What is the Ultimate Compliment You Can Receive from a Playing Partner/Opponent

"Want to play again someday?"

Nate complimented me on my putting stroke during last year's MC, it really made me feel good and that the work I was putting in was paying off!

Best compliment I can receive is that I have a nice, smooth swing. Tends to happen when I'm playing with someone better and older than me, which results in me emulating their tempo. As someone who took up the game less than 2 years ago, its always nice to have older gentleman compliment me on my swing.

Second best compliment is that my partner would like to play again someday because "You don't take the game too seriously but still respect it". Always nice to be viewed in that light.

Reading the thread I realize my golfbuddies and I compliment each other a lot. We're thankful to play together, we sing and laugh and even skip on the course when we feel like it. We do the "damn, great ball" and the "ouch" and help search.

The great compliments come when you least expect it, from someone you don't or hardly know. Just because they don't or hardly know you.

One I won't forget soon was when my opponent of last Sunday told me he thought I should be a 3-4 handicap and not the 11 I am now. (I did beat his 9.9 'cap 8&6 though)
I think one of the best received I gave myself was when I told a friend I really like playing with him as he's always fun to be around and he can really pick me up. I know because of the watery eyes he had just after I said if :)

Back