Mini Hybrid Shootout: 913H v. XCG6 v. Xhot Pro

Dr RosenRosen

Reaction score
Handicap
I wanted to give you a mini-review of some hybrids I hit against the screen yesterday. Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures to give you the actual trackman numbers. Any numbers I reference will be off memory (so be gentle).

About me: I'm in the market for a 2 and 3 hybrid because my Amp Cells and I don't get along. (I hook the sh*t out of them.) ~9 hdcp. I'm short so I make up for my height by swinging too hard. My swing flaw is in-to-in (i.e., I take the club back too far inside and then swing in to out).

Xhot Pro 20* with Project X 6.0

I wanted to get this one out of the way. I ballooned this club almost every time. My back spin numbers were nearly double the other two. Even when well struck, the ball went way too high and ended up 20-25 yds shorter than the other two. It did stay straight, however. Stay away from this club if you tend to hit down on your hybrids.

Tour Edge XCG6 19* with Matrix Ozik 6.1 62g Stiff

The TEE is a beauty. It sets up square and feels heavy (in a good way). I love that a New Decade Multi-Compound grip comes standard. This was the first one I hit. Probably because it was my first swing, I had a smoother tempo and hit it well (225 carry, 239 total) with a baby draw. Buoyed by the first, I then tried to kill it and hit a 230 yd massive hook. And that is how the remaining shots went - baby draw then massive hook.

That being said, the sound and feel of the TEE are amazing. The ball seems like it just explodes off the face. And it is long. Even bad swings netted respectable yardage. Also, and important for me, there was no ballooning (except once on a truly horrible swing). If I felt like I could reign in the hooks, I would seriously consider the TEE.

Titleist 913H 19* with Diamana D+ White 92g Stiff

Now this is a beautiful club. The simple black head with matte black shaft just exudes class. It also sets up beautifully. I don't know if it is square or a 1/2 degree open like the previous iteration, the 910h.

The weight of the shaft smoothed out my tempo and transition. My first shot was 237yds, perfectly straight (it actually landed on the line and stayed on the line). The next four were 235yd baby fades. The next swing was absolutely horrendous and still netted 205 carry. I then hit one perfectly with a slight draw. I just giggled when trackman indicated 249yds. Ball flight was medium throughout. The sound was wondrous. Not quite the *crack* of the TEE but still explosive. If you've ever hit a Sonartec, it had a very similar sound.

The Titleist is, by far, the best hybrid I've ever hit. I owned the 910h for awhile before I stupidly sold it. I had a Project X HCB shaft in it. The 910h felt dead. The 913h, however, felt anything but dead.

Now I just have to convince my wife that it is perfectly reasonable to spend $229 on a single club. I'm sure the kids will grab some popcorn and enjoy the show!

Check out ebay. The 913's can be had for a lot less than retail.

I hated last year's xhot hybrid. This year's x2hot pro hybrids are entirely different beasts. I would highly recommend giving them a whirl before pulling the trigger.

I actually have the D+whiteboard 92 stiff in my 20 degree x2hot pro and it's a game changer

Any reason why you haven't looked at Adams yet. They have a ton of different hybrids to choose from, and they perform really well too.

Any reason why you haven't looked at Adams yet. They have a ton of different hybrids to choose from, and they perform really well too.

For the most part, it is because the stock shafts aren't heavy enough. The 9061 has the diamana s+ 82g but I didn't really like the look of the head. That being said, I'm not excluding any. This was just what I hit on Trackman yesterday.

Looks like the The XTD Ti has a 90g stiff shaft, and I've heard some good things. Granted... it is a little bit more expensive than the Titleist also. Good luck finding the right hybrid for you.

nice thoughts. I am caught between the Titleist and a last years Adams myself for the bag early season.

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts! I spent some time with the 913H and while it was really nice, the J40 Hybrid just works better for me. I didn't mind the XHot, but I do find all that offset tough to look down on in a hybrid.

Really nice breakdown. I'm very happy with my 913 as well. Looks great and performs really well. BUT I got a g25 and it may be taking its place soon. Really impressed with that hybrid too.

Tappin it up

I really enjoy my tee xcg6 3 hyrbid. I still have my 4 hybrid Vin the wrapper because I didn't want to be a two hybrid carrying guy... but I think I will be. These hybrids are much more anti left than any I've played before.

I gamed a 17* 913 for a while and loved it. It was my 250 yd club that filled the gap beautifully. i dont have any experience with the other two clubs you listed. The x2hot hybo is a beast of another class

I'm with you on the 913H. Awesome club. I will say for me that it feels very, very similar to the 910H which I owned previously.

I picked up the 913h with the same shaft this past month. I hated previous hybrids before but I absolutely love this club. I get along a lot better with a heavy shaft and the Whiteboard is a good match for me. When I tested it on gc2 against the SLDR the SLDR was longer, but the 913h is just so consistent for me. I have so much confidence in this club and can't say enough good things about it.

Love my 913 3H to death. I picked up a 910 4H on Kijiji dirt cheap, but I like consistency in my set. I think I'll eventually buy my 4H in the 913 one day unless I can find a deal on one. The differences between the two are very noticeable. 913 blows any other hybrid I've hit out of the water. TaylorMade's line is long, but I don't get the same consistency. I'd rather be 5-10 yards shorter, but 15-20 yards more accurate. That's just the way I hit them.

Back