Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually you don't have to be a member to view it. Nice recovery after that double bogey on #7. :)

Congrats on the first place finish Casey!

Oh, didn't know that. Thx here's the pic
e8uje3e5.jpg

Managed to pull out a T1 in the 16-18 division with a 77 in a 20mph wind. Had some really poor mental errors, but hit the ball well. So... yeah

Really impressive, nice job!

Played 27 holes Saturday, 18 at Mill Creek and 9 at Southern Meadows.
Shot a woeful 113 at Mill Creek. The wind was brutal along with my chipping/putting. However here's a golf selfie for ya with my buddy Paul (I'm on the right):

zCB1aXbl.jpg

Sorry I have been a little AFK the past few days, I have had some major struggles in my golf game and it was eating at me big time. Saturday was just a complete mental breakdown in my league play, nothing felt right and my swing was absolutely a mess. I shot a 132!!!!! I was shanking tons of shots with an open club face and heel contact. I couldn't get rid of it and it was just mentally KILLING me. I was at the verge of taking a week off and not touching a club, but luckily one of my league/golf partners, Sammy (who is a great golfer), called me Saturday afternoon and gave me a little pep talk and I ended up playing with him and a couple other guys Sunday morning. Thank God I did because after some struggles for about 10 holes (slowly improving and having Sam watch me closely) it finally "clicked" and I realized what I was doing. Ended up with a few bogeys and a couple pars to end the round with a 108. It is so crazy how one day I can just feel LOST and the next day with a MINOR adjustment in my swing I am feeling like next round I will be back to my normal game and hitting in the 90's.

Glad to hear it, Golds.

hey guys...been a while...yard work and having tooth pulled left me in no mood to do much of anything lately...playing with jimmy in league tomorrow night. I did hit the range on sunday for a large bucket, hit it fairly well.

aaron, here is hoping everything is going smoothly for you in indy !

hey guys...been a while...yard work and having tooth pulled left me in no mood to do much of anything lately...playing with jimmy in league tomorrow night. I did hit the range on sunday for a large bucket, hit it fairly well.

aaron, here is hoping everything is going smoothly for you in indy !

Mike - everything in Indy is going well, thanks for asking.

Glad to hear you are getting back out there, just don't tighten those forearms tomorrow night. :)

aaron, hope to keep my smooooooooooooth swing working in league play tonight, would hate to let jimmys team down by not getting my fair share of points. :banana:

played the worst round of 9 holes in a long time. shot 45 subbing in league. ( last week shot 38 ) hit the ball great on the warm up range. then when it came time play you would think i did not know which end of the club to hang onto. no rhythm or timing and 3 each 3 putts. 4 doubles, 2 bogeys, 2 pars and one birdie. only good thing i did was hit a 175 yard 5 iron to 4'8" to win closest to the pin. my ball make was 14" behind the pin, i put right over the flag. ( i did make the putt!!!)

must have tightened up the ole forearms......lol

That is just rust....and tight forearms. ;-)
Aaron,you can say those things cuz you're out of driving distance. If I had said that,well, I would probably be upside down in a trash can somewhere with Pete throwing his apple cores on me!

Hoping this weather shapes up for the weekend, wanna get out and use my new SM4 wedges on the course. Last night was at Eagle Vale practicing, feeling real good about my chipping for once!

Hoping this weather shapes up for the weekend, wanna get out and use my new SM4 wedges on the course. Last night was at Eagle Vale practicing, feeling real good about my chipping for once!

Rochester weather looks good for the weekend, it cleared up from what it was saying a few days ago. I think I am playing Durand Sunday.

Rochester weather looks good for the weekend, it cleared up from what it was saying a few days ago. I think I am playing Durand Sunday.
Holland Hills and Buffalo Tournament Club for me. It looks like the weather will be good.

Holland Hills and Buffalo Tournament Club for me. It looks like the weather will be good.

Next week is looking pretty good weather wise although cooling off a bit. You good for Thursday, Allan?

Next week is looking pretty good weather wise although cooling off a bit. You good for Thursday, Allan?
YES! Book something(remember travel time for me,I have to be home by 2pm)

YES! Book something(remember travel time for me,I have to be home by 2pm)

Me book?...OK, how's Grover Cleveland sound :)

Anyone in this group trying to get in to the Bridgestone Championship?

I was thinkin' more on the line of Harvest Hill.:bicker:

I think you're a course snob, Allen :) and I was joking about Grover Cleveland anyways.
Harvest Hill will work, about a 25 minute drive for me. Could do Glen Oak too.

I think you're a course snob, Allen :) and I was joking about Grover Cleveland anyways.
Harvest Hill will work, about a 25 minute drive for me. Could do Glen Oak too.
I know you were kidding! You pick it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back