Tysdad

Reaction score
Handicap
Are DPCs more forgiving than AP2? If so, on a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is barely more forgiving and 10 is way more forgiving, what would you rank the DPC over AP2?

thanks!

I don't have the J40s but I do have the j38s and the AP2 710. Between them I would say the J38 forgiveness is around a 6. They are definitely more forgiving but not quite a GI iron. They are just the right mixture of player iron look with GI help IMO.

Last edited:
I can't remember if Hawk reviewed the AP1's or 2's. If 1's then this topic came up in the AP1 thread. You could head over there to read up on it.

I find the DPC's more forgiving than the AP2. The AP1 would be a closer comparison in terms of forgiveness in my opinion.

I find the DPC's more forgiving than the AP2. The AP1 would be a closer comparison in terms of forgiveness in my opinion.

Wow the DPCs must be very forgiving, for such a good looking forgeing

Wow the DPCs must be very forgiving, for such a good looking forgeing

Very forgiving? All relative I guess. I did not find the AP2s all that forgiving, based on small club head, thins sole, very thin top line, etc.

Very forgiving? All relative I guess. I did not find the AP2s all that forgiving, based on small club head, thins sole, very thin top line, etc.

I was going off your statement of comparing them to the AP1 which I found very forgiving. If I misunderstood that's on me

I've played both pretty extensively and still have both here with the same shaft. (712 AP2's and was fit into the 714 AP2's this spring). Both are more forgiving than they look. DPC's are a larger head, so if compact heads is not something you like then I'd steer you towards the DPC's. The AP2's are more forgiving off the toe for me and is a solid feel on missed towards the toe (my miss). The tungsten weighting really does help keep the head stable at impact.

The feel is quite different between the two, the AP2's just feel solid at impact and don't have the smooth soft feeling / sound at impact that the DPC's have. Both are solid choices, just depends on your miss I think. All being said, I have the DPC's in the bag now as I like the larger size head of the DPC's. Just inspire more confidence for me.

I had AP1's and currently game J40 DPC's. I hit many AP2 irons when I gamed the AP1's. I find the DPC to be more forgiving simply due to the longer heel toe in the DPC than the AP1 so, even more so than the AP2. The total package inspires more confidence to me in the DPC and the perfect shot that we all long for, is just so smooth.

JM

Back