2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The 2014 US Open is upon us and that means one of our fun major contests is here as well. This thread will serve as host for all of the tournament chatter as well as contest talk. It should be lively for the tournament, so hopefully those that enter join in on the fun during the tournament.

20140609_071011-M.jpg

20140609_071027-M.jpg

20140609_071020-M.jpg

Like most of our major challenges, your job will be to pick players and depending on how they finish, you could be a winner, but this year will be a little different.

The Prizes
Signed Limited Edition 2014 US Open Callaway Staff Bag by Phil Mickelson
Phil Mickelson Signed US Open Flag

Here are the rules
1. Only one entry per person
2. Your entry will be emailed in.
3. Contest Open to anybody that is a member of the THP Forum
4. If you win, shipping is free for Albatross Club members only.
If you are not a member & would like to become one, click here.

Contest will run until the tournament starts Thursday & we will use this thread for all the tournament action. When the 1st man is off, entries will be closed off.

Your Entry
Your entry will consist of your pick(s) for the tournament as well as this info. Your email will be sent to contests@thehackersparadise.com
Picks
Your THP Forum Screen Name
Full Name
Shipping Address

The Players
Your job is to pick the winner of the tournament. You can pick anybody in the entire field, but the kicker here is you get only one golfer. There is a catch however, if you decide to pick from this list, you will get three players from the list instead of just one.

Phil Mickelson
Henrik Stenson
Jim Furyk
Gary Woodland
Chris Kirk
Harris English
Patrick Reed
Nicolas Colsaerts
Matt Every

Playing the Game
You pick anybody you think will win the US Open, however if you pick a Callaway staff member from above, you increase your odds by getting three players instead of one (all 3 from the list above). The entries with the most prize money will win. In the event of a tie (and they do happen), we will break the tie, by random draw.

Bonus Money
Callaway has a big promotion going on here. If you test out a Big Bertha driver, you can enter to win Phil Mickelson's prize money. Because Callaway was kind enough to send over these incredible prizes, THP is going to sweeten the offer. Test out one of the Big Bertha drivers from a participating retailer, and earn an extra $250,000 in prize money added to your submission total for this contest.

All you have to do is send a picture with your entry of one of the Big Bertha drivers in a golf store indicating that you are there and you will begin the tournament with $250,000 in prize money before the guys even tee it up.

Good luck everybody and we look forward to a great US Open and a THPer winning an incredible prize package.

Last edited:
Easily one of the best contest PRIZES EVER! The $250K bonus is a nice touch too. Going to head back to the store and test it again.

Wow great prizes and $250k heck yea!!! Lot of awesomeness just happened.

Lots of ponder for this one, I am leaning towards 1 player right now. I must get over to Macon and get in a picture so as to get the $250,000 bonus, that is just too good to pass up. These prizes are just incredible, good luck everyone.

Talk about saweetttt. What an amazing prize pack for an awesome tournament. Time to head back out and test the BBA again, hoping I don't walk out with one.

Holy s*&t. 250k? Wow. THP and Callaway completely dominating.

Wow, great contest! Thanks THP and Callaway! Now time to ponder my picks.

Can't wait...

This is a very good prize fund, but I do have one slight issue with it, and that is that it is slightly more in favour of the US side of the pond due to the Callaway promotion - in theory, I could pick the exact same players as someone in the States (and assuming but they are able to participate in this promotion and therefore have $250,000 more in the prize fund. I know this is probably unlikely but the thought did enter my head

Eg,

I pick Mickelson, Stenson and Furyk the same as one other person in the States, but they go and test the driver, so even if these picks finished 1st, 2nd and 3rd, I am out of the competition as my prize money total is $250,000 less

That is only my personal view and not a pop at THP but it won't stop me entering the competition - I would just be a little bit disappointed to find I was not in the tie-break draw because of where I live

Good luck to everyone and get your entries in

Jst emailed my picks. Sweet contest

Sweet contest!!! Thanks THP and Callaway!!! Just submitted my pics and hope that I can get somewhere to get that picture taken for the extra 250k.

WOW!!! Incredible prizes! Guess I will be stopping by Edwin Watts in Tallahassee in the nwxt few days...

Never a dull moment on THP. Easy picks here with the Callaway crew listed.

What a great contest. Thanks to THP and Callaway for the awesome prize pack. Now its time to get my entry in

nice! now to make my garage look like a golf shop and snap a pic with Bertha...

I kid.

This is an amazing prize! Cannot believe someone will win this.

Time to ponder my pick.

Quick question does it have to be a big bag store like Golfsmith? because my local golf boutique has BB for demo, would I be able to take a picture there?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Whoa. 250k??? Thanks to THP and Callaway for the opportunity!

Love the prize package from Callaway Golf. Thanks to them and THP for making the US Open even more interesting.

The tie in to the Callaway contest is really a nice touch also, not sure I can get down to a store before the entry deadline, but a nice way to combine the great stuff Callaway is doing with THP's contest.

Callaway stepping up again for THP. Love it. I hope to get down to the PGA SS later this week and demo the BB and get that extra prize money.

Quick question does it have to be a big bag store like Golfsmith? because my local golf boutique has BB for demo, would I be able to take a picture there?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

It must be from a place that offers their Big Bertha Pay Check promotion.

Thanks JB.

Wow. What a fantastic prize pack!! Gotta get to my local Dick's Sporting Goods to test out that Bertha for that extra bonus!!

THP is going to sweeten the offer. Test out one of the Big Bertha drivers from a participating retailer, and earn an extra $250,000 in prize money added to your submission total for this contest. All you have to do is send a picture with your entry of one of the Big Bertha drivers in a golf store indicating that you are there and you will begin the tournament with $250,000 in prize money before the guys even tee it up.
i just threw it out yesterday morning when i was cleaning up...
:angry:

Pretty awesome contest and prizes! I should have taken a pic when I tried out the Bertha a couple weeks ago. Oh well, guess I'll just have to go hit it again.

Back