SCme

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
OK so figured with all the golf purchases going on from people on here, this might be the best place to ask for some advice. My question deals with an item that is posted on ebay from somebody out of the states, with 0 transactions. Is the ebay and paypal buyer protections enough to cover somebody not to bet burned?

eBay and PayPal should protect you but considering the time and hassle I would not deal with them.

As a buyer conventional wisdom says don't do it. That having been said, a new seller has to start somewhere. Paypal should protect you if you just have to have it, but let to good to be true be just that. Make sure you pay as goods.

Definitely would advise against it. I know it's hard because the person may be legit and just starting on eBay but let someone else be the first especially outside of the states. I've never had an issue on eBay but I always purchase from people with near perfect feedback

0 feedback means he hasn't even bought on ebay. I wouldn't & if its a GREAT deal would throw a red flag up for me

Definitely would advise against it. I know it's hard because the person may be legit and just starting on eBay but let someone else be the first especially outside of the states. I've never had an issue on eBay but I always purchase from people with near perfect feedback

I agree with this for the most part and the cost of the item would also make a difference. If the price isn't too steep it might be worth the gamble.

For me it would depend on which country they are from. China probably not, Canada probably.

Thanks for your opinions thus far. The item has now be relisted 2 times with no taker, so I must not be the only person looking at the red flag. My major problem is the item is in Romania and the U.S. is the only ship to country listed on the auction. My heart says, "Wow great deal even with shipping", but my gut/head is starting to win out more and more with the not sure this is a legit listing.

Dont do it.
Thanks for your opinions thus far. The item has now be relisted 2 times with no taker, so I must not be the only person looking at the red flag. My major problem is the item is in Romania and the U.S. is the only ship to country listed on the auction. My heart says, "Wow great deal even with shipping", but my gut/head is starting to win out more and more with the not sure this is a legit listing.

I buy and sell on eBay constantly. My rating is at over 1800 transactions and im
still a 100% feedback. My opinion is if they have a zero I stay away. If they want people to buy they should probably make a few purchases first.

I buy and sell on eBay constantly. My rating is at over 1800 transactions and im
still a 100% feedback. My opinion is if they have a zero I stay away. If they want people to buy they should probably make a few purchases first.

This. I have about half the feedback, also 100%. Personally, I don't buy internationally, just not worth the hassle imo. But even a domestic seller with no history, I wouldn't even spend a moment to consider it.

Buyer protection should protect you if something goes wrong. It could be a huge hassle. I know that I recently bought a couple clubs off of Ebay and the seller took forever to ship it. Ebay gave them almost a month to send it to me before they were willing to step in and do anything about it. The clubs finally came after about 3 weeks and I wasnt very happy about it but Ebay didnt really seem willing to do much about it.
Personally, if a seller were from outside the U.S. and had 0 feedback, Id pass on it. They may well be a good seller who is just starting out but its a pretty big risk, IMO.

Alarmbells and red flags everywhere because of the bold part :)

Bumping this thread.

I purchased a club on ebay last Thursday night. The seller has 25 transactions and 100% good feedback but now it's been all day friday and saturday and I haven't heard anything as far as when they will ship. I even sent a message and didnt get a response yet..

How long should I wait before I take the next step?

Bumping this thread.

I purchased a club on ebay last Thursday night. The seller has 25 transactions and 100% good feedback but now it's been all day friday and saturday and I haven't heard anything as far as when they will ship. I even sent a message and didnt get a response yet..

How long should I wait before I take the next step?

They could be away.. With only 25 transactions it's not exactly a power seller. I'd personally wait until tomorrow, send another message letting them know you'll be canceling on Wednesday if no interaction is provided and go from there. Give them an opportunity to respond.

They could be away.. With only 25 transactions it's not exactly a power seller. I'd personally wait until tomorrow, send another message letting them know you'll be canceling on Wednesday if no interaction is provided and go from there. Give them an opportunity to respond.

Will do. Thanks!

Back