SCOR Golf - The Official Thread

JP and All,
I recently had my irons redone with Ctaper Lites (110g) and now my Scor's feel too light. For now my old wedges are back in the bag but I want to get the Scor's going again. Has anyone put Ctaper Lites or PXi into their Scor's and how did it work out? I bought my Scor set used and it feels like a 90g steel shaft without the Genius label on it.

I'm thinking maybe the KBS TourV's for a nice piercing flight.

Boost, one of my golf buddies has the new CTaper Lights in his SCORs, and so far he likes them. I like the KBS TourV a lot better. If your shafts feel light you probably have the Genius 10's, which is a cross between a KBS Tour 90 and a KBS Wedge.

Are these available in the UK?

rick shiels did a you tube review on them so i think they will send them to anyone who wants to get them in the uk

hey all i was curious about something.
i got some apex with recoil shafts. any one know how close the scor genius 7 and 9 shafts are in comparison to the recoils? has anyone put a recoil in a scor wedge?

edit. or am i way over thinking same shaft in all my irons

Just got a scor demo wedge last night. I hit a little bucket at lunch today. Tried to do a direct comparison between the scor and my A wedge. Definitely noticing a much tighter grouping with the scor so far.

Also it seems heavier than my clubs, which might be a good thing for me.

While on the course today, I had laid up short of a creek with about 30 yards or so to the pin left for my 3rd on a Par 5. These greens had not been stopping for anyone all day, but they were beautiful to putt on, so I grabbed my current wedge and hit a low spinner which as expected, even with a huge amount of backspin still rolled out about 10-15ft. It was OK, because I knew it was going to.

I then asked mightyquinn if I could try out his 60* Scor, since I've never hit one and have the 51 on the way and he graciously obliged. I tried to do the same thing with the Scor, hit it to the same spot on the green and the shot just stopped, no roll-out at all. Now, I know I've been unhappy with my current wedges since shortly after they came in, but I thought it was just my game, which has been pretty bad lately, but after hitting his Scor, I know that they're going to fit my game well.

So after I recuperate from XMas and the TM Ultimate Testing, I'm probably going to order a set of 4.

I have been in ponder mode on these and stories like this don't help! I can't tell you how many times I hit a wedge onto the green it lands within 10 feet of the flag and then rolls off (or almost off) the green. Currently gaming some mismatched wedges, but looking hard at updating to some of these once I get my Altitudes in and get them dialed in. Plus I think my pro is about to start reping for them so I should be able to try them out and get fitted.

Got a couple rounds in with my new set of SCOR wedges (53/56/59). I'm really liking them so far. They seem very consistent in their feel and distance, and a little surprisingly, my best shots with them have been on non-full shot swings including chipping. More than any wedges I've used, the ball comes off the club how I intend it to. Distance control is spot on and on delicate lies it almost seems like the club head just doesn't care as much about whatever turf/sand it comes into contact with. Hit a couple of really nice short almost flop shots over trouble spots to small landing areas and really just nailed them.

Will probably round out my short irons with a 51 and a 48 eventually.

My only complaint and it's really just a personal thing, is that the new cord style grips are pretty rough on my hands. I'm used to playing Winn Sri-tac grips so I'll either have to adjust or change them out. I kind of want to keep them because I like the results so far and may just go with a cord grip on the rest of my clubs and work through it until my hands build up some tolerance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new cord style grips?
got mine in october and they came with red lamkin 3gen wedge grips
did they change grips at scor?

Apologies in advance IF my question is buried elsewhere here...

I currently have the Scor 51* demo and can confirm the same compliments here about consistency etc. I do need some insight, tho, on the V-sole from the bunker vs. my current "need" for a wider bounce (as in my current Vokey 56.14). Can anyone offer an opinion about a similar need and their experience with Scor in this regard?

I currently have the Scor 51* demo and can confirm the same compliments here about consistency etc. I do need some insight, tho, on the V-sole from the bunker vs. my current "need" for a wider bounce (as in my current Vokey 56.14). Can anyone offer an opinion about a similar need and their experience with Scor in this regard?

I play my 51,55,59 all from the bunker with ease. No concerns about bounce. The V-sole flat out works.

Sorry I'm a bit slow responding here... I previously played a 58/12 Vokey from greenside bunkers. I've used both the 56 and 60 SCOR and they both work fine for me. It does seem to me a somewhat different technique works best though. With the Vokey and other "single bounce" wedges I'd lay the face open to add bounce and adjust my stance accordingly. I don't seem to need to do that with the SCORs. Bunkers never were my favorite place to be though, I really have to spend more practice time at that this summer.

Sorry I'm a bit slow responding here... I previously played a 58/12 Vokey from greenside bunkers. I've used both the 56 and 60 SCOR and they both work fine for me. It does seem to me a somewhat different technique works best though. With the Vokey and other "single bounce" wedges I'd lay the face open to add bounce and adjust my stance accordingly. I don't seem to need to do that with the SCORs. Bunkers never were my favorite place to be though, I really have to spend more practice time at that this summer.

I am the same now with the 58* scor in sand. I never had issues with my previous wedge but now I struggle to hit a decent sand shot. I've tried opening the club and just squaring up, neither seem to work well. Any shot other than sand these are the best wedges I have played.

It's probably fate or something related to making that comment about sand, but I managed to land in about 6 yesterday afternoon. Most moist and hard packed and short sided... I did end up opening up the face and adjusting the stance accordingly, not for bounce so much as to deloft the 60. To my delight, all came out pretty nicely. One a bit thin, but it was still on the green.

Have 1 round in with my Scor 55 degree V-sole and love it. Never miss hit it. Accurate and crisp.

Have 1 round in with my Scor 55 degree V-sole and love it. Never miss hit it. Accurate and crisp.

Nice, glad you're enjoying it. They're solid wedges, I love the v-sole.

Ok I bought 3 wedges 50 54 58 with genius graphite.
Played 3 rounds now and I'm really not enjoying these for what I bought them for.
Seem less full swing integration.

In fact I've loved them out of the bunker, pitches and chips.

But put me at a full 50 54 or 58... forget it. I'm not sure v what it is might actually be the shaft. I'm hitting alot of weak soft shots off to the right.

Has anyone taken scor up on the 30 day guarantee? ? I've been playing these side by side with some other wedges and I'm partial to the others on the whole

I've not tested SCOR's return policy, but I agree that for "full swing shots" I don't love 'em as much as I do my AP1s. The flip side is that I play them as finesse clubs almost exclusively. I occasionally use the 48 for full shots but even that is rare.

"In fact I've loved them out of the bunker, pitches and chips. "

Me too. For me that's what wedges are really all about, but if they aren't doing what you want I would contact SCOR ASAP and discuss a return.

I returned my 58* under the 30 day return policy. I had to call the company first to get my return number and I returned it with no issues. I ended up going with a MD2 which I absolutely love.

Scor taking real good care of me. I believe I'll be real happy by the end of this transaction.

I just done the Scor Fit online and it recommend that I replace my 9 iron with the 43* Scor Wedge that would carry about 110 yards but my Cleveland 588 Altitude 39* 9 iron will carry 120 yards that will leave a gap of 20 yards between my 8 iron that will carry 130 yards and 43* Scor Wedge this fitting doesn't sound right. Even if I went down to the 41* Scor Wedge it would still only give me about another 5 yards looking at the gaping of the Scor Wedges.

SCOR Golf - The Official Thread

I just done the Scor Fit online and it recommend that I replace my 9 iron with the 43* Scor Wedge that would carry about 110 yards but my Cleveland 588 Altitude 39* 9 iron will carry 120 yards that will leave a gap of 20 yards between my 8 iron that will carry 130 yards and 43* Scor Wedge this fitting doesn't sound right. Even if I went down to the 41* Scor Wedge it would still only give me about another 5 yards looking at the gaping of the Scor Wedges.

I can't seem to get an answer to this question I have asked this question on the Scor web site but no answer just keep getting emails wanting me to buy them. I think I might just go with the new Cleveland Rotex 2 cavity backs in 4 degree increments.

A couple thoughts...

You could request the 51* demo wedge and see how it performs vs. the estimated distances.

Also, you could keep gaming your 9I and gap the Scor wedges from there.

A couple thoughts...

You could request the 51* demo wedge and see how it performs vs. the estimated distances.

Also, you could keep gaming your 9I and gap the Scor wedges from there.

I would just like to know how it come up with replacing my 9 iron with a club that is the same as my PW

Back