THP West Coast Event - Coming?

I am just happy the we might get a event out here again i think we should just look forward to the event not drag up old issues and get back to the future event discussion

Have any of the NorCal members played TPC Harding Park. Playing in The City could be pretty cool. Is the course any good?

Have any of the NorCal members played TPC Harding Park. Playing in The City could be pretty cool. Is the course any good?

I was curious about that as well. Just not sure if there's lodging close enough. Though, bay area mass transit is pretty darn solid and there would be plenty of options not too far away if not right nearby I would think.

I haven't been yet, but it's on my list. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Not since they remodeled the green I believe they just reopened the new greens a few months ago it is a incredible experience playing there such a peaceful serene spot in the middle of a huge city the course is amazing and challenging

I was curious about that as well. Just not sure if there's lodging close enough. Though, bay area mass transit is pretty darn solid and there would be plenty of options not too far away if not right nearby I would think.
The City has plenty of hotels near enough to HP

Played Harding park before the renovation. Good course, some great views. There are a lot of other course I would like for a THP event, but this wouldn't be a bad one and would be very centrally located to the city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The City has plenty of hotels near enough to HP

When you say "near enough" how far do you mean out of curiousity? I'm drawing a blank as it's been a long time since I've been in the city and spent most of my time on the peninsula anyway.

When you say "near enough" how far do you mean out of curiousity? I'm drawing a blank as it's been a long time since I've been in the city and spent most of my time on the peninsula anyway.

Picture2-1.png

It's right there. I think Harding Park would be a pretty epic track to do this at if they were able to accommodate us. I know Half Moon Bay would be sweet too (just google images of that place!), but it might be pretty pricey. We all know what Mike Dean is capable of, though...At the end of the day, I'm just stoked that we're even having this conversation to begin with.

I'd just be happy if it was anywhere in the pacific time zone although I am biased towards California/Nevada/Arizona area due to my location. I am sure that if this does goes through, the location will be fantastic. Now, I just need a little luck with getting in.

Played it a while back , awesome course 2thumbs up

The majority of the big hotels are downtown or near the airport which both are with in 10 miles of the course but city traffic it can take a little longer than expected The area near Harding is called the Avenues and it is mostly homes not many hotels in the immediate area but there are a few small ones

I would think if this happens, San Diego, LA, Bay Area are all prime locations for stay-and-play events. Since we are potentially talking multi-day, I like the idea of a resort. Especially for those with significant others.

I know Ramon lives near TPC Harding Park. I'll send him a tweet to chime in here with his experience there. In fact I think he tweeted pics from there today. I believe his handle is @ramon_ware on twitter

Let me pose a couple of questions to those on the west coast in this thread.

1. Do you plan on trying to sign up for #TheGrandaddy this year?
If not, why not?

2. If you were around and did not try to sign up for the Vegas event last year, if you dont mind sharing the reason?

Working on a couple of things and these answers will assist.

Not West, but just on the border.

1~Absolutely
2~Sorry can't answer, had too much fun at this one too!

If an event were held out west but instead California or Arizona would you still be interested and a plan on attending? The same goes for those in California if an event we're in the Pacific Northwest would it still be something you plan on attending?

I don't know if this is still directed at those who live out west, but if there is a summer event in PNW I will 100% be throwing my hat in, as long as the costs are reasonable. Paying for 3-4 rack rates at Bandon can get a little pricey, for example. I have been researching the Seattle area personally for a while, as the wife and I are planning on moving out west when she finishes school, and SD and Seattle are tops on the list. Not having played there personally, I don't have first hand knowledge of the courses, but there seems to be a ton of quality courses there, including plenty within an hour or so of major airport.

Oddly, SD seems to have far fewer courses that close by, not that there still aren't enough to satisfy and THPer. I've played in AZ and Vegas, so they're actually not much of a draw for me. In the right season and at a surrender venue though, I would consider it. Anything around Seattle or Portland though, it's a no brainier.

I'm in for AZ, Vegas or SoCal as long as i don't have work conflicts.

RE to all the SF talk...I can almost 100% guarantee I am in if it's in San Fran/Bay Area/Monterey, because my girl wants to go there for vacation anyways next year. Looping in a THP event is just a no brainer in that instance.

Honestly, I'll go so far as to say that if it's Bay Area or north of there, I am pretty darn close to 100%, because a weekend is really easy for me. So Cal, Vegas, and AZ are a little more touch and go, but I'll still do my damndest to make it work, just can't say for certain.

This thread is so encouraging! The passion that so many have shown really leads me to believe that a west coast event would not only be successful, but holds the potential to set a new high in THP awesomeness. Keep up the great dialogue, it feels like we are just feeding the big guns ammo to make an incredible event. Can not wait to see what comes of all this. Thanks to JB for even considering traveling across the country to bring THP to the left coast.

Bump

I would be beyond thrilled for another THP event anywhere in the Pacific time zone. I really hope we get something in the not too distant future.

I would not be against a Colorado event, but I'm still rooting for California. In the end, it doesn't matter, if health continues to slowly improve, I expect to try to get into multiple events next year wherever they may be. (But seriously, SoCal NoCal would be wicked.)

This thread makes me so happy. To think I can play in a THP event and not have a full day flying there makes me quite giddy.

And a California event on top of it. I Would think I won the lottery.

Back