I had my clubs stolen out of my car a year and half ago and it was truly a sick feeling. Had my passenger window down a couple inches overnight and it must've seemed like an invitation to someone. They also took my GPS, Ipod, favorite jacket - bastards. Don't leave them in the car overnight anymore.

I also had a friend have his clubs stolen while we were having a beer at the clubhouse about 6 years ago, since them I don't let mine leave my sight - they go right in the trunk before I do anything else.

Also, especially beware of any place with a bag drop. There was a woman who left her clubs at the bag drop and apparently someone was waiting for such a thing and they drove up, jumped out, grabbed the clubs and took off all in less than 15 seconds. Damn

That sucks man, I hear about this all the time too from my brother who works at a course. He has had a couple of clubs stolen over the last few years, but he hears of guys having their whole bags stolen. Golf is supposed to be a gentleman's sport, these dirtbags stealing stuff need to find a new hobby

I've had clubs stolen when I've left them at holes. I haven't figured out a good system for remembering my wedges around the greens.

I am a big fan of leaving my wedge on the flagstick.

I also try to leave my wedges between the hole and the cart otherwise. This way, I can't walk to the cart without going past my wedge. I have yet to leave a club on a hole!

I read some stuff about this before on here, and it freaked me out. Like some others, until very recently, I never had clubs that would be worth stealing. Now that I do (especally my awesome bag!!) I never take them out until I use them...I'll even carry a bucket(s) of balls back to my trunk, then get the clubs, then hike to the range.

I haven't heard of that happening before. However, I am always a little paranoid leaving my clubs outside of the clubhouse. It just seems too easy since there are always people walking everywhere, the parking lot is usually close by and most people would assume that if someone is taking them it is either the owner or a playing partner. Too bad....the suggestion of keeping an eye on Craig's list is good, or every watching ebay for a little while.

I had my clubs stolen out of my car while I was at work. I wasn't too upset - insurance covered replacement cost so I basically got a free upgrade :)

I've had clubs stolen when I've left them at holes. I haven't figured out a good system for remembering my wedges around the greens.

I'm always super aware of my bag though. I never leave it out at any golf course. I will walk in and pay the green fees, drive a cart to my car and load it up. With the amount of money I have into the clubs, I am not taking any chances.

I almost had this happen again on Sunday. Left my SW at a green. Luckily a very nice foursome behind me returned it. I need to listen to the great advice of the THPers and leave my clubs with the flagstick.

I always carry a throw away wallet, one with an expired CC or two, an out of date ID, and about $20 when I work in a bad part of town. I hope I don't have to do the same with my clubs when I play at courses that post the old "Not responsible for items lost or stolen" disclaimer.

I just emailed my insurance to ask about this: how are they usually covered? Homeowners?

I just emailed my insurance to ask about this: how are they usually covered? Homeowners?
Yes. My clubs were stolen out of my car while parked in our town home lot about a year and a half ago and it was covered under my homeowners insurance (I have Shelter), but it wouldn't hurt to check.

Myself and my regular group are mostly retired police, so we're paranoid. Someone always stays behind to watch the bags, post round dining they go in the trunk.

Makes me sick to my stomach when I hear of people's clubs being stolen. There's only so much a person can do to avoid it. Playing as a single, it's particularly hard to keep an eye on them.

Yes. My clubs were stolen out of my car while parked in our town home lot about a year and a half ago and it was covered under my homeowners insurance (I have Shelter), but it wouldn't hurt to check.

What is your homeowners deductible? And I am assuming that was subtracted from the clubs value?

After reading threads like this, I do not leave my stuff unattended at the course for a second. At the turn on our last round the wife and I needed to use the restroom. She went first. I waited. Sucks, but not as much as losing our clubs would.

After reading this thread, it occurs to me how many times I have left my bag on the back of the cart (with wallet in it) and my phone and Skycaddie sitting on the seat. I think I need to be a little more careful. Especially on golf trips when there are 30+ bags all lined up at once. A thieves wet dream.

I have been at nice resort courses in the last 5 years twice when golf bags went missing. I always throw my wallet, rangefinder, and sunglasses in the cart now - too bad we have to be so careful. Of course my bag is always one of the least desirable targets for a thief with Wilson forged irons and Tour Edge head covers hiding my new Callaway x2 Hot driver and 2Deep! I once left an 8 iron on the 4th tee at my private home club and it never got turned in. Like the head pro said, "Who the hell wants a Wilson iron"!:act-up:

I left my wallet in my back pocket once when I was playing. Noticed it a few holes into the round but was playing well so I left it in. Ever since then I've kept it in my back pocket. I hook my keys onto my bag, so it would horrible if my bag was ever jacked. However if you look at WITB, the chances of my bag being targetted for theft is slim to none ... unless some jealous Texans come across it. :wink:

I always keep the rain hood on my bag and zipped up when not on the course, it is a not a name brand bag so maybe it will not be a appealing target at 1st glance. why advertise?

Never had my clubs stolen. But the other day had my bushnell Tour v2 rangefinder stolen from my bag. It was clipped on and I went into the pro shop and when I came back out the whole thing was gone. I thought I must have left it at home or something but I don't ever take the case off my bag and someone had to take it off and take it as it can't fall off.. Really sucks and I'm in the process of getting a new one off eBay :/

What is your homeowners deductible? And I am assuming that was subtracted from the clubs value?
Don't remember to tell you the truth but after that I still had enough to replace all my clubs - bought new irons from PGA Superstore, everything else replaced through eBay or slightly used online. Also had an ipod, gps and some other things taken. After everything was said and done I had enough tot replace everything but the ipod.

Back