Official 2014 World Cup Thread (Spoilers)

Can't wait for tomorrow's games! If you don't like the game go watch baseball and try not to fall asleep.

Just watching some of the BBC coverage from back home. They are doing a pitch side report at Manaus. Good news is the pitch isn't as bad as it looks. It's fairly level and true, just looks bad where they've over fertilized it. Also, temperatures nowhere near as high as feared. All good news. Only another day to go! COME ON ENGLAND!!!

Just watching some of the BBC coverage from back home. They are doing a pitch side report at Manaus. Good news is the pitch isn't as bad as it looks. It's fairly level and true, just looks bad where they've over fertilized it. Also, temperatures nowhere near as high as feared. All good news. Only another day to go! COME ON ENGLAND!!!
Good luck today!

Good luck today!

Yeah, about that....England plays Italy on Saturday, not today.

Today's matches (times are Eastern):
Group A - Mexico vs. Cameroon - Noon kickoff – ESPN2
Group B - Spain vs. Netherlands - 3 p.m. kickoff – ESPN
Group B - Chile vs. Australia - 6 p.m. kickoff – ESPN2

Viva España!!! World cup Friday at work and the red jersey is on!

Yeah, about that....England plays Italy on Saturday, not today.

Today's matches (times are Eastern):
Group A - Mexico vs. Cameroon - Noon kickoff – ESPN2
Group B - Spain vs. Netherlands - 3 p.m. kickoff – ESPN
Group B - Chile vs. Australia - 6 p.m. kickoff – ESPN2
Thanks can I not wish him luck anyway?

Id be interested in predictions for the England team tomorrow. Will there be any surprises? I expect not. I just hope they go and play their own game, and not spend their time worrying about Pirlo. Hoping rather than expecting...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

First match of the day and it's raining like crazy. Helps me Mexico negate a little of Camaroon's speed. I hope Mexico can come out on top.

Awful call. That was WAY onside.

FYI, for those at work that have access to WatchESPN, every game of the World Cup is also being shown through that website.

This match should be 3-0. Come on Mexico hold on

That save was huge by Ochoa.

Good luck today!

Cheers. It is tomorrow, but I'll gladly take your luck. I think we'll need it, although I'm fairly confident of grinding out a draw against the Italians. Last time we played em, Pirlo destroyed us, although we did take it to penalties. If we can shut him out, I like our chances. The squad is so much more chilled out than 4 years ago too, which is a good thing.

Rerun of last WC final now, I'm going for the same score line, Spain to nick it 1-0.

Spain might be a step slower this time around, but still should be a great match.
Rerun of last WC final now, I'm going for the same score line, Spain to nick it 1-0.

They aren't the team of 4 years ago, no doubt. Still pretty bloody good though. The only worry with this game is both teams might be playing not to lose.

What a goal!!!!! Superb!!!!!!

Holy crap that was awesome...

Great first half. Spain controlled most of it, but this is why I love the World Cup. At any moment a goal can happen.

Golazo. What a header and what a pass.

Not sure which was more amazing, the pass or the finish.

Both were pretty special.
This is a superb game!!!! The Dutch are looking extremely tasty!!!!!

Back