Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Starting to have a hooking problem. Not a snap hook but a big sweeping right to left action. Hmmm. As I play more and I get stronger, does my swing action necessitate a beefier shaft.

I have out growen 3 shafts in this head now, reg Fuel, stiff Fuel and Matrix Ozik Xcon 6.

Dropped a Kuro Kage silver in 60g stiff form the other week and its made a world of difference. Stiffer and heavier shaft has gave me much better dispersion and more confidence.

Just had two great days with the AC :D

Last edited:
I stop in periodically on this thread, and it amazes me how adaptable this head is, and how receptive it's proven to a variety of shafts and swings. Definitely a tinkerers club!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Just got big red a play friend.
esy6a2a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hey guys fairly new to the board and could use some advice on the Amp Cell Driver. I picked up a Blue one today (it's in the mail or so they say) and was wondering where
I should dial up the initial setting. A little background about me and my game. Current driver is a cheap Dunlop DS TAO 460 10.5* loft with an Aldila NVS stiff shaft.
Average swing speed is 105-110 and hit the Dunlop 250-265 when it does go straight. It slices almost every time. I've tried adjusting grip, stance, ball placement and
swing plane to see if it wouldreduce the slice. Even tried different balls. Nothing is working. :banghead:

So I'm here with hat in hand to see if you good people could throw me a bone with this new Cobra driver and give a weekend hack some help. :confused2:

Hey guys fairly new to the board and could use some advice on the Amp Cell Driver. I picked up a Blue one today (it's in the mail or so they say) and was wondering where
I should dial up the initial setting. A little background about me and my game. Current driver is a cheap Dunlop DS TAO 460 10.5* loft with an Aldila NVS stiff shaft.
Average swing speed is 105-110 and hit the Dunlop 250-265 when it does go straight. It slices almost every time. I've tried adjusting grip, stance, ball placement and
swing plane to see if it wouldreduce the slice. Even tried different balls. Nothing is working. :banghead:

So I'm here with hat in hand to see if you good people could throw me a bone with this new Cobra driver and give a weekend hack some help. :confused2:

Try 10.5 draw.

While putting the Amp Cell in a draw setting will help mitigate some, a slice, in my opinion, is a swing issue. Fix the swing, and this driver will do a lot to keep middling swings in play.

Try 10.5 draw.

While putting the Amp Cell in a draw setting will help mitigate some, a slice, in my opinion, is a swing issue. Fix the swing, and this driver will do a lot to keep middling swings in play.

Gentlemen...Greatly appreciated. I'll start with the 10.5* Draw and adjust the swing to match. I'll give a full report once it shows up and I can get to the range and crack a few. All advice is welcome. :alien2:

And Paladin I was stationed across the state from you at MCAS Yuma. Talk about in the middle of nowhere. There's a couple of good golf courses in the place though.

Gentlemen...Greatly appreciated. I'll start with the 10.5* Draw and adjust the swing to match. I'll give a full report once it shows up and I can get to the range and crack a few. All advice is welcome. :alien2:

And Paladin I was stationed across the state from you at MCAS Yuma. Talk about in the middle of nowhere. There's a couple of good golf courses in the place though.

As the amp cell manual shows - the lower the loft the more fade bias it has. So increase loft to fight slice. I used to slice my 10.5 stiff flex cobra s2. I now find it hard to slice my amp cell with a 10.5 regular flex.

Does anyone have a pro head they are not using? If you do, do you mind if I try it out? I will pay for shipping both ways. Thanks.

As the amp cell manual shows - the lower the loft the more fade bias it has. So increase loft to fight slice. I used to slice my 10.5 stiff flex cobra s2. I now find it hard to slice my amp cell with a 10.5 regular flex.

Thanks Dave. I'm going to add that to the knowledge pack. :drinks: FedEx says it's at the local pickup office so I'll have it this afternoon. Time to crack some and see what it can do. :banana:

Last edited:
Got this thing out for the second time yesterday. Already love it so much more than my last driver. It isn't the longest, but man does it want to go straight.

Got this thing out for the second time yesterday. Already love it so much more than my last driver. It isn't the longest, but man does it want to go straight.

Truth! I am not sure what was done with this head but it flat works. I will add that I have gained yardage versus my previous Cleveland Classic. Now that could be the shaft but who know's, just a great driver IMO.

Got it after work yesterday and it's at home in the box still. :banghead: Didn't have time last night to give it the once over. But Friday it's the range and Saturday it's on the course. Got some :nike: Mojo's to try out too. We'll see what happens. :clapp:

Got it after work yesterday and it's at home in the box still. :banghead: Didn't have time last night to give it the once over. But Friday it's the range and Saturday it's on the course. Got some :nike: Mojo's to try out too. We'll see what happens. :clapp:

It's nice to look forward to that sort of thing.

I am in love with this club! Definitely a little shorter than my last driver, but I've never hit so many straight shots and felt so confident in my driver. I used to ponder driver or 3W on every hole where a driver could be used, and usually go 3W. Now I'm pulling this thing whenever I can. Might try dropping the loft to 9.5° though, think I'm launching a little high at 10.5°. Hopefully can get a little more distance then.

attachment.php

And there it is. :alien2: Took it to the range on Friday. Hit some at 10.5*D, 10.5* and 9.5* D Found that 9.5* D is the sweet spot for me.
Love this thing. Thanks to everyone for all the help. Went out with it on Saturday and just about drove a green at 312. Haven't done
that in years. So it's a keeper. Once again, thanks to all of you guys for the assistance and suggestions. Great stuff. :blob:

And there it is. :alien2: Took it to the range on Friday. Hit some at 10.5*D, 10.5* and 9.5* D Found that 9.5* D is the sweet spot for me.
Love this thing. Thanks to everyone for all the help. Went out with it on Saturday and just about drove a green at 312. Haven't done
that in years. So it's a keeper. Once again, thanks to all of you guys for the assistance and suggestions. Great stuff. :blob:

Nice! I'm pretty excited to drop my down to 9.5 D and give that a go.

Nice! I'm pretty excited to drop my down to 9.5 D and give that a go.
Yeah I just went there again. Always between 10.5 and 9.5D.

I want to know why it seems people don't think this is a big distance driver? I have really been pouring the coals to my drives the last few weeks, and accurately with this driver.

I have driven two Par 4s. (289 and 321 respectfully) .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'm not a big hitter but I've hit some of my farthest drives with the AC

I want to know why it seems people don't think this is a big distance driver? I have really been pouring the coals to my drives the last few weeks, and accurately with this driver.

I have driven two Par 4s. (289 and 321 respectfully) .

I think I've been hitting it too high and losing distance that way. Thinking the switch down to 9.5 will give me a little boost.

I didn't think I was ...apparently people are telling me otherwise. As long as I stay on my target line I'm happy.

I'm on 10.5 D atm

Ive been hitting some accurate bombs and Im actually set at 11.5

How high you tee the ball and how far back in your stance you position the ball has much more affect on the balls trajectory.
Also your swing plane (steep or flat) has much more influence over 1 or 2 degrees of loft.

How high you tee the ball and how far back in your stance you position the ball has much more affect on the balls trajectory.
Also your swing plane (steep or flat) has much more influence over 1 or 2 degrees of loft.

I agree with Dave on this. I made a slight adjustment to my swing plane and then started dialing in the loft. It did work for me. Granted there might be days when I want
more loft due to weather conditions or bad swing mechanics but so far this thing is a dream for me. :golf2:

Back