Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots if them today but this one led to my only birdie

160 yd par3 dropped the 20ft birdie putt

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401678310.586294.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401678310.586294.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 0
Pushed my drive right and was under a tree. Hit a fade just by another tree from 210 with a 4-iron and stuck it to 7'. Missed the birdie, though.

4 holes later, sunk 15 footer for eagle..first eagle since getting back into golf (2 previous missed putts).

fun game..

First round it was a chip in for birdie on 15. It was a delicate little pitch from 15ft off the green with 20ft to the pin going away from me. Flipped it up, bounced twice and tricked down a dropped.

second round had to be my 30ft down hill birdie putt on #17.

After hitting my first drive OB, I hit a good second drive and had 95yds to the pin. This is a nice easy PW for me and I landed it 3ft short, it took 1 hop, hit the pin and stopped to 1ft

I don't usually pick drives, but I piped one 297 today (favorable wind and slope of the fairway) and set myself up for a good chance at birdie on a 517-yard par-5. Left the second shot a little short of the green, but pitched it 2 about 8 feet. Pin high, but just broke a touch more than I thought it would. Tap-in par. Still, that drive was fun to reminisce about after the round.

Pushed my drive right and was under a tree. Hit a fade just by another tree from 210 with a 4-iron and stuck it to 7'. Missed the birdie, though.

4 holes later, sunk 15 footer for eagle..first eagle since getting back into golf (2 previous missed putts).

fun game..

Woo Hoo! Nicely done, Matt!

Stuck my new 20* Adams Pro hybrid to 3 feet from 215 yds out on a tough par 5.
Unfortunately, it a provisional ball after thinking I pushed the previous shot into the water.
I did find the first one dry and outside the hazard, so I played it and managed to scramble the par.

I played nine yesterday. It was a little bit of a "meh" round, but I did have a nice approach on a long Par 4. I had 173 from a side hill lie (ball above feet) and a hurting wind. I hit a nice high draw that started on the right corner of the green and drew back to pin high, five feet.

I was pretty happy with that one. (Although I ended up burning the edge on the putt... Ugh)

one of the few bright spots in today's round. killed the drive on a long par 4 to leave 85 yards to the pin. 54* to 3 inches:

DydonDC.jpg

WardF said "you won't need your putter but you should probably bring your cell phone"

yes, I made the birdie :)

Par 3 money hole at Prairie View. I knocked my tee shot to about 10 feet for the win. Never got my signed dollar bills though. I will start adding interest compounded daily I think.

Golf3rguy on 14 I think it was got out of the bunker and it hit the flag itself. The flag grabbed it and dropped the ball to tap in range. Just like he planned, I think.

8 iron into a head wind at 144 stuck it to 2 feet.

I usually don't have many drives that qualify for best shot of the round but yesterday was an exception. Playing a 509 yard par 5, I smoke my drive up the right side. The plus about that right side is that it is all downhill sloping hard packed dirt/sand and moves R-L severely. I get up to my ball and am 165 yards out, yep over a 340 yard drive (we played from the blues, not the whites indicated in the picture)! Ha!

Aside from that, I made 5 putts outside of 15 feet including a long one for birdie. Putter has been on fire lately!

Hole #5 (Par 4): Bad tee shot, wide right of fairway in moderate rough. Muffed 2nd shot, but managed to get it back on the fairway. Landed approach shot six feet on false front of green and watched it roll back to six feet off front of green. And then.... and then.... Chipped in for a Par!.

Final hole # 18 was a short par 5. I mishit the 3 wood just a tad but got the roll up for the putting surface way left 40 feet--the shot of the day was the 40 foot putt for Eagle!

Today's best was a 30 yard chip that settle right by the hole for a tap in par.

My two best shots last night were both on par 5s, both with my 3 wood, and both led to birdies. The first hole from the fairway 245 yards from the green, the ball ended up on the short left fringe. And on the ninth hole, from the left rough 260 yards from the green, the ball ended up on the short left apron. It's unfortunate I couldn't play every shot of the round with my 3 wood.

40 yard chip over a bunker, one hop and dropped in for a Birdie.:bananadance:

Snaked a 30 footer for par on a long par 5 today. About the only good thing to happen today.

154 yards from the green to 2 feet was pretty good, but the one shot I was really happy was a flop shot over a branch to within 3 feet. Of course I missed the Par putt but that is for a different thread.

7 iron 135 yds into the wind hit a 3/4 knock down shot to 4 feet. I'd had problems with the wind all day. Everything was ballooning on me. Finally got one to stay down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to admit I like my new x2hot driver. Hit a draw around some trees on a very tight par 4. Such confidence I have knowing I can control the ball. Hit it 294 all in. I'll take it.

Have to admit I like my new x2hot driver. Hit a draw around some trees on a very tight par 4. Such confidence I have knowing I can control the ball. Hit it 294 all in. I'll take it.

It is a fun driver!!

Best shot of my round was big up and down on #12. I had chunked my 9i approach into the face of the ravine in front of the green and was left with a severely upsloping, 20yd pitch sitting in some tall, but somewhat sparse, native grass. I took a healthy little whack at it and the ball popped way up, landed softly and rolled out to 4 feet. That shot was the catalyst for my strong finish

I should probably say something like:
"The chip in for eagle on the 12th" but the approach was bad and I just didn't feel it.
"The drive on the 12th" and it was great, but it's a drive so meh.

I'm going for 'the hybrid I shot out of the grassbunker on the 5th' as I hit a TERRIBLE tee-shot to end there, maybe 150 yard from the box and completely took control back with the hybrid. (Me following it up with a great 5 iron, a put that was just 4" left of the hole and a tap in par did help.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back