Golf ball reccomendation?

jere.01

Reaction score
Handicap
mid 20s
I've already gotten some very good suggestions for a new (to me anyhow) driver. Now I was wondering if I could get a few suggestions for which golf balls to play for my slow swing speed. I currently play the Maxfli Noodle. My favorite ball used to be the Strata with the green line on it, but they are no longer available even as re-washed golf balls

I have a slow swing speed as well and have had good success with the Callaway Supersoft and the Wilson Duo. Both of which won't break the bank.

Bridgestone e6 - Soft compression that likes to go straight

I think a very good start would be to click on that Bridgestone banner at the top of this page and talk to them. I have a higher than average swing speed and have always loved the e6.

Bridgestone ball fitting would be a good start.

Based on the fact that you said you have issues with distance but not accuracy, the Bridgestone e5 or e7 could be a good start.

I would also give the Callaway SuperSoft a whirl. If you want, you can PM me your address and I will send you a sleeve of the supersofts

You should try brigestones online ball fitting, can give you some good suggestions based on the info you enter.

try to go to the Bridgestone BFIT link provided to maybe help you out. http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/product/ball-selection-guide
I've already gotten some very good suggestions for a new (to me anyhow) driver. Now I was wondering if I could get a few suggestions for which golf balls to play for my slow swing speed. I currently play the Maxfli Noodle. My favorite ball used to be the Strata with the green line on it, but they are no longer available even as re-washed golf balls

for slower swings a lot of people are suggesting the Wilson staff duos, I havent tried them but I loved the wilson balls I tried. you might also want to try the callaway supersoft and the taylormade project (a)

I would also suggest a chat session with a B-fit tech on bridgestone's website

Based on the fact that you said you have issues with distance but not accuracy, the Bridgestone e5 or e7 could be a good start.

I would also give the Callaway SuperSoft a whirl. If you want, you can PM me your address and I will send you a sleeve of the supersofts

I would think with a slower swing speed, that both of those would be tougher to work with than the e6 and or the RX from the Bridgestone line. Both of which have lower compression than the e5 and e7

I would think with a slower swing speed, that both of those would be tougher to work with than the e6 and or the RX from the Bridgestone line. Both of which have lower compression than the e5 and e7

Learn something new every day. Didnt know the e6 played softer than the e5.

The online ball fitter pegged me at the E6. I just bought a box so I am going to try them this weekend.

I would also throw the srixon q-star in the mix

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bridgestone e6 or Wilson Staff Duo. Couldn't go wrong with either one.

e6, Wilson Duo, Supersoft Maybe even in that order.... Definitely a lot of well deserved love for the e6!!

Solid Solid Ball!!

E6 and Callaway Super Soft , Project A are all great balls

Thanks, PM sent. I am also going to try the Bridgestone ball fitter, as suggested.

I just got off line with Jeff at the bridgestone Efit chat, and he reccommended the E5, due to my low launch angle, among other things. I'm going to see if the pro shop at my home course carries these

I just got off line with Jeff at the bridgestone Efit chat, and he reccommended the E5, due to my low launch angle, among other things. I'm going to see if the pro shop at my home course carries these

Good luck. Let us know how they work for you.

Is bridgestone the only maker of quality balls?

Is bridgestone the only maker of quality balls?

I think a very good start would be to click on that Bridgestone banner at the top of this page and talk to them. I have a higher than average swing speed and have always loved the e6.

Smith (and others): Do you think if he goes to the Bridgestone site they will give him a good overview of all the other different brand balls that might fit him as well or better than their brand at less cost? Just asking!

Last edited:
I recently done a head to head comparison with the Bridgestone E6, Srixon Soft Feel, Wilson Duo and Callaway Supersoft. For me with a swing speed of low to mid 80's it came out at, 1st Callaway Supersoft, 2nd Wilson Duo, 3rd Bridgestone E6 and 4th Srixon Soft Feel. IMHO they would be the best 4 low compression balls for slow swing speeds on the market today, I would suggest you try them all and come to your own conclusion.

I recently done a head to head comparison with the Bridgestone E6, Srixon Soft Feel, Wilson Duo and Callaway Supersoft. For me with a swing speed of low to mid 80's it came out at, 1st Callaway Supersoft, 2nd Wilson Duo, 3rd Bridgestone E6 and 4th Srixon Soft Feel. IMHO they would be the best 4 low compression balls for slow swing speeds on the market today, I would suggest you try them all and come to your own conclusion.

I love the Duo. For guys like us it is hard to beat. Wilson Staff has a fitting tool for balls on its website. It was quick and spot on for me. I hear a lot of good things about the Super soft as well. Both of em $19.99 a dozen. You cannot loose.
Remember they make em faster than we can loose them. Play well.

I'd like to pass along my thanks to jlukes for the sleeve of SuperSofts.
Can't wait to try them out!
solid THPer in my book.

Callaway X2Hot. Soft compression, 3-piece ball that mitigates a lot of side spin. Comparable to the Bridgestone e6 or the Srixon q-Star.

Back