The Shandy Thread

My wife and her friends love the Shandy. Me not so much, I prefer their Vanilla Porter or their Imperial Stout. I did drink an oil tanker load of Leinenkugel's going to college 15 minutes south of the brewery in Chippewa Falls.

I'm enjoying the first of the season....

Had my first Summer Shandy tonight. Pretty good by my unsophisticated taste buds.

Don't be afraid of the Shandy. Just let it's lemony awesomeness wash over you.

I think both the wife and I have embraced the Shandy. I wasn't entirely sure if it was a running joke because it was good or bad, but I like it a lot. We don't go through beer quickly, but I believe it will be a new summer staple.

I think both the wife and I have embraced the Shandy. I wasn't entirely sure if it was a running joke because it was good or bad, but I like it a lot. We don't go through beer quickly, but I believe it will be a new summer staple.

Donne just hopped up few spots in the friend book. Welcome to the shandy bandwagon!

I have a feeling you guys would really like berry weis too dude. Give that a try when you run out.

E-Train gets it.

You cannot stop the Shandy. You can only hope to contain it (in my belly). Whoooooo!!!

This thread just won't die

For anyone who has ever spent time in RI, you know why this is causing pandemonium:
guqy5uje.jpg

Typos courtesy of Tapatalk, enjoy!

For anyone who has ever spent time in RI, you know why this is causing pandemonium:
guqy5uje.jpg

I grew up in RI & have no idea about this or what a Shandy is :laughing:

I grew up in RI & have no idea about this or what a Shandy is :laughing:

It's Narragansett beer and they've partnered with Dels Lemonade to make a shandy. (Beer with lemonade in it)

It's Narragansett beer and they've partnered with Dels Lemonade to make a shandy. (Beer with lemonade in it)

oh..I can't believe Narragansett Beer is still around, it was awful

oh..I can't believe Narragansett Beer is still around, it was awful

It's brewed somewhere in NY now based upon the original recipe. They're trying to raise money to build a brewery in RI again. It's not like the Narragansett of the 70's I've heard, more like a craft brew. It's actually not bad.

I will definitely have to try it, anything with Del's can't be bad!

I do like shandy too.

I'm looking forward to sharing a few shandy's with my friend ATL during our Wednesday practice round at True Blue. Six4three and TNT, you guys are more then welcome to partake in it with us. Just warning you! Haha.

Summer Shandy is amazing. The new orange dhandy, I did not like as muchm

I'm looking forward to sharing a few shandy's with my friend ATL during our Wednesday practice round at True Blue. Six4three and TNT, you guys are more then welcome to partake in it with us. Just warning you! Haha.

It will be glorious.

Can't wait. Possibly the highlight of the 2014 MC for me.

I had some of the Shock Top Shandy last weekend

shock_top_shandy_advertisement_by_redsquirrel2k3-d4vua6k.jpg

It's brewed somewhere in NY now based upon the original recipe. They're trying to raise money to build a brewery in RI again. It's not like the Narragansett of the 70's I've heard, more like a craft brew. It's actually not bad.

I can't wait to wash down some clamcakes or wieners (6 with the works please) with this nectar. Sorry to all our non-Rhodey friends.

It will be glorious.

Can't wait. Possibly the highlight of the 2014 MC for me.

Maybe we'll sneak a few Redd's in there too. #dontjudgeus #werecomfortableinourbeerchoices

TBT, the Shock Top Shandy isn't half bad. It has a bit more of a lemon blast thanLeinenkugel's, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I can't wait to wash down some clamcakes or wieners (6 with the works please) with this nectar. Sorry to all our non-Rhodey friends.

Now I'm craving Rods grill... thanks! Lol

Maybe we'll sneak a few Redd's in there too. #dontjudgeus #werecomfortableinourbeerchoices

TBT, the Shock Top Shandy isn't half bad. It has a bit more of a lemon blast thanLeinenkugel's, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

It will be afternoon heat/humidity during a July day in MB. We can let the "real men" enjoy chewing on IPAs and stouts during that round.

#SorryNotSorry

I have never tried the Leinenkugel's, will have to get some for this weekend and give it a try

It will be afternoon heat/humidity during a July day in MB. We can let the "real men" enjoy chewing on IPAs and stouts during that round.

#SorryNotSorry

Nobody wants to get the beer sweats buy drinking a heavy ipa on a 90° afternoon. #itsscience

Back