Chipping with your driver

I've used hybrids, but never a driver or even a fairway wood that I can remember.

Freddie, is there a recommended club for this type of shot? 3 wood, 5 wood, 3 hybrid or 4 hybrid?

You know I think I would use a 3 wood but for what he was doing he wanted no loft on the ball and the driver was the best choice. Not sure why a putter could not have been used

I've never even considered that lol

You know I think I would use a 3 wood but for what he was doing he wanted no loft on the ball and the driver was the best choice. Not sure why a putter could not have been used

I usually try and use putter. Is there any benefit in the spring type effect off a wood face in that type of a shot?

I have never used driver, however I have used a 3w for chipping around the green.

I would not have ever thought to use driver. I would have just used my putter. I have used putter from that sort of distance before, as well as hybrid. Using driver there is nutty.

TroyFL used a hybrid on several holes at the Love is in the Air event. He was deadly with it. Put the ball right next to the hole several times. My sons done it as well. I've never tried it. 3 wood is generally another popular option. I think that given the shaft length, it's a shot you don't just want to pull out of your bag unless you have been practicing it!!

Back