Shaft for TM Mini Driver

levessh

Reaction score
Handicap
I am looking for some help in picking a shaft for my 12 degree TM mini driver. I played with the Fuji 7.3 that is stock in the TP and like the feel, but the spin is too high and I feel like it balloons slightly. I have been playing the AD-DI in my driver in the past but felt it played a little weak and went slightly too high (even though I was fitted for it), but liked the feel. So, I was thinking that either the BB or MT shaft from Graphite Design would be good choices. In short, I am looking for good feel, but with slightly reduced spin numbers from the 7.3 (and lower launching than the DI). I will be sticking with a shaft in the 70 gram range.

Also, if it helps, I am currently playing the Fubuki ZT (stock) shaft in my BB Alpha and like the shaft (I did not get any better results from other shafts when fitted). My driver swing speed is in the 100-105 range.

I would appreciate any thoughts.

Diamana D+ or 7m3 black tie maybe?

I would look into a good launch monitor session. See what you spin really is.

Diamana D+ or 7m3 black tie maybe?

I would look into a good launch monitor session. See what you spin really is.

Thanks. I have tried the 7m3 before and was not crazy about the feel. The D+ is defintely an option.

My problem is that no one around here has any other shafts for the mini driver, so its difficult to get real data.

Thanks. I have tried the 7m3 before and was not crazy about the feel. The D+ is defintely an option.

My problem is that no one around here has any other shafts for the mini driver, so its difficult to get real data.

The black tie is a different animal. That's for sure. I would rule out a Grafalloy Blue or even and Aldila Tour Green

Tour Green would be my choice i think i am going to get one for my 14* mini

Tour green is a good shaft IMO, it is stock in the 2-Deep. I have a project X, 6.0 PXv that was a pull from a 3-Deep if you are interested PM me.

I have the Tour Green in my X2 3 Deep and I feel like it plays a little weak to flex for my swing, so my control suffers. One of the things I like about the Fuji 7.3 is the control.

I have the Tour Green in my X2 3 Deep and I feel like it plays a little weak to flex for my swing, so my control suffers. One of the things I like about the Fuji 7.3 is the control.

Yea, I would agree that the tour green "made for" the 2-Deep plays a little soft to flex. I hit the 2-Deep pretty well and I am a regular flex player.

Yea, I would agree that the tour green "made for" the 2-Deep plays a little soft to flex. I hit the 2-Deep pretty well and I am a regular flex player.

The Tour Green in the 2deep is made for?

The Tour Green in the 2deep is made for?
It has been my experience that most shafts are "made for" shafts. Even the Miyazaki shafts in the mashie fairways and hybrids don't match any flex code Miyazaki list as c kua shafts. Ping and Titleist used to be two companies that used a lot of after market shafts, but I'm not sure they even do it as much as they used to.

I think most "made for" shafts do tend to play weaker to flex or softer in the tip section in my experience.

It has been my experience that most shafts are "made for" shafts. Even the Miyazaki shafts in the mashie fairways and hybrids don't match any flex code Miyazaki list as c kua shafts. Ping and Titleist used to be two companies that used a lot of after market shafts, but I'm not sure they even do it as much as they used to.

Fwiw I don't believe there is anything wrong with "made fors". It's a matter of fit.

My understanding was that the green is real deal and the blue is made for.

Fwiw I don't believe there is anything wrong with "made fors". It's a matter of fit.

I don't either. They tend to fit me better and are much less expensive than after market shafts.

My understanding was that the green is real deal and the blue is made for.

I'm not for sure about the tour green in the 3-Deep really, but if it has the name of the OEM on it it usually is. The Project X I have does not have the word callaway on it but I am pretty sure it's a "made for" shaft. The one I have is pearl in color and they also make one in a charcoal color and I'm not sure what the difference is except the color of the shaft.

Tour green and ahina are very good low spin shafts! I have both in different clubs and they perform very well for me

Graphite Design AD MT-7

Graphite Design AD MT-7

Can you compare the MT to the DI? I have not gotten to hit the MT, but liked the feel of the DI (just need a slighly lower ball flight). The MT (or BB) look like they may be good options.

Lower ball flight and slight higher spin. Perfect for a low spin head.

Back