WinnPro X Putter Grips

Any long term thoughts people? Especially if you've used a Winn Jumbo in the past.

Any long term thoughts people? Especially if you've used a Winn Jumbo in the past.

I've had the 1.18" size on for a few months and am still enjoying it. From a durability standpoint it doesn't show any real signs of wear, and the grip is still nice and tacky. I think if I had it to do over again I'd get a superstroke, but the difference really is quite marginal and I won't swap this one out until it gets worn out, which may be some time.

You say it retains some taper (at least I think that was you). That's not exactly a bad thing in my book, but is that why you'd lean towards SS if you had to do it again?

You say it retains some taper (at least I think that was you). That's not exactly a bad thing in my book, but is that why you'd lean towards SS if you had to do it again?

Yeah, the lite taper isn't quite as preferred to the ss 0 taper. Like I said, its very close but when ss is an option it would get my nod. Also, IMO this is squishier than the ss, so if you like that, this might be a good option for you. I still love the color on this better than the ss though.

Yea, I'm fine with some taper for sure. In looking at the Cleveland custom options, the Winn jumbo isn't on there, but these are. I need to go to the local shop and try them out I think.

I've used the Jumbo Lite for a few rounds before swapping to the 1.32 Winn X. Since I only used the Jumbo Lite for so little time, it's hard to give a good comparison.

How about size? Were they similar or was one bigger than the other?

Yea, I'm fine with some taper for sure. In looking at the Cleveland custom options, the Winn jumbo isn't on there, but these are. I need to go to the local shop and try them out I think.

What grip do you typically like to play?

What grip do you typically like to play?

In the past I've gravitated towards Winn Jumbo Lite or a Winn Midsize. I kept the stock grip on the WHP #1 bc I am superstitious, but it's not what I normally go for.

Just in looking at the Cleveland options, Winn X is an option and I may go grab one to try.

This is going to be round instead of pistol like the jumbo. I'll be curious to see what you think if you do opt to try it out.

This is going to be round instead of pistol like the jumbo. I'll be curious to see what you think if you do opt to try it out.

I'll have to stop by the shop Thursday. What the hell right?

Got the Jumbo. Installed on the Tycoon. Feels good to me. Size is similar to the Jumbo Lite I have. Easy installation thankfully.

Well, this won't be for everybody and probably lacks the hype/sexiness of the SuperStrokes, but so far I'm a fan.

Really wouldn't have gone this route under normal circumstances, but looking at the Cleveland catalog showed that this was one of a few custom options they had to offer, and I am strongly considering ordering (as close to) the exact putter I have, which is the Dinero Tycoon w/ Winn Jumbo Lite. Lot of demoing and thought went into that call, but it seems to make sense to use what I know works/has worked in the past. Cleveland equivalent would be the HB7, but then the grip thing came up and there isn't a Winn JL option. This was the closest thing I could come up with, so I forked over the $25. I've spent a couple trips to the practice green and a round with it so far.

First of all, the Pro Jumbo is huge. Very large. Similar to the Jumbo Lite in that regard, but it's not tapered obviously. The lack of taper was a little difficult to get used to at first. No doubt about that. Material itself is classic tacky/soft Winn with the firm base underneath.

Nothing tangible to go on other than my eyes and some results on the greens, but after the non-taper shock went away I was very happy with what I saw. I'm never sure if I believe in the 'quieting the wrists' thing, but big grips and I usually do well together and it was certainly the case with the Winn Pro.

Glad to hear it's working for you, Hawk. I have a feeling I'm going to have an opposite experience going from this grip to Bridgestone's yellow grip that seems to be more pistol style.

Have been using a 1.18 for the whole season thus far on my Rife. Really like this grip a lot better than my old SS 1.0, it fits perfect in my hands and I really like the slight taper at the bottom. I never feel uncomfortable putting like I did with my SS.
I am also getting a Odyssey Metal X #7 at the end of this week and will either be putting another 1.18 on that or possibly a SS Flatso.

So I was going to throw a Super Stroke 2.0 on my Protype ix, but then i tried the 1.8 out in the store and loved the feel of it. Picked it up and just installed it. Looking forward to getting it out on the course.

So I was going to throw a Super Stroke 2.0 on my Protype ix, but then i tried the 1.8 out in the store and loved the feel of it. Picked it up and just installed it. Looking forward to getting it out on the course.

I like it so far, I have it on a few putters and have been impressed with it. The slight taper is nice and feels a bit more natural to me.

Putting stroke has been hit or miss so far this year, but I'm settling in a little finally. The grip is nice. Will reiterate that it is huge, but nothing unlike the Jumbo I used for much of 2012 and part of 2013. Not a huge fan of the spine running down the back, but that's small potatoes.

I got to try out Rhyno's SS2.0 this weekend compared to my winnx 1.18". I don't know if its familiarity with the winn or what! But almost preferred the winn just a little bit. The slight difference in tackiness favored the winn, and it just felt right.

Easy to get hooked on the Winns in my experience. Sort of a hot/cold thing with people, but if you like the feel there isn't really anything that compares.

I just put a Winn Pro X 1.60 on my Seemore Si3 yesterday and took it to the range/putting green today and couldn't believe how much it helped me!!! It really seemed to quiet my hands and almost makes you take a nice light grip which helps with the pendulum action.

Nice. What color?

Just ended up getting the Black/Silver one since I couldn't decide between the blue or red one. It gives it a nice clean look plus it hides any dirt that it may pick up.

After two rounds I am absolutely loving this grip - and I think I like it more than my Super Strokes

I did the same. Let my son pick though. Ha. It is nice not to have a grungy white grip though.

Back