PXI and KBS Tour Users...

theslflash689

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.3
I currently have the PXI 6.0 in my irons after playing with the KBS tour S for about a year. I feel like the PXI play a little more stout, but could that be an effect of it having a noticeably less active tip section?

I saw one of Tom Wishon's charts, and it said that the PXI is softer at every bend point in the shaft, yet the KBS feel softer in flex.

Anyone else think this or had this experience?

(I have an 86 mph swing speed with a smooth tempo by the way)

Yes. PXi feels terrible to me, while KBS feels very smooth.

Yes. PXi feels terrible to me, while KBS feels very smooth.

I thought KBS felt smoother, but I have been playing PXi since last summer and enjoy it. I don't think PXi feels terrible at all. For me, PXi has a little more spin, so my shots are a bit straighter. My swing speed is around yours and I'm playing 6.0 softstepped, FWIW.

Wouldn't apples to apples be PXi 5.5 to KBS Tour Stiff?

I thought KBS felt smoother, but I have been playing PXi since last summer and enjoy it. I don't think PXi feels terrible at all. For me, PXi has a little more spin, so my shots are a bit straighter. My swing speed is around yours and I'm playing 6.0 softstepped, FWIW.

It's weird, I just never for used to the feel. Although what do I know, I think C Taper feels better than all of them.

I actually really like both shafts I've hit both a lot I currently have the PXi in my irons biggest thing I've noticed is PXi are lower launching.

It's weird, I just never for used to the feel. Although what do I know, I think C Taper feels better than all of them.

I like the PXi's a lot, but I really like the way theC Tapers feel. I can agree with you on the feel of the tapers, but I still do enjoy the PXi's in my DPCs

I really like both. Find them fairly similar myself but PXi launching and spinning a little higher.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the feedback. I just had my 3rd range session and 3rd round with the PXi's. They definitely feel less active in the tip section. For me they fly slightly lower and spin a lot less than the KBS Tours.

Still deciding on whether or not I want to keep them in or switch back. Haven't had a decent round with good greens to tell yet. One round the greens were sponges, and the others they were firm as rock.

The biggest difference I'm feeling is a much softer butt in the PXi, and a more active tip in the KBS Tours.

Back