Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ivy Ridge is a great course.

Another mid 90s round again today. Just can not get it together so far this year. Still a great time at Arrowhead with Allan and his buddies Pete and Jeff. Pete's got game, shot a 77.

Another mid 90s round again today. Just can not get it together so far this year. Still a great time at Arrowhead with Allan and his buddies Pete and Jeff. Pete's got game, shot a 77.
Where are you leaving strokes out there? Putting, short game, penalties...?

For me it's all three. And even when I get a FIR I miss the green. Or if I fall a$$-backwards into a GIR, it's 45 feet from the pin.

Where are you leaving strokes out there? Putting, short game, penalties...?

For me it's all three. And even when I get a FIR I miss the green. Or if I fall a$$-backwards into a GIR, it's 45 feet from the pin.

It's brutal, Pete, all over the place. I'll hit a great drive and screw up the short iron shot. Only 2 GIRs today.
Bad short game, good short game, never know which one.
Putting was OK today for the most part, only 30 putts but that was due mostly to good greenside chips.
The inconsistency is so aggravating. I actually got a little pissed off today a couple times which I don't like to do.

It's brutal, Pete, all over the place. I'll hit a great drive and screw up the short iron shot. Only 2 GIRs today.
Putting was OK today for the most part, only 30 putts but that was due mostly to good greenside chips.
The inconsistency is so aggravating. I actually got a little pissed off today a couple times which I don't like to do.

This was so me yesterday. Just couldn't get it going. Had my best driving day, I hit every fairway and had mostly good approach shots but damn my short game is everywhere

Our games sound so shockingly similar it's scary. And I'm a bit lost right now on what to work on to make it better.

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

There is a chance I may have time to play golf in the Albany area. What course do you recommend?

Our games sound so shockingly similar it's scary. And I'm a bit lost right now on what to work on to make it better.

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Very similar games. I honestly think it's a head thing, and a mental approach to each shot at this point.
I know I am completely capable of making the shots but something happens when I'm standing over that ball.
I need a sports psychologist...and alcohol :)

There is a chance I may have time to play golf in the Albany area. What course do you recommend?
Where in Albany? Tons of options depending upon where in the area you'll be.

Orchard Creek west of the city; Van Patten or Eagle Crest north of the city; Burden Lake east of the city; and Capital Hills right in the city would be my suggestions.

Very similar games. I honestly think it's a head thing, and a mental approach to each shot at this point.
I know I am completely capable of making the shots but something happens when I'm standing over that ball.
I need a sports psychologist...and alcohol :)
I agree. For me it's focus and concentration (has to be). Just don't know how to fix it. I read a Bob Rotella book, maybe I need to read it again?

This was so me yesterday. Just couldn't get it going. Had my best driving day, I hit every fairway and had mostly good approach shots but damn my short game is everywhere

If I have to make a flop shot, I'm screwed. Kept leaving it short or chunked. Dropped a couple right in the bunkers I was trying to get over.
3 blow-up hole triples today.

If I have to make a flop shot, I'm screwed. Kept leaving it short or chunked. Dropped a couple right in the bunkers I was trying to get over.

It's so annoying!!!! I won't even get into my putting because that was just horrendous but im the same with chunks or just plain short. Its so bad ive been pondering wedges lol I need a change of scenery and im just not loving my 58 atv anymore. I like full shots with speedblade pw and aw but I need a 54 and 58 bad. Im blaming equipment then ill check my game ; )

Slow down Cowboy! First of all you know how to flop.Remember who you golf with. Yes you were pounding your drives out there and Iron work was a little astray but good contact.Your chipping was a bit chunky and if you need a focus,that's where I would start but generally speaking....you have a good game and need a "tweaking".Maybe see Marlene Davis or Cindy Miller for a quick 1/2 hr. and as Pete suggested..............:clap:

I agree. For me it's focus and concentration (has to be). Just don't know how to fix it. I read a Bob Rotella book, maybe I need to read it again?
Pete,don't you see what he's doing..............He's suckin' you in for the big Ocean City setup! It's a classic ploy that scammers use and when we get there,guess who's got an "A" game? I'll get him back to Ivy Ridge on Thursday and he'll be pounding that ball,chased by meticulous flop shots!

Pete,don't you see what he's doing..............He's suckin' you in for the big Ocean City setup! It's a classic ploy that scammers use and when we get there,guess who's got an "A" game? I'll get him back to Ivy Ridge on Thursday and he'll be pounding that ball,chased by meticulous flop shots!

Although I appreciate the votes of confidence, Allan :) my low round this year has been 92.
A lesson with one of the Millers might be beneficial though.

Managed to pull out a T1 in the 16-18 division with a 77 in a 20mph wind. Had some really poor mental errors, but hit the ball well. So... yeah

Managed to pull out a T1 in the 16-18 division with a 77 in a 20mph wind. Had some really poor mental errors, but hit the ball well. So... yeah
Nice going! Where did you play that it was so windy? I was at ArrowHead and it was calm as it ever has been.
What a fabulous day! Played with a father and son,this kid hit the low screaming drives at 280-310 all day but struggled with his short game.Still,it was a pleasure to play with them! Can't wait for tomorrow,I'll be back there.

Nice going! Where did you play that it was so windy? I was at ArrowHead and it was calm as it ever has been.

Played up in the Niagara Falls area. About 20mph winds

What tournament and course?

Wny pga at Niagara frontier cc

They don't have a tournament listed there for today? This is from the WNY PGA website?

sebu2y9u.jpg

They don't have a tournament listed there for today? This is from the WNY PGA website?

sebu2y9u.jpg

It's on the Junior program. You have to be a member to view the schedule.

sebu2y9u.jpg

It's on the Junior program. You have to be a member to view the schedule.

Actually you don't have to be a member to view it. Nice recovery after that double bogey on #7. :)

Congrats on the first place finish Casey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back