend. Large putting green and solid short game area.

To the pictures:

Short game area
sahuza8e.jpg

seby5ama.jpg

A little practice on highlands 18th
u6a4azar.jpg

tegutury.jpg

My shot on brute #4 175 par 3
sume9u5a.jpg

My buddy in a tiny bunker
e4u3e8u7.jpg

y5a5ema4.jpg

tyzumu8a.jpg

ajegu8uq.jpg

Brute 18
tegumu2e.jpg

Best part of the weekend, we played 54 holes and not 2 were the same. Can't wait until next year's trip already.

Hey guys....I got a code from TeeOff.com that if you book a foursome with one of their "Deal Times" and play by May 12th, you can use "Foursome25" for 25% savings. Just thought I'd throw it out there since I won't be able to use it.

Found out the front nine at my home course is closed on weekdays for a while because the greens all but died this winter. I guess the ice and snow suffocated the kikuya grass. Hopefully they'll be back to normal by Memorial Day.

Found out the front nine at my home course is closed on weekdays for a while because the greens all but died this winter. I guess the ice and snow suffocated the kikuya grass. Hopefully they'll be back to normal by Memorial Day.

I read a post on a cga blog saying that older courses in our area with a lot of Poa in the greens had a lot of die out from this winter. Newer courses are in much better shape.

Highlands of Elgin, Bowes Creek and Blackstone are all very very good for this time of year, maybe this is part of the explanation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a putting lesson with Kevin Weeks. His setup is second to none. He's also a good guy who knows how to teach. I'm up for another lesson soon.

Yes a tough winter . What you say we get a group and bet a few pizzas ? No harm no foul there . I say cog hill

Is anybody playing anywhere notable this weekend? I am playing one of my least favorite courses...Pheasant Run. I have heard its in rough shape too. I have a freebee I need to use up... Anybody playing anything they are excited about?

Orange County National in Orlando! :) pretty excited about that.

Orange County National in Orlando! :) pretty excited about that.

Yeah, that event looks awesome! Heck of a deal too... I am sure you are going to have a great time!

I know it's last minute but I'm playing at countryside prairie course tomorrow.morning at 7:30. $36 to walk if anyone wants to join

Have fun. Hope it's less than five hours for you!

I played there a couple weeks ago and was surprised about how quick it was. Hopefully the same tomorrow. Enjoy FL!!

I played there a couple weeks ago and was surprised about how quick it was. Hopefully the same tomorrow. Enjoy FL!!

Seems every time I play there it's 5 hours. Drives me crazy.

Hopefully I'm playing early enough it won't be that bad

Back