Callaway Great Big Bertha Heaven Wood Differences. Ruger Ti, Ti, and USA Models ...

Chip Star

Reaction score
Handicap
Does anyone know the differences in these 3 heads? Did Callaway make a true 7 wood in Great Big Bertha?
The Ruger Ti head does not use the word "Heaven Wood", so I'm assuming that it's their version of a true 7 wood.
The Ti Heaven Wood on the other hand, was designed with a 4 wood loft? and a 5 wood length? Or something like that?
The USA model, I have no clue .. but, someone is there anyone out there with some old pro shop experience that has had it explained?
There's also The "War Bird" ....

Thanks! :thumb:

Last edited:
The 3rd one down doesn't look like it has the war bird sole. Other than that, Not sure what the differences would be

The 3rd one down doesn't look like it has the war bird sole. Other than that, Not sure what the differences would be
Thanks! Yeah, could be the camera angle. But I see what you're looking at... seems to me that the "Heaven Wood" had a different loft
as opposed to the true 7 wood .. It truly was an amazing club, and is till in my bag. 175-200? No problem with for that club.

In searching, I was able to find out that it was The Ruger Fire Arms Company that made the ruger heads.
Supposedly a better quality titanium then what they were using before? My big question is, which one was truly considered a 7 wood loft ...
I know that the "Heaven Wood" was NOT a traditional 7 wood loft or length. And Callaway, for some odd reason(s) will NOT give out info on the phone.
Yeah .. I'm the Heaven Wood spyyy .. :p

A regular golf buddy of mine in the 80s used to play the crap out of his heaven wood and more often than not if he got in my wallet that club played a role. This is how he described it's technical features back in the day - "it's a 7 wood loft on 4 wood shaft". Not sure if that's accurate, again my buddy's description after he bought it.

Not sure at the time these were released that there was any huge changes from release to release. You can get some info on Callaway Pre-owned. Just click on the head you want specs on and go down to the bottom of the page; http://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/golf/fairway-woods,default,sc.html
Thanks for the link HG .. It doesn't show the warbird Heaven wood loft though .. and Callaway seems to (for some reason) protect those #s.?

But a very useful link nonetheless ..

A regular golf buddy of mine in the 80s used to play the crap out of his heaven wood and more often than not if he got in my wallet that club played a role. This is how he described it's technical features back in the day - "it's a 7 wood loft on 4 wood shaft". Not sure if that's accurate, again my buddy's description after he bought it.
The thing is magic .. I swear! And yes .. I believe you have that right. It's a 4 wood shaft with a 5 wood loft .. I think ..
I've had it in my bag for 20 years. Can NOT take it out!

Last edited:
Back