Help with picking component iron heads

nikkoplease

Reaction score
Handicap
~15
I bought a set of kbs tour pulls from kuyaariel about a month ago. i wanted to reshaft my i20s with them, but i though it'd be cool to put some component heads on them. I was looking at wishon, but i believe they only sell complete irons, so that's out. i was looking at hireko and acer brands as they sell heads only. i also wanted to try forged if that was a possibility.

are there other brands that i should be looking at?
is there a component brand that's above everyone else?
are there more questions i should be asking?

also this is going to be my first time doing any sort of thing building-wise, so i'm gonna be getting assistance from my golf dad, mike from impact golf here in houston. pretty sure i was reading that i'd have to shim the shafts for most component heads as the shafts i have are .355

nikko

The maltby ke4 forged are solid if your looking for a gi cavity back, kind of like the apex style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so my best way to try them would be to get either the 6 or 7 before fully committing, correct?

I ended up getting a Maltby TE Forged #7. I also got some black widow grips. will keep everyone updated on the process. also reading on the website it looks like i won't have to shim the shafts.

• Universal hosel bore diameter allows for .355" and .370" tip shafts

Back