What are you favorite training aids? What has worked and what has not?

Freddie Kong video posts - FTW!

And my Birdieball putting green. Love this!

I think you would like the PSP a lot along with the TSX. Devil little iron there

I have that PSP little mini one--hit it fine, just don't like hitting that close to the hosel--prefer the location of sweetspot on the Tourstriker

I should add the Net Return Indoor hitting net here--I never take my gadgets out to the Range anymore. This way I can be like Tin cup of gadgets but all swinging to an indoor net so as to prevent the awkward looks at the driving range.

PS: Does anyone have the Flammer? (joking!)

I think the SKLZ golf Flex (similar to Orange Whip) is great for tempo. It's a good way to warmup before you hit balls or play and to work with at the range if you feel your swing getting fast.

I've also used the Tour Striker Pro 7 successfully

The Powerchute helped me gain distance on the tee. The tour striker is great for improving iron shots. Alignment sticks are great and very versatile as are tees.

I am considering purchasing the orange whip because of this thread!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kallassey swing magic...really helped me with my backswing..staying on plane in the downswing and the release. Great training tool IMO.

I self-made a laser pointer holder that attachs to the butt end of a club. Great feedback from swing plane and path.

Skypro and plastic whiffle golf balls. The Skypro has it all.. A little something for everyone . Whiffle balls made it nice to perfect slam down without chasing golf balls in the snow

Tour striker. Only training aid I ever bought that I still use.

I've never been a training aid guy. The only one I've used with any regularity is a CD on the carpet with a ball resting in the center hole so I can check my eye position/posture while putting.

I am however, one of those rare golfers that ALWAYS has one or two clubs on the ground as alignment aids when I'm on the range. It's always amazed me how many don't get the basics right: posture, grip, alignment, and tempo. I continually work on these basics and very rarely feel like I have all of them mastered.

The tour striker can be " cheated " to many times to be considered effective .. IMO.. I have witnessed people hit a foot behind the ball than " skip" into it and hit it straight . They will than be mislead to think they are doing everything correctly . Be Leary of the striker. .. Even off of hard pan or tight lies. I had the pro x 7 iron and wedge ... After I witnessed this on the range with random people. .. My strikers went back on the golf shelf .. Behind my million other " game improvement aids " .

Than I was told to put a carpet a few feet before the ball ..,forcing you to forward shaft lean it . That is fine .. Bit than you just add another fault .. Over steep aoa.

so .. On the shelf it sits

I can't get comfortable with this Impact Ball at all. Maybe its my man boobs and T-Rex arms, but its just not working for me.

I can't get comfortable with this Impact Ball at all. Maybe its my man boobs and T-Rex arms, but its just not working for me.

Haha that image just made my day. I've never liked things like that because they don't fit a lot of people.

What about the Impact Ball is making it uncomfortable? We are always looking for ways to improve the product.

Just an FYI and a bit of bragging: The Impact Ball has finished tied for 12th on the 2014 Golf Range Association of America's Top 25 Teaching & Training Aids list as selected by instructors from around the country.

Another vote for the Orange Whip!

Orange whip and Joey D Golf Body 1. I've only done the Discovery Phase exercises for a month so far but it has improved my posture, balance and golf muscles so far.

Alignment sticks, headcover, and two golf balls.

When I practice I'm only concerned with (for the majority of the time) the delivery of the club.

Alignment sticks are for setup purposes. The headcover can be used as a swing path aid for avoiding tendencies (don't hit the headcover). The golf balls are for creating a swing path visual around the golf ball you are trying to hit.

Other than that I don't use much except the occasional lesson from my teacher.

I've been using this on and off for several weeks to try and combat chicken wing and have found it very useful. I can't wear it all the time as it's quite a tight fit and the velcro is annoying but have found that a few hits at the start of a practice round really helps reinforce the impact position and I can take it from there.
For the pennies it cost, one of the best things I've ever bought.

2014-04-07%20brace.jpg

Swingyde. I think its really the only thing I own but it works so well for hinge and plane and release it cant be beat. It is simple works with any club and is light and easy to carry.

I'm gonna open this up again. I'm looking to build Swing speed, and was looking at the Orange Whip, but wasn't sure if it's worth the $100.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I'm gonna open this up again. I'm looking to build Swing speed, and was looking at the Orange Whip, but wasn't sure if it's worth the $100.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Check out the thread on it as well, but for me this is the key to build speed the correct way. To create the proper whip feeling you build from the ground up--this allows you to feel the right swing. I sound like a commercial owner for this product, but I promise I am not! I love the true product itself, the whip is a better overall quality in my personal opinion and I have both it and Skilz.

Back