TaylorMade SLDR Mini Driver Preview

Got my 12* mini TP today so hit the range, it must just be my swing, but this thing really flies in the air for me! The range balls are only 80% but even so I will still hitting just shy of the back net which measured at 240ish. First round with proper balls today, one thing I really need to look at tomorrow is hitting the draw, I found it extremely easy today where as I am used to hitting a big fade

That is great the mini really seems to go when you hit it on the screws

Have you tried to hit it off the deck?

That is great the mini really seems to go when you hit it on the screws

Have you tried to hit it off the deck?

I did give it a quick go, first ball was great, went nice and high, second was poor, it kept going like this really, but for me I won't use it that much off the deck, I have adjusted my Nike covert 2.0 to a 4 wood so this will be the off the deck club anyway

Not a massive hitter? Carrying it 240ish with 80% balls say otherwise. Thats crazy long dude.

I am selling my R1 tomorrow and using the mini full time. I got it out 270 on a few occasions that's all I need.

Only way I see 270 out of anything is I drive up to my ball and pick it up and throw it another 30yds or so lol.

Only way I see 270 out of anything is I drive up to my ball and pick it up and throw it another 30yds or so lol.

It wasn't an every shot thing. But well struck shots were going surprisingly long for me.

I am carrying 240ish with mine rolling out to 250-260

I order a ATX tour green for mine today

I get one out there every now and then with the right fairway and good swing. I am averaging about 240 with it though, but I play at a little elevation and dry air, somewhere else I probably lose a little.

I am carrying 240ish with mine rolling out to 250-260

I order a ATX tour green for mine today

Nice. I have sold the head of my x2hot 3 deep so will put the green in the sldr mini. Hope to have it ready to go for Tuesdays round.

Nice. I have sold the head of my x2hot 3 deep so will put the green in the sldr mini. Hope to have it ready to go for Tuesdays round.
Please share your results i wonder how the shaft will match with the mini i really like the ATX shafts as you can se by my sig did your have the standard or tP shaft

I know that switching from the stage 2 3hl fw and 4h to the SLDR versions, i lost between 1/2-1 club length. However, my accuracy nearly tripled, so I'll take it. One drawback, is that the 4h is only a half club length at best as my 4i SpeedBlade. I could move to a 3h and a traditional 3 fw, but then the accuracy goes. So it makes sense to use the 4i for practice only, as I find the hybrid more useful (and accurate, and consistent). This also leaves me another problem. A nearly 40yd gap between my notoriously inconstant driver swing and my 3hl. I've tried the SLDR driver, but got no gains over the R1, so it's not worth replacing that (unless I can find a used head cheap enough - as I like the look/ feel of SLDR over R1.
Tried the 14* mini with R flex, but it ballooned too much and only went as far as my 4h. Looking to try the 12* in stiff (maybe even TP). If I can get it 10-15 further than the 3hl, with the accuracy and consistency, I will put it in as a traditional 3w/driver. Fill in the hole in my gaps, and provide a safe alternative for days my driver is misbehaving on me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please share your results i wonder how the shaft will match with the mini i really like the ATX shafts as you can se by my sig did your have the standard or tP shaft

Will let you know. I had the pos stock shaft, I am hoping it will be a killer combo.

So first round today, and I am sad to report it was poor. Not really the club's fault but I played very poorly and with a bad swing this club just doesn't respond. I really am hitting this club quite high which is worrying, it seems to go higher than my 3 wood at 15 degrees which is odd. The one hole I really hit it well went 250 up hill, was about 10 yard behind my partners drive, so that was good. Starting to doubt the TP speeder shaft for my swing now, but time will tell

Will let you know. I had the pos stock shaft, I am hoping it will be a killer combo.

Make sure you have a shim when you reshaft the only the TP model has a .335 bore

R1 traded in today. Mini is my driver now. Was far from perfect with it today but my worst misses were what my best misses were with the R1. I am having no problem making solid contact with the mini

Make sure you have a shim when you reshaft the only the TP model has a .335 bore
I'm so annoyed by that. If I knew it was only the tp model I would've forked over the extra cash for the tp model. I have the new speeder 757 ready to be put in and now I have to decide whether or not to shim it. I know the difference in feel will be minimal but it's such a nice shaft I would have to shim.

Really trying to figure out what loft I am going to go with in this one for the MC.

Right now, I am leaning toward the 16*, but the thought of a stronger loft at 14* is enticing as well.

I'm so annoyed by that. If I knew it was only the tp model I would've forked over the extra cash for the tp model. I have the new speeder 757 ready to be put in and now I have to decide whether or not to shim it. I know the difference in feel will be minimal but it's such a nice shaft I would have to shim.

I think that's annoying too.

Really trying to figure out what loft I am going to go with in this one for the MC.

Right now, I am leaning toward the 16*, but the thought of a stronger loft at 14* is enticing as well.

After hitting the 14 today, that's what's going to be the one for me.

I think that's annoying too.

After hitting the 14 today, that's what's going to be the one for me.
Hmmm.....

how is the 14 SLDR driver treating you ballflight wise?
Stock shaft giving me a mid-ish type of flight. Some are better than others.

16° is going to be in my bag!

Back