Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Swing on up! Derek will be there and I should be able to squeeze an hour or two and head up there as well.

They have mini golf if your son would enjoy that.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I don't wanna bring that psycho with all those fun toys for me to play with there :D

Yeah they do good business up at Pro Circle. Been there for a looooooong time. You can even test and order Scor wedges there.

A person needs to sell a kidney to pay for all the wedges Scor recommends! I can't justify the cost no matter how much they may help my game. Maybe one at a time if they work for me. Hitting my Cleveland's have always been one of my strong points until now. I can't seem to do anything but blade my wedges long or pop them short. They just don't feel right now. Surprisingly, hit the Rocketbladez AW fairly well.

Swing on up! Derek will be there and I should be able to squeeze an hour or two and head up there as well.

I will plan on it then unless my wife has big plans that day. Will try to get her to go too. I am trying to get her interested in golf.

He probably would. Thanks! Although throwing the football always trumps all with him. Not that I mind.

Walked 9 at Phillips park yesterday afternoon. I have to say that this is the best I've seen that course look....ever. I've been playing there for 13 years now an it's never been this green. The greens are extremely firm and the rough is deep. But it sounds like it's deep everywhere right now. Playing in a tourney there on Sunday. The flight I'm in plays from the whites (thank God for that early season 16.4 handicap) so in theory I should be able to play most par 4's 4iron wedge and par 5s driver 5-7i. There's at least 5 holes where I could take a run at te green from the tee.

I have a half day next Friday if anyone is looking to play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you filled in your Friday afternoon yet?

The 6th? I have not. Still open.

I thought you meant today. I've got my son next week and will be spending time with him. Maybe take him to a Par 3.

I thought you meant today. I've got my son next week and will be spending time with him. Maybe take him to a Par 3.

No worries. I've got a half day today but need to go see my short game guru.

I'm just trying to get my swing somewhat consistently like it was before I give lessons a shot. The more I get out, the better it will be. Then the lessons will actually be helpful. Except they are so dang expensive!

I'm just trying to get my swing somewhat consistently like it was before I give lessons a shot. The more I get out, the better it will be. Then the lessons will actually be helpful. Except they are so dang expensive!

That is the truth. Luckily for me this is something that's been provided to me through the Morgan Cup. I've got plenty of half day Fridays this summer, so anytime anyone wants to get out, let me know

That is the truth. Luckily for me this is something that's been provided to me through the Morgan Cup. I've got plenty of half day Fridays this summer, so anytime anyone wants to get out, let me know

Sounds good. We technically only work a half day on Friday (I usually stay longer) so I have many Friday afternoons available also. Assuming I'm not traveling.

Perfect!

Heading up north to hang with a friend in Johnsburg, then playing oak grove. Excited to play a new track

Heading up north to hang with a friend in Johnsburg, then playing oak grove. Excited to play a new track

Ohhhhhhhhh oak grove..... Enjoy!!

Ohhhhhhhhh oak grove..... Enjoy!!

Does it have a range? Doesn't say on website. If not I'll stop at pro circle.

Does it have a range? Doesn't say on website. If not I'll stop at pro circle.

Yes it does. Balls are suspect....

How'd it go?

Never made it to pro circle, but I enjoyed Oak Grove. I did hit the range, definitely suspect balls but I would kill to have that practice facility around us. The course was in GREAT shape. We played the tips (ugh) and it was 500 yards longer than I prefer. I lost a couple balls that were just off the fairway. I put up too many big numbers but still struck the ball well. The weather was really bizarre with hard rain for 5 minutes off and on. Overall a good day, at a nice course.

Screenshot2014-06-02at95728AM_zpsad40bbb0.png

Never made it to pro circle, but I enjoyed Oak Grove. I did hit the range, definitely suspect balls but I would kill to have that practice facility around us. The course was in GREAT shape. We played the tips (ugh) and it was 500 yards longer than I prefer. I lost a couple balls that were just off the fairway. I put up too many big numbers but still struck the ball well. The weather was really bizarre with hard rain for 5 minutes off and on. Overall a good day, at a nice course.

Screenshot2014-06-02at95728AM_zpsad40bbb0.png

What app is that?

Anyone use the golf shot app?

Back