Not seeing this great Taylor Made service I have heard lots about...

My responses back from Taylormade are always amazingly fast. No idea what's happening

I think they may be out to get you dude hahaha. I've always spoken with someone first time calling and they are always very helpful.

In the grand scheme of things it won't mean anything to them but I will never ever buy another piece of tm or adidas kit again.

In my 20 years' experience as a golf retailer, the only feedback you're going to get from TaylorMade (or any major equipment company) in a situation like this is to take it to the retailer from where it was purchased. I can't say that TaylorMade's customer service is the best in the industry (I'd give that to Callaway or Ping), but they're very good. We have customers bring in defective clubs every day, and most companies (including TM) take care of all legitimate problems promptly.

An update to this.

Called 7 times! First time, I just missed their customer service line hours so fine there. Second time, they closed early for some promotion (might have been the farewell) Called the next day and the message said we now close early on Fridays (maybe on the message the previous day you could have said you were changing your hours!) Called again the monday of the next week and waitied and got to the next person will assist you and then got cut off. Next time was speaking to someone finally and then got cut off (not my phone btw, had full coverage and I never get cut off) Finally got through to someone and getting their email address was like trying to get their pin number for their atm card! His reply to my email was polite but the usual stock standard reply. Not only that, he lied by saying the place I bought it from was not an authorised dealer (they are). As I am not in the US I even offered to pay for shipping both ways but 3 days later still no response. I have been extremely polite in actual conversations and email correspondences but I find this non-service appalling.
With all due respect, something doesn't add up here. I have a hard time believing that, after 7 phone calls, you didn't get helped. And your suggestion that the guy at TM "lied" to you is difficult to swallow. Maybe he told you the place you bought it from was not an authorized dealer because it isn't. I deal with TaylorMade customer service on a daily basis...it's my job...and I've never encountered anything resembling what you describe.

Did you phone Taylormade USA or Taylormade AU/NZ?

With all due respect, something doesn't add up here. I have a hard time believing that, after 7 phone calls, you didn't get helped. And your suggestion that the guy at TM "lied" to you is difficult to swallow. Maybe he told you the place you bought it from was not an authorized dealer because it isn't. I deal with TaylorMade customer service on a daily basis...it's my job...and I've never encountered anything resembling what you describe.

So it's ok to call someone a liar if you start "with all due respect"?

Im happy to send you the email thread and also happy for you to apologise publicly for suggesting what you have. It is in print that the tm guy said the place wasn't authorised and I have had it confirmed that they are in fact authorised. Don't know how any more clear cut that part of it is.

instead of slagging me off, perhaps a better way to go would be to offer to assist as you deal with taylormade customer service on a daily basis?

Did you phone Taylormade USA or Taylormade AU/NZ?

Spoke to both. The local guys said they couldn't do anything because I bought it from the states. I get that to an extent but at the end of the day it's still a taylormade product in my eyes. I'm pissed off but if they don't want to stand by their product, fine. There is plenty of other great golf companies with excellent product who I'll be giving my money to in future.

I have dealt with every OEM on the US market at some time over the past 4 years and customer service has always been spot on. Here is one example that of the same situation that you are going through ( kind of) that I have actually ran into. I was looking into getting a set of Miura irons built and called around to a few different builders in my area so that I could find a set of heads. I got in touch with one that had a pretty good deal on exactly what I wanted and they produced all of the right credentials saying that they were a Authorized Dealer. The price was a little out of my range at the time so I was going to wait a few weeks to make my order. In those few weeks I went to the PGA Show and ran into the VP of Distribution for Miura. After letting him know of my future intent, the first thing that he said was " (such and such) is not an Authirized Dealer and never has been." He then went on to say that the builder did have their genuine product but had no idea how they were getting it. This sounds like what might have happened to you.

So it's ok to call someone a liar if you start "with all due respect"?

Im happy to send you the email thread and also happy for you to apologise publicly for suggesting what you have. It is in print that the tm guy said the place wasn't authorised and I have had it confirmed that they are in fact authorised. Don't know how any more clear cut that part of it is.

instead of slagging me off, perhaps a better way to go would be to offer to assist as you deal with taylormade customer service on a daily basis?

I apologize if this has been answered, but why can't the place you bought it from help you with your problem? If they are an authorized dealer, they should be able to call Taylormade on your behalf and get everything lined up for you.

I would also try social media (Twitter/Facebook) to get a hold of Taylormade. They generally seem to respond rather quickly to questions.

That being said, I hope you are able to get this issue resolved.

Spoke to both. The local guys said they couldn't do anything because I bought it from the states. I get that to an extent but at the end of the day it's still a taylormade product in my eyes. I'm pissed off but if they don't want to stand by their product, fine. There is plenty of other great golf companies with excellent product who I'll be giving my money to in future.

Go through the authorized dealer. The place you bought it from.

I apologize if this has been answered, but why can't the place you bought it from help you with your problem? If they are an authorized dealer, they should be able to call Taylormade on your behalf and get everything lined up for you.

I would also try social media (Twitter/Facebook) to get a hold of Taylormade. They generally seem to respond rather quickly to questions.

That being said, I hope you are able to get this issue resolved.
You're correct. If the shop where he purchased the club is an authorized TM account, they're the ones who should be handling this.

The place I bought it from won't do a thing. Have taken it up with TM locally, will see what happens. Given what a couple of others have said, I should have given them a US address and told them it had a dent or a rattle and got a new one. Sometimes the best lessons you learn are the hard ones (only hard on my wallet)

I'd also formally complain to TM that this supposed authorized dealer isn't living up to their end of TM's expectations so they can revoke said dealer's authorization. At the very least your complaint might prevent them screwing over someone else, and it might lead to TM doing something for you.

Back