Club fitting at Reunion

Ag2979

Reaction score
Handicap
I just booked my club fitting at Annika Academy for next Tuesday and couldn't be more pumped. After reading reviews and talking to some THP members I finally pulled the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. You'll really enjoy it.

The guys who were fitted there for the MC all raved about the experience.

I tried to book one for June 21st in the morning, the only thing they could do was a 45 minute driver fitting, which is fine since I just got an Alpha

Congratulations - it should be a great experience. They did a fantastic job with me a couple weeks ago.

It looks like my fitter is Dave Wheeler. Any suggestions on questions to ask or things I should look out for? This will be my first fitting. I am hoping to learn a lot about my putting stroke and set up as well.

It looks like my fitter is Dave Wheeler. Any suggestions on questions to ask or things I should look out for? This will be my first fitting. I am hoping to learn a lot about my putting stroke and set up as well.

Dave is a good guy.
Tell them you are a THPer.

Great have a good time

Nice! That place is awesome. Hope you enjoy the experience.

Based on everything I have heard and read you are in for a truly awesome experience. Congrats and looking forward to your results. Enjoy and keep an open mind.

JM

Thats great man, from all the reviews ive heard from other thp'ers its a great place to go. Look foward to the review.

I just got back from the fitting and it was great. Let me first say that Dave is top notch and full of great info. He not only fit me but offered up some swing tips and drills for me to work on.

I got there about 40 minutes early, signed in and then was brought over to a range to warm up. After about 1/2 hour Dave came out and we got to work.

Irons- I currently play old Taylor Made RAC OS's
We talked about trying the x2hot/pro and Apex/pro. I ended up not hitting the pros in either, I just don't think my swing is consistent enough.
I hit both irons pretty well but in the end he suggested the x2hots. As far as shafts, my best distance and dispersion was with the xp105 in regular flex.

Driver- current is an old Cleveland launcher 8.5degree
I hit the Bertha and the X2hot. With all the the talk of lofting up now a days, I was quite surprised that my recommended loft is 9 degrees. He said either driver would work fine for me as the numbers were similar. He suggested the x2hot simply based on price and the $100 off Callaway is offering. We tried a number of shafts and settled on the Kuro Kage in stiff flex.

The suggested bag looks like this:

X2hot driver
X2hot 3 and 5 woods
X2hot 3 hybrid
X2hot irons 5-aw

Mack daddy 2 56 bent to 55
Mack daddy 2 60 (I will be keeping my Hopkins for now)

Putter - white hot pro #1 ( my current gamer). We added a super stroke slim 3.0
Ball suggestion is the SR2 but said I could try the x2hot ball as well
Grip - lamkin 3gen +1 wrap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Club fitting at Reunion

As for the final
numbers.........

6iron:

Head speed - 75.80
Ball speed - 106.80
Efficiency - 1.41 (94%)
Back spin - 4630
Launch angle - 16.40
Side spin - 100
Side angle - -0.60
Swing path - .96
Angle of attack - -6.39

Last edited:
Driver.......

Head speed - 90.60
Ball speed - 128.30
Efficiency - 1.42 (95%)
Back spin - 2355
Launch angle - 12.20
Side spin - 196
Side angle - -1.30
Swing path - -1.13
Angle of attack - -.56

Congrats on your fitting and your new clubs!

Congrats on your fitting and your new clubs!

Thank you. No new clubs yet. I will be ordering the driver tomorrow as my Father's Day gift but the others are having to wait a while. I am hoping I can swing them before the gauntlet.

I ordered the driver yesterday and that should be here next week. I also got the quote for the remaining clubs.....$1600!! Those are going to have to wait.

Looking forward to seeing how the new driver works for you in Hilton Head. Glad you had a good fitting experience.

Thanks dude, I am looking forward to it. I NEED to gain more distance off the tee. This will be the tool I need to accomplish it with lots of work. I'll have it in Charleston at the end of the month to test SC courses.

6edyry4y.jpg
. It's a happy day!

The ponder is over!! I ordered my irons, hybrids, 3 and 5 woods today. Of course this is the first place I run to share the news!

I went with a 5 hybrid instead of 5 iron, hopefully it was the right choice.

Back