What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Went from pro v1 to Wilson Duos. What a difference.

Project(a)... played very well with it... don't know why, but I'm surprised. I haven't liked too many TaylorMade balls.

Well. Recently played the Callaway SuperSoft as it's such a soft ball. Oh so soft. But then I also put an SR2 and a TMAG Lethal in play also. The Lethal felt awesome and much "heavier" than the SuperSoft, with great feel. The SR2 was solid as well. When money is on the line though, I'll normally game a pro v1x. Man. That ball is long!

Playing the previous model Wilson FG Tour (yellow) and love it. Get's good distance, has good spin and I know I never have to worry about somebody else mistaking it for their ball.

Also, a tour quality ball that I can get for $20-25 a dozen is right up my alley.

I saw a sleeve of the TM project a today on my way out of the clubhouse so I decided to give them a go. I was pleasantly surprised! Off the tee they were fantastic for me today. My swing was on so that helped haha but the distance and feel I was getting was darn good. Around the greens I cant quite say because I had an awful short game day but they definitely offer more spin than my e6. I still want to try the b330rx to compare but these surprised me.

I am still looking for a ball, coming from the e6, tried the b330 rx and the wilson fg tour.

not sure about the b330, I bought the yellow ones and I am not sure I like that. the feel is okay, but I cannot get over the color. O'Carroll was kind enough to give me a 2 ball sample of the white ones, but I sliced them i the woods so fast I cant say I really tried them
I really like the feeling of the wilsons, really, but they seemed to wear a bit fast on me, will have to do some more testing.

I played the new Bridgestone B330 RX on the front 9. Hooked it onto the range on #9. The ball had been performing good, I was not. Switched to the Hex Black on the back and loved the results. Will be trying out that ball again soon.

Played a Lethal all day yesterday, its a good ball. Just not RX good for me.

Rocketballz urethane, TaylorMade project (a), and Bridgestone e5. All great balls

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Played the Super Softs yesterday. I normally game the Wilson Fifty's but I really do like the Super Soft. It's was windy out and it cut through the wind nicely. The distance gains are real... At least 5yrds longer. I might have found my new ball!

Played in a Greensones match so had to get a ball that my son and I could play, so we went for his e5 that he's been fitted for. What a fun golf ball, drove it beautifully and even got back spin on a downhill slope on the green (short of the flag of course) but still holed the putt. Really impressed!

Put the Srixion SL back in play and it reminded me why I should never take it out, long and straight off the tee and plenty of spin on iron and greenside shots. I'm pondering getting another three dozen from rockbottomgolf on sale this weekend.

I played two rounds today in competition. In all fairness: 25 holes total.
First round I used a Wilson FG Tour and must say they're really very nice. It's their premium ball, they're expensive here (almost PROV1 prices) so I did expect a good ball. But still: nice, soft feel, good spin around the greens, good distance.

Second I played with a PRO V1x, I found it Friday and played with it today. I like them a lot, just find them to be too expensive. Everybody knows them, they feel great, they spin where you want them to and spin less on the longer shots. They set the standard really.

Played the Srixon Z Star yesterday. Not sure why I stopped playing these. Great flight, distance is fine, great around the greens. Just really enjoy the feel and flight of the ball. Found it to be very predictable. May have to stock up next time they're on sale.

sent from The Note 3

B330 and it performed everywhere. Love this ball. Out of curious I do want to try the 330s side by side with it one day. The online fitting system was split on the ball recommendation for me

b330 and it performed everywhere. Love this ball. Out of curious i do want to try the 330s side by side with it one day. The online fitting system was split on the ball recommendation for me

best. Ball. On. The. Market.

B330 and it performed everywhere. Love this ball. Out of curious I do want to try the 330s side by side with it one day. The online fitting system was split on the ball recommendation for me
I agree. It's a great ball. Took many wedge shots last time out and it held up well. Even chipped in for a birdie last time out.

I should preface my comments with the fact that I think all the Urethane covered golf balls are very, very good. I could play pretty much any Urethane 3, 4, 5, or 6 piece ball and be happy with its performance. Played the Wilson Staff FG Tour X and just like all the premium balls, the cover gets shredded enough by my wedges that I wouldn't want to use one for more than 1 round. They were long and spun well, but they will make zero difference in my score over the Maxfli U3's that I've been playing and paid only $15 a dozen for.

Last edited:
I played the SR3 today. I had taken a break from the SR3 to get through a little bit of my golf ball inventory lately. I forgot how much I like playing this ball.

For me, it is noticeably longer off the tee than other balls I usually play. I also have an incredibly amount of control with it around the green, and it feels great on every club. It's a really responsive ball.

Bought a sleeve of Q Stars and I am sad to say I just didn't like them. Felt awkward off the tee and putter. Checked up nicely but I couldn't get over how they felt on full swings.

Headed for the 330-RX next!

I played the SR3 today. I had taken a break from the SR3 to get through a little bit of my golf ball inventory lately. I forgot how much I like playing this ball.

For me, it is noticeably longer off the tee than other balls I usually play. I also have an incredibly amount of control with it around the green, and it feels great on every club. It's a really responsive ball.

Have you played the SR2? Can you compare? I found an SR3 today but my swing was pretty bad so I didn't put it in play and the SR2 has not impressed me.

Have you played the SR2? Can you compare? I found an SR3 today but my swing was pretty bad so I didn't put it in play and the SR2 has not impressed me.

SR2 didn't work for me. It's okay, but it doesn't do what I think it's going to do. Approach shots release a little too much. Shots around the green are not as responsive. Flight is also a little different. Just a little off.

They really are completely different golf balls. It's not just different packaging. Pretty amazing.

SR2 didn't work for me. It's okay, but it doesn't do what I think it's going to do. Approach shots release a little too much. Shots around the green are not as responsive. Flight is also a little different. Just a little off.

They really are completely different golf balls. It's not just different packaging. Pretty amazing.

I agree 100% with all this. SR2 is good but just isn't quite there for me.

SR3 is all I want to play...too bad I only have 8 left.

Played the Sirxon Soft Feel pure whites again today. Geez they are a good ball and here in oz 3 dozen for $49... unreal played in cold conditions Saturday with a bit of wet around and they were just excellent.

Back