The Milwaukee Area Thread

A buddy of mine and I booked the bog for 7:40am on Friday Morning. Great rate of only $49 through GolfNow. If any other THPers are available in the area, I'd obviously much rather play with you than a potential random pairing. Plus, it's a dirt cheap rate.

A buddy of mine and I booked the bog for 7:40am on Friday Morning. Great rate of only $49 through GolfNow. If any other THPers are available in the area, I'd obviously much rather play with you than a potential random pairing. Plus, it's a dirt cheap rate.

Thoughts on the course?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thoughts on the course?

The greens were aerated about 4 weeks ago supposedly and are still running a little slow (can still see some dimples). Otherwise the course was in good shape. If you haven't played it, I would highly recommend a yardage book and/or going with someone who has played it before. So many blind tee shots, it gets frustrating not being able to find a ball that you know you made good contact on. That said, there are holes that can be extremely forgiving. I probably wouldn't pay the normal rates they charge there (~$100 if I remember correctly), but for $50 I would certainly do it again.

The greens were aerated about 4 weeks ago supposedly and are still running a little slow (can still see some dimples). Otherwise the course was in good shape. If you haven't played it, I would highly recommend a yardage book and/or going with someone who has played it before. So many blind tee shots, it gets frustrating not being able to find a ball that you know you made good contact on. That said, there are holes that can be extremely forgiving. I probably wouldn't pay the normal rates they charge there (~$100 if I remember correctly), but for $50 I would certainly do it again.

Golf4less deal or something? I agree on the rates if they have deals which I've seen them run

Golf4less deal or something? I agree on the rates if they have deals which I've seen them run

It was through GolfNow...the course actually links to GolfNow deals through their website. Actually the more I think of it, I probably won't be playing there again anytime soon as there are many other courses in the area that I think I would rather play again or for the first time that are in that price range (Whispering Springs, Royal St. Pats, Thornberry Creek, The National @ Fox Hills, Washington County).

It was through GolfNow...the course actually links to GolfNow deals through their website. Actually the more I think of it, I probably won't be playing there again anytime soon as there are many other courses in the area that I think I would rather play again or for the first time that are in that price range (Whispering Springs, Royal St. Pats, Thornberry Creek, The National @ Fox Hills, Washington County).

If your headed towards st pats mention something. Right down the road and on my estimate best course in the area. I'd play

If your headed towards st pats mention something. Right down the road and on my estimate best course in the area. I'd play

Will do, played it last year and enjoyed it. Perhaps we'll be able to make it over there this summer. It's not really that far away, there's just no easy way to get to Wrightstown from the lake.

Girard- Have you played The National @ Fox Hills yet? I think it may be one of the more underrated courses in the area.

Girard- Have you played The National @ Fox Hills yet? I think it may be one of the more underrated courses in the area.

I've played the completely open course, not sure which that one is. Quite the layout. Had a 300 yard drive and an 8 in the same hole. That was quite a few years ago.

Not a fan I take it? It would be the completely open one, with all of the berms lining the holes and a couple holes with the huge, shared greens.

I am usually at town and country in Sheboygan.I also have a deal for the Bog $45.00 for sometime this yr. never played it yet if any one is interested ??

Not a fan I take it? It would be the completely open one, with all of the berms lining the holes and a couple holes with the huge, shared greens.

Not saying that. It's a haul from Appleton and don't really have a reason to head that way. Also I guess I still remember the reputation fox hills had back in the day...

Any recs for a good place for a foursome of "infrequent" golfers on Father's day around here? Brighton Dale is one I've heard is good and we're considering. Also Petrifying Springs (which we've played before). We don't want to go too crazy price wise, but are flexible at least a bit. Maybe something around Lake Geneva?

Any recs for a good place for a foursome of "infrequent" golfers on Father's day around here? Brighton Dale is one I've heard is good and we're considering. Also Petrifying Springs (which we've played before). We don't want to go too crazy price wise, but are flexible at least a bit. Maybe something around Lake Geneva?

Evergreen is a favorite of mine. BrightonDale is decent as well.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I drove by Evergreen on the way to my brother's house on Elkhorn. I wondered if it was any good, it looked nice from the road.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I drove by Evergreen on the way to my brother's house on Elkhorn. I wondered if it was any good, it looked nice from the road.

27 holes. Nice place. No range.

We have a 630 tee time Sunday morning on Blue Spruce at Brighton Dale. Can't wait!

Hope some of the WI crew take their chances and sign up for the big event in Chicago this year. Last spots up for grabs now.

We have a 630 tee time Sunday morning on Blue Spruce at Brighton Dale. Can't wait!

Blue is nice. White is my favorite! Red is great but it's only nine.

Like JB said, you can't miss this opportunity. How can you pass up a chance at this crazy deal and experience? Come on folks show some support for local events, they might not be around long, or again...

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59343

I guess my only hesitation would be that I'd have to join the Albatross Club mid-year just to have a chance at this, knowing that I won't be able to make any of the other events.

I guess my only hesitation would be that I'd have to join the Albatross Club mid-year just to have a chance at this, knowing that I won't be able to make any of the other events.

The Albatross Club has a lot of benefits.
Including coming with some items, discounts on others and free shipping on testing and prizes.
Of course the support to THP does not hurt.
And of course, the chance at TheGrandaddy...The all expense paid event of a lifetime.

Albatross does so so so much more than just that. Apart from just supporting this place, in store discounts, free shipping on prizes/test equipment, chance to get into all events, etc. If you are active on here, it really pays for itself quite easily. And just helps keep this place going to boot.

I've essentially gotten free shipping twice this week on items in the store not to mention the chance to play golf with 18 guys from across the Midwest this past weekend with what ended up being a 1 in 10 chance at winning a new set of irons. Well worth it in my opinion. Still a lot of year left too....

I think I joined in August of last year. Love the hat I got and being able to support THP as well. Not to mention the events are awesome.... Even just the regular unofficial gatherings....like the Iowa event in a few weeks.

Back