2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

He's done. Just missed a putt. Has no chance now. Ha ha

Holy crap, he actually missed one.

Though Kaymer had made that one. Burned the edge.

BTW I'm not conceding it yet to Kaymer. He could easily turn in to Ricky Barnes from 2009

I'm ready to call Mike Davis to see if they can bring the rough back overnight

I would thank this 1,000 times if I could.

That's got to hurt for Keegan.

I would thank this 1,000 times if I could.

I know it's early still. But all week I felt like I heard about how the wild areas were going to be tough and be a 50/50 chance. There is no way it's tougher than the traditional US Open rough. Seems to me these guys have no fear of that stuff.

That's got to hurt for Keegan.

A couple local pro friends of mine played it a few weeks ago with some of their members. They said the native area was not as tough as they had expected. But the member friends struggled big time from it.

I know it's early still. But all week I felt like I heard about how the wild areas were going to be tough and be a 50/50 chance. There is no way it's tougher than the traditional US Open rough. Seems to me these guys have no fear of that stuff.

Even if they don't get it on the green, they can get it close to the green. They are also hitting short irons out of it which helps, if they stretch out this course and put the tees all the way back, hitting 4 or 5 irons out of that would be tougher.

You guys watching they haven't played the course before. Watching this Open does it make you want to play it? Oddly enough I don't know if I would enjoy it.

A couple local pro friends of mine played it a few weeks ago with some of their members. They said the native area was not as tough as they had expected. But the member friends struggled big time from it.

It doesn't look too bad unless you are in one of the larger plants or in a foot print or somethign.

I predicted someone would win this thing to some friends at -8 to -10, looks like I estimated low. Only way usga keeps the scores around par is to trick the courses up with insane rough and tucked pins with concrete greens, which to me isn't any fun to watch. Players are just too good now with their skills and equipment and can go low on any course setup unless playing from 4" rough.

Pinehurst was looking like your tour stop courses - I'm sold on the restoration. Think it gives the course character and separates itself from the countless other courses on tour.

I was just thinking that being in that stiff isn't really hurting. The only way I see it hurting is if your ball rolls into or on one of those little bushes. Otherwise no real penalty for being a little offline off the tee

Pinehurst was looking like your tour stop courses - I'm sold on the restoration. Think it gives the course character and separates itself from the countless other courses on tour.

It does. I like the restoration. It sure is different

You guys watching they haven't played the course before. Watching this Open does it make you want to play it? Oddly enough I don't know if I would enjoy it.

I would still love to play it. Just the green complexes alone would make it extremely fun IMO

I love the restoration as well. I think in time the grasses in the sandy areas will fill in more and the chances of getting clean lies will decrease. This course will play much harder 5 years from now.

It does. I like the restoration. It sure is different

The restoration isn't done either. My buddy and I are going down there to play in October and we have been told that #2 course will be closed as they are changing the greens over to a different grass.

I like it too. It doesn't look as "pretty" as other courses, but I like what they have done with the course.

On an unrelated note, watching Keegan is making me anxious.

I would still love to play it. Just the green complexes alone would make it extremely fun IMO

Don't get me wrong. I would play it. Just that at times I watch tournaments and think man I'd love to get out on that course. This just isn't giving me that feeling right now.

2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

Dean. I loved playing it before the restoration. Hole 14 was already pretty much like the rest do the course now. It had a sandy waste area all the way up the right. I got in it off the tee and thought I was going to spend the rest of the week in it.

I'd like to play it now, but not sure how I'd do.

Last edited:
The restoration isn't done either. My buddy and I are going down there to play in October and we have been told that #2 course will be closed as they are changing the greens over to a different grass.

They are converting to an Ultradwarf Bermuda, from the current Penn G-2.

Dean. I loved playing it before the restoration. Hole 14 was already pretty much like the rest do the course now. It had a sandy waste area Ll the way up the right. I got in it off the tee and thought I was going to spend the rest of the week in it.

I'd like to play it now, but not sure how I'd do.

I still think #2 is all about the green complexes. I have played it several times before the restoration, and found the greens to be the real challenge of playing that course well.

i like the changes i have seen, it's something different, and back closer to what it was.

Back