Golf ball reccomendation?

Okay, ball report. I played the Callaway Supersoft (Thank you, jlukes) for my entire 18 hole round, other than hole number 6, white. I switched to a beat up noodle, because, I can't hit my driver far enough to carry the pond, and I can't figure what club to use for a good layup. I didn't want to lose the Supersoft, thefore the beat up noodle. Distance wise, I think it was a little longer than my usual Noodle. The biggest difference was with my short irons. The ball didn't hold the greens any better, but I was having to club back, i.e. a 9 instead of an 8. As a result, I had a 49 on the front. On the back, the Blue 9, I got dialed in better and shot a 42, for a total of 91.My worst hole was white 9, a par 5. I hit driver, 4 hybrid. Then taking out my usual club for the remaining distance and the green being 5 feet above me, I flew the green. Left with a severe downhill chip I ran the ball past the hole, almost off the front, then proceeded to 3 putt for a double bogey. Oh yes, the ball is very durable, and still looks nearly new after my round. I'm looking forward to next week

Last edited:
I have a slow swing speed as well and have had good success with the Callaway Supersoft and the Wilson Duo. Both of which won't break the bank.

I totally agree with this, also try the Srixon Soft Feel which are the same price.

Smith (and others): Do you think if he goes to the Bridgestone site they will give him a good overview of all the other different brand balls that might fit him as well or better than their brand at less cost? Just asking!

I doubt it, unless they find no ball on their lineup to fit you, which is unlikely since they have a pretty good range of balls

I just did a live on course Bridgestone fitting a couple of weeks ago and they suggested e6. I like it off the tee and irons, but it releases too much for me on the green compared to the B330 RX. I also tried the Project A, but the jury is still out on those as I feel I lose some distance with them. I also want to try the Callaway Super Soft and the MG C4 balls...

I just did a live on course Bridgestone fitting a couple of weeks ago and they suggested e6. I like it off the tee and irons, but it releases too much for me on the green compared to the B330 RX. I also tried the Project A, but the jury is still out on those as I feel I lose some distance with them. I also want to try the Callaway Super Soft and the MG C4 balls...

Toddo: If you can, I suggest you try to get a sleeve or single "Super Soft", rather than buying a full dozen to try. If you have trouble with the E6 around the green, I suspect you will not be happy with the "Super Soft".

With a slow swing speed, perhaps something like the Lady Precept? That ball has been very well received by both genders here at THP.

Okay, ball report. I played the Callaway Supersoft (Thank you, jlukes) for my entire 18 hole round, other than hole number 6, white. I switched to a beat up noodle, because, I can't hit my driver far enough to carry the pond, and I can't figure what club to use for a good layup. I didn't want to lose the Supersoft, thefore the beat up noodle. Distance wise, I think it was a little longer than my usual Noodle. The biggest difference was with my short irons. The ball didn't hold the greens any better, but I was having to club back, i.e. a 9 instead of an 8. As a result, I had a 49 on the front. On the back, the Blue 9, I got dialed in better and shot a 42, for a total of 91.My worst hole was white 9, a par 5. I hit driver, 4 hybrid. Then taking out my usual club for the remaining distance and the green being 5 feet above me, I flew the green. Left with a severe downhill chip I ran the ball past the hole, almost off the front, then proceeded to 3 putt for a double bogey. Oh yes, the ball is very durable, and still looks nearly new after my round. I'm looking forward to next week

Awesome stuff, Jer!

Back