Serola Sacroiliac Belt Review Thread

Put mine on yesterday for a an hour or so while doing dishes and picking up the house, and maybe I put it on too tight, but I felt like I had zero mobility or range of motion in my lower body.

Will tinker more later this evening. Currently thinking about wearing it to work under my pants though.

Put mine on yesterday for a an hour or so while doing dishes and picking up the house, and maybe I put it on too tight, but I felt like I had zero mobility or range of motion in my lower body.

Will tinker more later this evening. Currently thinking about wearing it to work under my pants though.

I think you definitely had it on too tight because there shouldn't be any mobility restriction.

Serola Sacroiliac Belt Review Thread

Ok, sorry I am late to the party. I missed the package sitting on my porch until late last evening. It looks like there are a lot of good pictures already so I will skip that part.

I put the belt on under my shorts and felt no scratching nor itching. The first thoughts were the compression was just tight enough to feel but not be uncomfortable. I walked around and watched some TV on the couch in my normal positions and forgot I was even wearing it. After an hour I got up and tightened it more thinking it may have been too loose. Tightening (most likely too tight) caused me immediate discomfort.

My back issues come from a herniated disk in L4/L5 after a rear end collision in July 2012. My pain, numbness and discomfort is brought on mainly when sitting and laying in bed/couch/floor. There is a specific spot 2-3 inches to the right of my tail bone that triggers my symptoms. When I tightened the belt it engaged that spot which brought on the discomfort. DCBRAD may be able to weigh in on this since I don't understand why or how my back pain triggers as it does.

I am going to wear it to work today (not as tight) and see how it feels at the computer. I will update later tonight.

I apologize in advance if I don't respond immediately to any questions. My daughter broke my phone Monday night and I won't have iPad access till 9pm. Hopefully the phone will be fixed before then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sat down last night and made a list of how I want to go about testing the belt and what situations I want to put it through and came up with the following:

-Wearing the belt at night
-Through a full round of golf
-Through a full day of work
-Before and After a chiropractic adjustment (To determine if the belt helps amplify the quality of the adjustment)
-Wearing the belt for 10 days straight

I think this will give me a good idea of what type of results will be seen from the belt and give a good indicator of what you can and cannot expect. I've been wearing the belt when I get home at night for a few hours (usually when my back is bothering me the most), and I have noticed a difference and I will have a bit more on that after I update the thread Friday after a full round of golf with it.
I tried that last night and I had to take it off. When I did, my back started hurting, but for now anyway, I can't sleep well with it on.

I am a very restless sleeper, I toss and turn all night so I fear the belt will be uncomfortable or shift around during sleep, but I am willing to give it a try.
It's not that it was uncomfortable, I just couldn't keep it on all night. It didn't shift around, so you shouldn't have that issue.

Ok, sorry I am late to the party. I missed the package sitting on my porch until late last evening. It looks like there are a lot of good pictures already so I will skip that part.

I put the belt on under my shorts and felt no scratching nor itching. The first thoughts were the compression was just tight enough to feel but not be uncomfortable. I walked around and watched some TV on the couch in my normal positions and forgot I was even wearing it. After an hour I got up and tightened it more thinking it may have been too loose. Tightening (most likely too tight) caused me immediate discomfort.

My back issues come from a herniated disk in L4/L5 after a rear end collision in July 2012. My pain, numbness and discomfort is brought on mainly when sitting and laying in bed/couch/floor. There is a specific spot 2-3 inches to the right of my tail bone that triggers my symptoms. When I tightened the belt it engaged that spot which brought on the discomfort. DCBRAD may be able to weigh in on this since I don't understand why or how my back pain triggers as it does.

I am going to wear it to work today (not as tight) and see how it feels at the computer. I will update later tonight.

I apologize in advance if I don't respond immediately to any questions. My daughter broke my phone Monday night and I won't have iPad access till 9pm. Hopefully the phone will be fixed before then.
I tightened mine as tight as I could. I think it says that since it doesn't have a buckle, getting it too tight shouldn't be an issue. I would like to hear more as you go on about the too tight/discomfort angle.

good start GG. I was wondering about if it should be worn over or under cloths as well. When you wear it, how long do you keep it on for?

I wore it from about 3PM (when it was delivered!) until sometime in the middle of the night. Wow, oh wow will be a recurring theme here.

You guys are already doing an incredible job!

So no one has felt any discomfort wearing the belt under their shorts/pants? I find it a little itchy when I wear it under my shorts. I think I might be wearing it too tight, and then add the fact that I think I got a size too big, and that might be my issue. I am honestly never thought about wearing it to sleep, I am going to try that tonight.
I could tell it was on for a while at first, for maybe an hour or so. But now the only reason I know it is on is because my back doesn't hurt! I can get up and take full practice swings without doing any of that stretching I had to do to even get to 3/4 swings!

Really interested in how tonight's league play goes.

I put it on as tight as I can get it. No issues with it being too tight, at least not yet.

Hi testers,

This one has really caught my attention as a guy who has a chronically sore lower back. I did some web searching before pulling the trigger on buying one of these and I found this Golf Stability Test. Has some pretty good info at the end about why this works and why it is beneficial for golfers. Have you guys seen this? If so, what are your thoughts?

Just took it off. I figured 5 hours was enough for day 1. I don't notice any pain relief because I have a bad case of DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness in my legs that is drowning everything else out. I do notice a difference just walking around. My hips feel obviously less supported but also everything just seemed to loosen up and fall out of place in a not particularly good well so the belt must be working. Tomorrow I will go the whole day with it on and I may try it tonight to bed.

Hi testers,

This one has really caught my attention as a guy who has a chronically sore lower back. I did some web searching before pulling the trigger on buying one of these and I found this Golf Stability Test. Has some pretty good info at the end about why this works and why it is beneficial for golfers. Have you guys seen this? If so, what are your thoughts?
I hadn't seen that before now.

My thoughts are that I am expecting to see increased distance. Hopefully down the fairway, and not further into the woods! Even before seeing this video, the first thing I did after putting the belt on yesterday was to take some practice swings, and it was a world of difference. This could be a game changer.

I hadn't seen that before now.

My thoughts are that I am expecting to see increased distance. Hopefully down the fairway, and not further into the woods! Even before seeing this video, the first thing I did after putting the belt on yesterday was to take some practice swings, and it was a world of difference. This could be a game changer.

I hope to put mine in play on Friday. I feel a few par 5s in 2 would be perfectly fine.

I used to wear mine to work all day - however long it was. Night time I used and still use a body pillow and keep it between my knees as much as I can. When your knees come together it levers against the pelvis and the SI. I found the body pillow better than other solutions as if I woke from pain or soreness I could just stuff it between my knees again and get back to sleep.

The real trick to wearing the belt and making it comfortable is adjusting the elastic straps properly. Too tight gets uncomfortable, too loose not enough support. Once I had it just right I marked the front closure and left the side belts alone.

If the belt helps you may want to look into spinal decompression as well. It is likely a damaged SI will lead to other problems further up your back due to spine tilt as most SI damage is due to soft tissue damage in the joint which allows the spine to tilt to one side. For me it was like magic. I walk sleep work and golf pain free and without my si belt now.

I want to add that it's been about a week now since I have been wearing this and I have only had to use the heating pad once when going to sleep. That's a big deal for me, because my back was so bad at some points I would wake up and put the heating pad back on just so I could fall asleep with less pain.

sounds like I need to start looking in to one of these.

Like most have said, you can almost instantly feel a difference as soon as you put it on. For me it felt like my hips were finally aligned properly. Like I was just given an adjustment and they were popped into place.

Like most have said, you can almost instantly feel a difference as soon as you put it on. For me it felt like my hips were finally aligned properly. Like I was just given an adjustment and they were popped into place.

It's pretty amazing Dean. this could make all the difference in the world for someone with lower back pain. Not just for golf, but for every day.

So it was way too tight yesterday when I wore it for an hour or so and now that I messed around with the tightness and am wearing it at work under my jeans (don't even notice that it's on), my low back and hips are feeling much better. I am not experiencing any discomfort from the belt nor from my aging body, granted that I sit at a desk all day long. With that said, I will eventually get up and take a walk around the building here in a few.

Like many others have said, myself included, the biggest struggle with this is getting the belt tightness figured out. Once you master that then it's smooth sailing from there on out.

Continuing thoughts to follow.

First Post

Background:
16 years I first hurt my back with a stress fracture in low back (I can't remember specifically) then three years later I suffered another stress fracture in my L5. I've constantly been battling pain and discomfort ever since and in late Feb (this year), I tweaked my back on the range. In March I was diagnosed with a strained SI joint. The Orthopedic wanted to give me a cortisone shot, I opted for PT. He also provided me with pain medication, which I try to resist taking I've been going to PT a few times a week since March, I have seen slight improvement from the injury.

I was given a back brace for each of my two stress fractures and over the years and including treatment for the SI joint strain I've done PT (including ice, soft-tissue, heat, stim, ultrasound) taken medication (anti-inflammatory and pain), I purchased a tens unit earlier this year to help manage the pain as well.

Initial Thoughts:
I received my belt last night, I requested a medium sized belt. I tried it on when I first received it and it was a little bit awkward, but I did feel more support. I watched the video a few times and figured out that I had placed it too high.

This belt is very easy to put on and take off, just three velcro straps to secure it in place. I was planning on wearing it out last night, however my "skinny" slacks (I don't really have super tight clothes, but the pants from last night were tighter than normal and made it slightly uncomfortable).

I wore the Serola Belt to bed last night over my clothes and this morning I felt great, the pain I typically have in the morning was definitely not the same as it typically is. I experienced no discomfort throughout the night either. I felt a slight chafing, but in the morning there were no visible marks or signs that the belt was too tight.

The one issue I had last night was going to the bathroom, I sleep in soccer shorts and my boxers (sorry if it's TMI),but how I had the belt on over my clothes didn't allow for use of the toilet, so I had to remove the belt completely (There will be more testing done with this aspect).

My plans over the next few days are to continue wearing it at night, since my pain is the worst in the am, wear it while working out, wearing it around town, under my clothes.All in all a great first test run. I am not currently wearing the belt to work, but I am bringing it with me to my PT appt tonight.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

any of you find it uncomfortable to sleep with this thing on?

No issues for me. Slept through the night great. I think I'm still going to play with the fit for a few days until it's truly comfortable.

First Post

Background:
16 years I first hurt my back with a stress fracture in low back (I can't remember specifically) then three years later I suffered another stress fracture in my L5. I've constantly been battling pain and discomfort ever since and in late Feb (this year), I tweaked my back on the range. In March I was diagnosed with a strained SI joint. The Orthopedic wanted to give me a cortisone shot, I opted for PT. He also provided me with pain medication, which I try to resist taking I've been going to PT a few times a week since March, I have seen slight improvement from the injury.

I was given a back brace for each of my two stress fractures and over the years and including treatment for the SI joint strain I've done PT (including ice, soft-tissue, heat, stim, ultrasound) taken medication (anti-inflammatory and pain), I purchased a tens unit earlier this year to help manage the pain as well.

Initial Thoughts:
I received my belt last night, I requested a medium sized belt. I tried it on when I first received it and it was a little bit awkward, but I did feel more support. I watched the video a few times and figured out that I had placed it too high.

This belt is very easy to put on and take off, just three velcro straps to secure it in place. I was planning on wearing it out last night, however my "skinny" slacks (I don't really have super tight clothes, but the pants from last night were tighter than normal and made it slightly uncomfortable).

I wore the Serola Belt to bed last night over my clothes and this morning I felt great, the pain I typically have in the morning was definitely not the same as it typically is. I experienced no discomfort throughout the night either. I felt a slight chafing, but in the morning there were no visible marks or signs that the belt was too tight.

The one issue I had last night was going to the bathroom, I sleep in soccer shorts and my boxers (sorry if it's TMI),but how I had the belt on over my clothes didn't allow for use of the toilet, so I had to remove the belt completely (There will be more testing done with this aspect).

My plans over the next few days are to continue wearing it at night, since my pain is the worst in the am, wear it while working out, wearing it around town, under my clothes.All in all a great first test run. I am not currently wearing the belt to work, but I am bringing it with me to my PT appt tonight.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Funny you mentioned the bathroom thing, I said the same thing to JB today. I am drinking a ton of water lately which means having to use the restroom more, and it's the one thing about the belt that annoys me. I am constantly taking it off and putting it back on. It's not a huge issue, just a minor inconvenience.

I didn't find it uncomfortable, but I knew it was there. I took it off about 3AM. Back started hurting right away, too, but I just tossed the belt into a chair and dealt with it. I'll try it again tonight.

Funny you mentioned the bathroom thing, I said the same thing to JB today. I am drinking a ton of water lately which means having to use the restroom more, and it's the one thing about the belt that annoys me. I am constantly taking it off and putting it back on. It's not a huge issue, just a minor inconvenience.

I find myself being really self-conscious at work in the bathroom with this. I was timing the velcro to the hand dryer. I find the velcro exceedingly loud.

Mid day update- I have had the belt on and off all day. I've changed position and adjusted tightness and it still presses on that nerve. It's a similar feeling to how people describe sciatic pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to add that it's been about a week now since I have been wearing this and I have only had to use the heating pad once when going to sleep. That's a big deal for me, because my back was so bad at some points I would wake up and put the heating pad back on just so I could fall asleep with less pain.
Glad to hear it's working for you, when it comes to health, the proof is truly in the results!

Thanks for all the input so far. You all are doing a great job and I like what I am hearing. I may have to pick one up.

Definitely interested in more thoughts regarding wearing it to bed. I wake up every morning with lower back pain.

Back