Increasing Distance - "Fix your Body, Fix your Swing"

I've been trying to buy the GolfGym PowerBandz from his website ever since I read the book. They have been out of stock this entire time. I really want to make sure I have the right equipment for this program before starting it. I am very disappointed.

http://golfgym.3dcartstores.com/GolfGym-PowerBandz_p_13.html

Like Tahoebum stated before your comment, I use the machines at the gym with pulleys. They may not be as smooth as the power bandz you linked to, but seem to work fine for me. That way you can adjust the weight for the number of reps you want to do. I acutally detach the metal handle on the pulley cable and use a dog leash so its easier on my hands and provides better flexibility/range of motion.

Ok sounds like some pretty good testimonials two months into this for a few of you. I think I'll download this to the Ipad tonight and give it ago. Ive gotten away from going down to the gym the past month or so, but I have been doing some stretching at home. This will give me a plan for that it sounds like.

Would be grateful if someone could advise on the following..
1. What equipment do you need to buy apart from the weight bands mentioned in posts here?
2. Can you do the exercises etc at home or do you need a lot of room etc, like in a gym
3. I'm 55, slight, only about 5 7, and have no natural power. Am I too old and small or is it likely to help me too

many thanks...

Would be grateful if someone could advise on the following..
1. What equipment do you need to buy apart from the weight bands mentioned in posts here?
2. Can you do the exercises etc at home or do you need a lot of room etc, like in a gym
3. I'm 55, slight, only about 5 7, and have no natural power. Am I too old and small or is it likely to help me too

many thanks...

Bands, an 8 lb Medicine ball, a stability ball (65 cm, my wife got ours at five below) and 5 lb dumbbells.

Home is fine.

If you have any flexibility issues, I'd imagine this would help. I'm only 29 and have a ton of flexibility issues so I'm hoping a few months of these exercises clears that up.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Bands, an 8 lb Medicine ball, a stability ball (65 cm, my wife got ours at five below) and 5 lb dumbbells.

Home is fine.

If you have any flexibility issues, I'd imagine this would help. I'm only 29 and have a ton of flexibility issues so I'm hoping a few months of these exercises clears that up.

Much appreciated...

How's everyone doing with this still seeing improvement?

I had to take a few weeks off and when I started back I could definitely tell I lost some flexibity/range of motion. I also lost a little distance with my irons.

Thanks interesting CRW did you take time off from the workouts or from golf as well?

Both. Not by choice though.

How much time and how many yards? Do you think the distance was through loss of SS or loss of sweet spot contact?

It's usually not by choice when we have to miss both

Three weeks and was definitely rusty. But even on flush shots I was on average 15 yards shorter per club. I'm coming off an injury though so I didn't want to overdo anything and that is also contributing.

I'm not a long hitter anyway. The longest I've hit my PW on trackman was 138 and I average between 125-130. I was lucky to hit 110-115 the other day.

I was on average 110 with my PW when I originally switched to the 712 AP2/S300 combo and feel confident in saying that this routine helped get my distances up. How much I can't say because I hit the range a lot and take lessons almost weekly.

While I was off I noticed that my lower back was hurtng a lot. I'm starting to get relief now that I'm doing these exercises again. The medicine ball between the legs during lower body twists/stretches causes me to snap, crackle, and pop, but I feel much better afterward.

That's very interesting man and hopefully it won't take you long to get that distance back.

It does go to show that to keep the distance you have to maintain a work out routine.

I have been going to the gym doing wieght training 4 days a week for about 4 months now. I have seen a huge improvement in my game. I havent noticed a crazy incrwase in distance but my stamina throughout the round is 1 million times better and my hand are strong throughout the round.

How's everyone doing with this still seeing improvement?

i have stayed with these I exercises and have maintained the distance increases. I also no longer fight a sore back after a long range session.

Just looked this book up on amazon and the hard copy ships within 1 to 2 months... You've guys have done some work. But it looks like im going kindle version, can't beat that price!

That's very interesting man and hopefully it won't take you long to get that distance back.

It does go to show that to keep the distance you have to maintain a work out routine.

I had a lesson after taking several weeks off and found that my distance loss was because I apparently couldn't remember how to swing my clubs. I wasn't shifting much weight forward in the downswing and was unhinging too soon. Got that squared away and was back to hitting my 8 iron around 150-160 yards.

So I think I lost more form and coordination from not working on this routine. Before I took the time off I was getting decent at the balance exercises and I tried them now and it's like I never worked on them.

Thanks for the update and it seems like anything else don't use it ya loose it.

Just looked this book up on amazon and the hard copy ships within 1 to 2 months... You've guys have done some work. But it looks like im going kindle version, can't beat that price!

yep noticed the same thing too

I just bought this the other day, and tried workout 1 tonight. I basically failed all of the assessments except balance, so it's a wake up call for why I have so much trouble keeping proper form and performing proper controlled turns in my swing. My hips are TIGHT. The workout was simple to perform but man was some of it challenging. I'm a former college football player so I'm a big guy, but man do my joints need some WD40! Lol

I think this is going to do me wonders, even if just making it less painful to roll out of bed in the morning.

Sent from my DROID MAXX using Tapatalk

Home is fine.

Same age here and that's my biggest problem for sure. The background of the workouts were very interesting and make perfect sense. This is only my 3rd year playing golf and I've only taken two spread out lessons. Finally broke 100 just a couple of weeks ago but I feel like I have a different swing every round. I realized from reading the book that while I know I need to get proper body turn with a stable lower body, I just can't physically perform the motion at the moment. When I try to do it I lose my posture and have to add extra compensating movements to get back to square.

I think this will work wonders for me. I plan on doing the first full month of workouts then scheduling another lesson.

I was expecting to be sore AND tight today from workout 1, but surprisingly it's just a little soreness but I feel loose if that makes any sense. I guess it's a good combination of controlled muscle stimulating movements as well as counter stretches in some of the other movements. The medicine ball between the knees rotating from side to side really opens up tight hips.

Surprisingly, motion to my follow through side was more difficult than to my backswing side. Could be why I tend to lay back on things in my misses even when I'm focusing on a full follow through.

ordered in on Kindle, got through the first few pages last night, will dive into it this weekend.

Back