Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really know any courses out by you guys. How about not Mill Creek nor Brookwood Country Club--since those are the two that I played last fall.

Depending how far west you wanna go, we could play The Links at Ivy Ridge or Seneca Hickory Stick to name a couple.
Anyone else wanna throw some suggestions into the discussion?

maybe twin hills ?

I don't really know any courses out by you guys. How about not Mill Creek nor Brookwood Country Club--since those are the two that I played last fall.

Depends on how far west you wanna come?

Shadow Pines or Greystone

Depends on how far west you wanna come?
It really doesn't matter to me. I'll be driving to Syracuse in the morning, and there most of the day. It'll a lot easier to drive West from there than Albany.

Well today was ok but not great.My Sunday crew made teetime at Buffalo Tournament Club.The weather was nice,the playing partners were great,the greens were good but gotta say............when all the other courses were cart path only or 90 degree,these people could drive anywhere.Not bad you say..........the fairways were so torn up and there is actually a mower stuck in the mud between the 3rd hole and 8th hole. On top of that it was $45.00! GlenOak and IvyRidge charge that and they're Pristine! Sorry to vent but there are too many other courses around to play and I'm not one to bash but,sheesh! I won't be back there anytime soon. Hope everyone got out this weekend! Looking foreward to playing some nice courses these coming weeks.

It's like they didn't finish what they started there at BTC. Much of the course has no cart path so they are really lax on enforcing that and it makes a mess of what could be a nice course. The greens are great but don't justify the $45. I'd send them an email.

Not worth it Andy,told the starter and cart guy,also to my dismay to the pro shop when I checked in.Each of them said"we don't make the price".
Looking foreward to GlenOak with you! Aaron has made his OC flight arrangements and I will make sure he is there.

Played Shadow Pines Sunday, gorgeous day but the course was pretty soggy.
It was cart path only, not even the 90* rule. Shot a horrendous 119 thanks to an awful day of driving and putting.
Everything else however was on point, which made me feel better than I shot. Here's to warmer weather and dryer course conditions!

Played Shadow Pines Sunday, gorgeous day but the course was pretty soggy.
It was cart path only, not even the 90* rule. Shot a horrendous 119 thanks to an awful day of driving and putting.
Everything else however was on point, which made me feel better than I shot. Here's to warmer weather and dryer course conditions!
You got out and got to swing, The important stuff!

Played Salmon Creek yesterday, which was very soggy and the fairways weren't mowed (understandably). Still struggling with "slapping" my driver and I can't get it in my head to extend my right arm on the downswing. I keep striking with an open face and open wrists on my irons which produces a lovely shank to the right. It pops up in the worst moments and then goes away when I REALLY focus on it.

Played Salmon Creek yesterday, which was very soggy and the fairways weren't mowed (understandably).
Yea the rough was a nice healthy mess at Shadow Pines, it was no match for me and my new wedges. I also used my trusty 7i punch shot on pretty much every hole when I had a nasty lie.

Anything going on for Sunday or Monday? I'd like to play.

Anything going on for Sunday or Monday? I'd like to play.

Weather is looking good. I'd like to get out 1 of those days. Just have to put the word in now.

Me too! Or if anyone in Rochester wants to play over the weekend, let me know
Best book something soon,gonna be a busy weekend.Anyone wanna take charge?

I took off this Friday, have a 8:40am tee time at Blue Heron Hills. Just me and my buddy playing 18, could make room for 2 more :bananadance:

I'm playing in a member's tournament Saturday morning. Sunday morning gotta work so I won't be out till the afternoon. Monday I have off so I'll be game to play all day.

what a beautifull day up here, I went out for a round this morning before work, and I have some sunburns, my skin is all peeling out like if I was a snake.... its ugly

Peter and Dean wont believe it, but after some less than good rounds, my Iron play is getting really solid. I shot 90 today, with a double on 18...

I am working on that driver and I am confident that my handicap will be back to sub 16 by the time we get to OC!

what a beautifull day up here, I went out for a round this morning before work, and I have some sunburns, my skin is all peeling out like if I was a snake.... its ugly

Peter and Dean wont believe it, but after some less than good rounds, my Iron play is getting really solid. I shot 90 today, with a double on 18...

I am working on that driver and I am confident that my handicap will be back to sub 16 by the time we get to OC!
I believe it bud. I think you're swing is solid--even if you do stand on the wrong side of the ball.

I believe it bud. I think you're swing is solid--even if you do stand on the wrong side of the ball.

haha that might be the problem!

I took off this Friday, have a 8:40am tee time at Blue Heron Hills. Just me and my buddy playing 18, could make room for 2 more :bananadance:

Nice looking course, wish I could join you but I'm already playing Wednesday and Thursday.

Best book something soon,gonna be a busy weekend.Anyone wanna take charge?

Gotta figure out what my weekend agenda is first. I know there will be family obligations, just don't know when yet.

Took Friday off, hoping for a 4 day stretch of golf and possibly one or two days of 36 holes. Playing Island Oaks on Saturday with the league and probably some parks courses the rest of the week (need to get my money's worth). I think I had a "uh huh" moment last night when I was swinging in my backyard and I will be testing it out on the range tonight. Need to get back into top shape for the PGA National event in September!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back