6ixOhFore

Husky Eyes
Reaction score
Handicap
Todays range seassion was very solid, around 4 shots where my common miss came up. I tend to get too fast with my hands and a hook occurs, not a unplayable one in most cases but pesky to say the least. Here are links to my swing this afternoon. From what I can see my feet are aimed too much to the right, my clubs toe is quite up and I am dipping a little. http://youtu.be/ZypzfkWSgX8. any other suggestions will be greatly apprieacted.

Everything about your swing is setting you up to hit a draw and when the timing isn't quite right I can see how easy it'd be to hit some seriously wicked hooks.
Just a couple things I notice. Your arms are incredibly tense. You have a really strong grip. You come at the ball massively form the inside. All in all it's not a bad swing and obviously works for you but I'd definitely try loosening up those arms and weakening the grip.

Everything about your swing is setting you up to hit a draw and when the timing isn't quite right I can see how easy it'd be to hit some seriously wicked hooks.
Just a couple things I notice. Your arms are incredibly tense. You have a really strong grip. You come at the ball massively form the inside. All in all it's not a bad swing and obviously works for you but I'd definitely try loosening up those arms and weakening the grip.

Thanks SaffaClint. I will work on that next range session. I never noticed my grip that strong. Not sure if thats a common occurrence for me or not. If my timing is off I can be in trouble. But have been visitng the range frequently lately which is helping. But I do need to fix my inconsistencies for sure. Thanks for the help

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Relax, relax, relax!

Relax the right arm at address, stick your rear out and your chest out. Turn to the top with your shoulders not just your arms. A full shoulder turn eliminate the severe inside move you have.

Your grip is fine, it can be played and played well. You posture and the amount of tension you have in your shoulders is really hampering your swing.

Thanks Tadashi, will work on that today. My grip is strong I know but I work around it. Is there any drills you can suggest? I really appreciate your advice, thank you

With the face on view there is very little hip movement. The ball is gone and your hips are still pointing at the impact spot. From what I have seen Freddie diagnose in the past I think you want a tab more action from the lower body. This is definetly a struggle of mine. Just my .02 though.

Thank you Awkward, will defently work on this next range session. It helps others notice the same problem.

Back