Nike Covert 2.0 vs TaylorMade JetSpeed

Reaction score
Handicap
So, I don't know why or how but lately, I've been driving it so well. 2 months ago I was getting about 230.... all of a sudden I'm hitting it 280 or more pretty consistently. I've played with a few random people lately and I'm out driving them all day. I haven't really changed much in my swing, however I did switch from a Nike Covert 2.0 to a Taylormade Jetspeed. The Nike Covert was stock with a stiff shaft. I had the JetSpeed driver customized to 44.5".

Could an equipment change really get me that much of a distance increase?

Possibly. Could be any number of factors really. Although 280 is crazy long, that is awesome. Is that carry distance?

nah, that's with roll. I wonder since the CoG on the jetspeed is towards the face I am just getting crazy roll.

Sounds like the switch worked maybe the shorter shaft has allowed you to catch the sweet spot more constantly

I couldn't get any distance hitting the covert at Dicks. I was left and short hitting the stiff flex. Pretty sure it was 45.5" stock. It felt off. Then I picked up a Cleveland Classic and was just striping it 300 on the launch monitor.....almost walked out the door with it.

nah, that's with roll. I wonder since the CoG on the jetspeed is towards the face I am just getting crazy roll.

Roll is much more determined by launch angle and geography/conditions than they are where CG is placed.

Nike needs to seriously put in a better effort as far as quality and materials if they want to remain as a serious contender with the other OEMs out there like TM, Titleist, Ping, Callaway and Adams. Nike has been accused of using cheaper, lesser alloys in their club heads from irons to drivers and even wedges. Idk man, ever since I hit a slingshot 5 iron to demo and it vibrated and shook my bones I've been very leary about their cheaply manufactured golf equipment. Their irons absolutely stink. They should've just stick to shoes IMO.

Last edited:
Nike Covert 2.0 vs TaylorMade JetSpeed

Nike needs to seriously put in a better effort as far as quality and materials if they want to remain as a serious contender with the other OEMs out there like TM, Titleist, Ping, Callaway and Adams. Nike has been accused of using cheaper, lesser alloys in their club heads from irons to drivers and even wedges. Idk man, ever since I hit a slingshot 5 iron to demo and it vibrated and shook my bones I've been very leary about their cheaply manufactured golf equipment. Their irons absolutely stink. They should've just stick to shoes IMO.

Different strokes for different folks. The Covert 2.0 driver and 3w were both some of the longest and straightest I hit at a recent demo. It easily beat many of the mfgs you mention. I'm just sayin'.

To the OP, could be any number of factors. Sounds like the Jetspeed just suits you more. Play that hot hand.

I love my Covert 2.0 Forged Irons, the JetSpeed is just working better for my driver than the covert :)

So, I don't know why or how but lately, I've been driving it so well. 2 months ago I was getting about 230.... all of a sudden I'm hitting it 280 or more pretty consistently. I've played with a few random people lately and I'm out driving them all day. I haven't really changed much in my swing, however I did switch from a Nike Covert 2.0 to a Taylormade Jetspeed. The Nike Covert was stock with a stiff shaft. I had the JetSpeed driver customized to 44.5".

Could an equipment change really get me that much of a distance increase?

It can. It depends on so many variables though. The weight, the flex, the torque, launch angle, ball speed, etc. all contribute. A good comparison is like any good experiment. You only want to evaluate one variable at a time to get a true comparison. If you have the same shaft, grip, loft, etc. on each, then you can get a better feel for the true differences in each brand's club head.

Neither one of those drivers did me any favors on Dick's LM.

Jody Wong loves her Nike forged offering in the covert forged iron set. Are you sure it's not a set of Titleist with a Swoosh painted on like Tiger and Rory?? Lolll

Jody Wong loves her Nike forged offering in the covert forged iron set. Are you sure it's not a set of Titleist with a Swoosh painted on like Tiger and Rory?? Lolll

If you're going try and troll a company, at least ensure that what you're saying has some truth to it.

There are people here who can attest to this not being true.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

First of all I'm a guy and secondly you're a troll

Back