DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to THP. Live in Arlington. I tend to play more often in the Southern MD area because I like some of the reasonably priced courses up there - Blue Mash, PB Dye, Little Bennett, etc. I feel like every nice course on the VA side is either an hour drive or +$100.

Welcome again. I play a bunch of Fairfax County courses that are close and not that expensive either. Definitely worth checking out

Greendale off Telegraph road in Alexandria also Pohick which is in Lorton off 95 both pretty reasonable.

I volunteer at Pinecrest so I play for free not the best course and short but close and free is something you can't argue with.

There are A LOT of great courses not far from you. If you drive to Reston, there are countless near there. Herndon Centennial, Algonkian (park authority), Goose Creek, South Riding, Raspberry Falls ... I could go on for hours. Get the magazine The Washington Golf Monthly .. Free subscription ... Rate and list courses in the Va, MD, area. So much golf ..
So little time!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Forgot about Pohick. I liked it there, though a bit short. I'll have to try Greendale. Thanks.

Greendale is about the same as Pohick in distance. Pohick is in much better shape IMHO.

I'm new to THP. Live in Arlington. I tend to play more often in the Southern MD area because I like some of the reasonably priced courses up there - Blue Mash, PB Dye, Little Bennett, etc. I feel like every nice course on the VA side is either an hour drive or +$100.

As somewhat of a newbee myself, welcome. I live in Annapolis but I have no problem commuting to Southern Maryland to play some good reasonably priced courses as long as the tee time does not require that I must wake up with the ducks. I am definitely not a dew sweeper or a morning glory. If you want to get a round in, just let me know.

As somewhat of a newbee myself, welcome. I live in Annapolis but I have no problem commuting to Southern Maryland to play some good reasonably priced courses as long as the tee time does not require that I must wake up with the ducks. I am definitely not a dew sweeper or a morning glory. If you want to get a round in, just let me know.

We should play Blue Mash sometime. It's over in Laytonsville, probably an hour from Annapolis. They have a great twilight rate of $50 starting at 2PM on weekends. My favorite time to play.

Pretty excited that THP will be out there in a couple of weeks for the THP Invitational Sponsored by Bridgestone.
See many of you there.

Pretty excited that THP will be out there in a couple of weeks for the THP Invitational Sponsored by Bridgestone.
See many of you there.
JB, perhaps best asked in PM, but will you be in the area Thursday night and near your favorite Columbia Pub? I'd love to buy you guys dinner if you are?

See many of you there.

Definitely pumped for the invitational! It's been too long since I made it to a THP event.

We should play Blue Mash sometime. It's over in Laytonsville, probably an hour from Annapolis. They have a great twilight rate of $50 starting at 2PM on weekends. My favorite time to play.

Sounds good to me. I have played Blue Mash, a nice track but it beats me up. The first three holes are shown as Par 4s on the card, but to me they are definitely Par 5s. But then again most courses beat me up, so what the heck, lets go for it.

Where and when is this?

It's in Ocean City on the 28th if this month. It is sold out. However if you are an AC member contact GolferGal about getting on the wait list.

Being a local could pay off if someone has to cancel at the very last minute.

Invitationals are only one great benefit to being an AC member. I'm on my mobile and can't see if you are already.

JB, perhaps best asked in PM, but will you be in the area Thursday night and near your favorite Columbia Pub? I'd love to buy you guys dinner if you are?

Sadly I will be in Salisbury because I am flying to this one and not bringing the THP Tour Van.
Next time we are in Columbia however, we do enjoy that place.

DC MD VA Area Chat

Yeah GG told me earlier you were flying in.

But if you ever do end up back in Columbia. It's a done deal.

Last edited:
I was on the waitlist and just got word the other day that there was a spot open. I can't wait till next weekend! Gonna be a good time.

I'm not a member but will join. I can't do the 28th anyways but will look out for other area events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played Pinecrest and shot 39 before all the wind and thunderstorms hit. Pretty pleased with how I played.

I'm not a member but will join. I can't do the 28th anyways but will look out for other area events.

Awesome. The Grandaddy 2 contests will be coming up soon. And JB and team have been working for months on the 2015 schedule.

2014 had an incredible 15 events. I don't know how many 2015 will have, but I can tell you each and every one will be special in its own right.

Lots of other cool things happen for AC members throughout the year.

Everyone says it's the best and biggest value they get all year for any $$ spent on golf.

I'm not a paid endorser just a happy THP member. Ha

Yes definitely keep tabs on this thread. As the summer gets going there's always at least a couple guys getting together all the time.

A few weeks ago myself, UVAWahoo and T2Green18 got together for a round. It was a great time.

So lucky to those who got in on the waiting list. Little SBY airport JB. Easy to get in and out though. Security is fast compared to bigger airports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Played Pinecrest and shot 39 before all the wind and thunderstorms hit. Pretty pleased with how I played.

nice .. good to get out I'm sure. I haven't played Pinecrest in years, since high school. I grew up playing the "OLD" Pinecrest that was there before the houses. It was 18 holes and kind of paralleled LRiverTurnpike

I was on the waitlist and just got word the other day that there was a spot open. I can't wait till next weekend! Gonna be a good time.

So you made it in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back