2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

Can I change my pick to Kaymer??? :alien2: He is just rock solid right now!

Thanks. That's what I thought. Of course the way he's playing he could be playing old blades from 1950 and still be leading. Ha

Very true. I know it makes for a boring tournament, but I love seeing a guy play exceptional golf, makes you realize just how great of players these guys are.

Club question. Is Kaymer playing the TM CB's or MC's?

Mcs

Very true. I know it makes for a boring tournament, but I love seeing a guy play exceptional golf, makes you realize just how great of players these guys are.

Excellent point.

If this was Tiger or Phil, nobody including myself would say if was boring. Nothing against Kaymer but he isn't a guy we usually get excited about watching.

That said you so have to appreciate how phenomenal he's playing.

Mcs

Any reason he does not have a Taylormade Bag ???

Excellent point.

If this was Tiger or Phil, nobody including myself would say if was boring. Nothing against Kaymer but he isn't a guy we usually get excited about watching.

That said you so have to appreciate how phenomenal he's playing.

I don't know, watching him and his play makes me want to run out and spend 4 hours on the range.

Freddie asked that on twitter but there's no response yet.

With Kaymer going off like this looks like i'll be watching the world cup, sadly.

But good for him for playing so well, so far

Pinehurst looks like my local golf couse. I don't know why the USGA wanted it to look like this, it looks like crap.

With Kaymer going off like this looks like i'll be watching the world cup, sadly.

But good for him for playing so well, so far

You know. I'm really holding out hope by tomorrow afternoon things will even out and we'll have an exciting Sunday.

Pinehurst looks like my local golf couse. I don't know why the USGA wanted it to look like this, it looks like crap.

Disagree. I like the original look. I don't like how easy it's playing today. But I do like the look and hope for it to firm up a bit this weekend.

I'm with you. I don't think it's boring at all to see a guy play well. Nothing boring about watching a guy crush his driver right down the middle everytime and hit his approach shots exactly where he wants to. He's playing at a level I could only dream of right now.

Where's Shooter? ...quick get the guy with the VW bug.

Spieth just seems to always be in the top 10.

Spieth just seems to always be in the top 10.

Yep. Maybe there's hope he'll put up a good number this afternoon.

Disagree. I like the original look. I don't like how easy it's playing today. But I do like the look and hope for it to firm up a bit this weekend.

I don't know, I don't like how brown it is, the rough doesn't bother me, but when there's brown and dirt patches on the fairway.

The scores are not really that low only 14 players under par many of those still to go out and only 8 guys under par on the day

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

I don't know, I don't like how brown it is, the rough doesn't bother me, but when there's brown and dirt patches on the fairway.

I don't mind the brown look so much. I used to not like the British Open because of that. But over the years I've come to appreciate the natural look even if that means some brown or dead areas.

I'm even ok with brown on our local munis as long as that brown is still grass and not hard pan :)

Last edited:

I think this is going to be the model of how a lot of courses manage their facility now. Less rough means less watering and less maintenance, less watering and maintenance means lower costs. I love the look of #2 now, it was rather boring before the restoration.

The scores are not really that low only 14 players under par many of those still to go out and only 8 guys under par on the day

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

That's still about 14 and 8 more than you'd typically see at the US Open by Friday afternoon.

Just getting the ESPN app working on iPad.

Glad that no golf is on right now so that ESPN can do a Tom Rinaldi fluff piece. Everyone on the course is apparently taking a break or something.

Bleck.

I'm with you. I don't think it's boring at all to see a guy play well. Nothing boring about watching a guy crush his driver right down the middle everytime and hit his approach shots exactly where he wants to. He's playing at a level I could only dream of right now.

Just wait until July... :Alien

Seriously, though, it's amazing to watch Kaymer play like this.

Worked from home today to watch the U.S. open and get in some practice this afternoon and Kaymer has already gone out and won the darn thing...

My hometown kid Spieth has yet to tee off though, I hope he can go out and shoot a solid round today.

Just getting the ESPN app working on iPad.

Glad that no golf is on right now so that ESPN can do a Tom Rinaldi fluff piece. Everyone on the course is apparently taking a break or something.

Bleck.
US Open app has the Kaymer coverage.

-10...getting ridiculous. they just said and its true that Bradley's E for the day looks like garbage relatively speaking.

Back