Official 2014 World Cup Thread (Spoilers)

I'm going out tomorrow to scout out a few pubs to see where I'm gonna watch Sundays game. There's a Britannia Arms in Monterey that I'm hopeful will have a large projection screen!

Got my Dutch orange ready to go.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Hmm interesting which group is Canada in this World Cup? Haha just playing still a little salty from the Olympics

Hmm interesting which group is Canada in this World Cup? Haha just playing still a little salty from the Olympics

Haha we have Canadian women's soccer at least.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Pleased to see English commentators for their opening game. Ian Darke one of the best in the business.

Thank god for this post! I'm pretty sure England were playing on Sunday. Either I'm goin mad or the fixture has been changed to make it a Saturday night game back home. Found out just in time to get the day off from work, phew. Sort of wish I was back home though, Saturday night down the pub watching England play Italy in the World Cup. Doesn't get much better! The bars will be electric!!!! Whereas in my local, I'll probably have to beg the bar man to switch to the game from some mind numbingly boring baseball match!!!!

This....is awesome.

I had heard about that video, but just watched it...awesome.

The is the pitch at Manaus where England play Italy.
ybemy2a4.jpg

8e2yvu2e.jpg

Pretty shocking by the looks of it. Still, if it stops Andrea Pirlo bossing the midfield again, then maybe it ain't a bad thing.

ybemy2a4.jpg

8e2yvu2e.jpg

Pretty shocking by the looks of it. Still, if it stops Andrea Pirlo bossing the midfield again, then maybe it ain't a bad thing.

Also where the USA plays Portugal. If it slows down Cristiano Ronaldo, I'm fine with it. :wink:

ybemy2a4.jpg

8e2yvu2e.jpg

How recent are those pics? that's shocking indeed, looks like crap!

um FIFA they have not played yet....

World-Cup-page-593x356.jpg

How recent are those pics? that's shocking indeed, looks like crap!

This week. The head groundsman has admitted the pitch is in bad shape and will probably stay that way for the weekend. I still can't get my head round the fact that games are actually being played here!
Looks like Sepp Blatter's reign as head of FIFA could finally be in sight after Michel Platini, head of UEFA, withdrew his support for him. Of course, if Platini decides to run and gets elected, that'll be another many years of England not getting to host a World Cup!

My predictions

I'm going
Winner: Belgium
Dark Horse: France
Golden Boot: Neymar

Trying to veer from what everyone is sure will happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here we go! My view for the next 4 weeks!!!!!!! Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!

zazere2y.jpg

This week. The head groundsman has admitted the pitch is in bad shape and will probably stay that way for the weekend. I still can't get my head round the fact that games are actually being played here![\QUOTE]

That field is a recipe for disaster if it grabs a cleat. I've seen knees get torn up playing on fields like that.

In case anyone else is like me and is expected to actually be at work for the next month, you might be interested in knowing that the ESPN Radio app has the audio streams of the games.

Kick-off...the 2014 World Cup is underway.

ESPN also has live streaming

Well, that was unexpected, an own goal by Brazil!

Wow Own goal I would not want to be that guy tonight those fans might rip him apart

Brazil looks like they are pressing a bit. I can only imagine the pressure

Back